Cardiff/Sala - Missing Plane

LGTL

Christ, what a ridiculous over reaction. Obviously a pretty tasteless and stupid thing to do, but the most worrying aspect for me is that they actually got arrested for it.

Half the time the police can't be bothered to investigate actual crimes, yet they arrest two blokes for waving their arms around?

Aside from that, the minute's silence was impeccably observed by 30000+ but of course that doesn't make headlines.

Christ, what a ridiculous over reaction. Obviously a pretty tasteless and stupid thing to do, but the most worrying aspect for me is that they actually got arrested for it.

Half the time the police can't be bothered to investigate actual crimes, yet they arrest two blokes for waving their arms around?

Aside from that, the minute's silence was impeccably observed by 30000+ but of course that doesn't make headlines.

are you actually suggesting these people need defending?

Personally, I’m gonna make it my mission to have a minutes silence at the next game for the pilot. He has also been tragically lost and his family don’t have the comfort of at least the body being recovered.

Why? You didn't know him. You have no connection with him. Not did saints. Youre a hypocrite.

I've seen words like disgusting/ disrespectful / insensitive, being used to describe the incident with the saints fan.

I'll tell you whats all those things, Cardiff City stalling over payments due making Nantes require legal action to pursue what's owed whilst at the same time Cardiff milking the death of a player for every ounce of sympathy and goodwill. If the team spirit keeps them up it will be worth the £15M.

I've seen words like disgusting/ disrespectful / insensitive, being used to describe the incident with the saints fan.

I'll tell you whats all those things, Cardiff City stalling over payments due making Nantes require legal action to pursue what's owed whilst at the same time Cardiff milking the death of a player for every ounce of sympathy and goodwill. If the team spirit keeps them up it will be worth the £15M.

How Cardiff are acting is making me sick. This has nothing to do with them. They should have just done a tweet, shown their condolances, but all this 'Play for Sala' 'Win for Sala' is just disgusting by them.

How Cardiff are acting is making me sick. This has nothing to do with them. They should have just done a tweet, shown their condolances, but all this 'Play for Sala' 'Win for Sala' is just disgusting by them.

they are using it to their advantage. A cause to unite behind and all that,

NEIL Warnock has abandoned plans for Cardiff to take a mid-season break so that he and his players can reflect on the Emiliano Sala tragedy in privacy with their families.

“The club gave me permission to fly out to Tenerife, to take them all for four days.

“But after what’s happened over the past two weeks, I’d rather cuddle my kids and see my missus because it’s been a long two weeks. I’ve never known anything like this in my life and I’ve seen most things.''

Give me a ****ing break.

Don’t worry there’s another minutes silence for all champions league games - saw a Spurs fan saying this will be the third match in a row where they have had a minutes silence for the same event.

Seem to remember a similar experience when Gary Speed died. Could be 4 in a row now for that Spurs fan, what with Banks passing away.

The way Cardiff have handled this whole situation is a bit of a joke really. When it comes to grief and sympathy votes, they’re acting like it was a club legend. When it comes to payment, it seems like they’re trying to wash their hands as like he wasn’t their player... every day you seem to see someone to do with Cardiff in the papers.

Abs for the lads making the gestures, they’ve probably taken it a bit too far, but I don’t really have a problem with it. I can’t understand why a Cardiff fan would even get irate and bite on it. They done it to wind the Cardiff fans up and boy did it work (also people have been doing it to United for years and no one bats an eyelid).

Personally I’d rather our lot try and intimidate the away section and make St Mary’s a horrible place to play, rather than club away clubs songs etc. Couldn’t make the game but no doubt if Cardiff sang Sala’s name, our mob probably clapped it.

Always sad when someone dies but as usual football takes the level of pathos to a ridiculous level.

There are too many minutes silences in my opinion. I blame Princess Diana for kicking it all off; they cancelled Liverpool vs. Newcastle and set an ever increasing precedent.

I'd limit it to heads of state, club legends and maybe two or more of the Spice Girls.

Always sad when someone dies but as usual football takes the level of pathos to a ridiculous level.

There are too many minutes silences in my opinion. I blame Princess Diana for kicking it all off; they cancelled Liverpool vs. Newcastle and set an ever increasing precedent.

I'd limit it to heads of state, club legends and maybe two or more of the Spice Girls.

Depends which two.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t usually post on Twitter, or rant for that matter, but I did this week following all the #RIPSala and “football community coming together” bolox. After the announcement of silences for European games, I suggested it would be fair if there was a minute silence before every European flight leaves the ground for 2 weeks. For the sake of parity of course. Gets right on my baps.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t usually post on Twitter, or rant for that matter, but I did this week following all the #RIPSala and “football community coming together” bolox. After the announcement of silences for European games, I suggested it would be fair if there was a minute silence before every European flight leaves the ground for 2 weeks. For the sake of parity of course. Gets right on my baps.

Someone on Twitter was going off on one to those questioning the OTT reaction. He/She was harping on about how football is a family and we must all come together in these circumstances.

God sake

Football family, that's laugh. Cardiff's idea of all coming together on Saturday was "England is full of sh!t" "England f*cked it up", "You're just a small town in Portsmouth", "You're going down with the Fulham".

Then they were mortally offended by a couple of blokes doing airplane impressions.

Just as well it’s not a minutes applause. I’ll be applauding, just out of time with everyone else.

Discussed this at work when news broke about Banks. Overwhelming view was It should be a decision the clubs they were affiliated with to want to either celebrate or commemorate.

Football family, that's laugh. Cardiff's idea of all coming together on Saturday was "England is full of sh!t" "England f*cked it up", "You're just a small town in Portsmouth", "You're going down with the Fulham".

Then they were mortally offended by a couple of blokes doing airplane impressions.

What those moronic Saints fans did was very poor, regardless of anything else.

Obviously low intelligence people but still.

Maybe it's a cultural thing I don't get but why are most of the Argentine and French people at the funeral wearing jeans and trainers. Even Sala's family.

Maybe it's a cultural thing I don't get but why are most of the Argentine and French people at the funeral wearing jeans and trainers. Even Sala's family.

Seeing that quite a few of them are then maybe the family requested it, its not too hard to get. After all he was a young man who probably lived in jeans and trainers.

absolutely disgraceful actions by Cardiff City. You signed a player, he was yours, no one elses. Pay up the transfer fee and stop trying to get out of it because some agents talked up his transfer fee.

I don't suspect Cardiff will get away it for one moment....but just imagine if they did!!!.......how many clubs would suddenly stop payments for players they had bought because they suddenly believed they had paid over the odds for a player because they would have lost out to West Ham who get linked with everyone that ever put on a pair of football boots!

Yep, they're a complete disgrace. Nantes will have financial commitments from this sale, and then there is Cardiff mourning the loss of their player but refusing to pay for him.

A pretty poor response from Cardiff, especially when they've been the subject of much public sympathy over the whole episode.

I can't see any grounds for them withholding the transfer fee. The article I read said that the player's international clearance had been granted and therefore he was registered as a CCFC player. That should be the end of the matter. Any arguments regarding the involvement of agents trying to ramp up interest are irrelevant, surely just a commercial marketing ploy from the agents that Cardiff should be wise to.

Depending on the terms of the deal of course, perhaps the conjecture should be IF Cardiff had insisted on installments after 20 matches, or a set number of goals.

I'm only aware of one previous court case over a transfer and non payment, that was Ted MacDougall after he joined Man Utd from Bournemouth in the early 1970's and was sold before having the opportunity to score the prescribed number of goals. Bournemouth won their case. Circumstances here are entirely different.

Anyway, I want Cardiff to create and refuse to pay. A 10 point deduction by May should do it.

Cardiff City manager: "He was my player."

Cardiff City fans: "Emiliano is a Bluebird, always in our hearts."

Cardiff City FC: "We're not going to pay for him if we can avoid it."

It's all a bit farcical, isn't it?

It's embarrassing, just pay the dosh

You CAN'T compare the two. You just can't.

This is one of the most stupid posts I've ever read. Making fun of England, sporting rivalries, or a club being potentially relegated isn't the same as making fun of the death of a 28 year old man days after his body was discovered. Get some perspective.

Football banter is football banter but if you don't see any difference between those two things you need to take a look at yourself.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

This is one of the most stupid posts I've ever read. Making fun of England, sporting rivalries, or a club being potentially relegated isn't the same as making fun of the death of a 28 year old man days after his body was discovered. Get some perspective.

Football banter is football banter but if you don't see any difference between those two things you need to take a look at yourself.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I never said they were the same, just laughing at the idea that we’re one big football family.

I never said they were the same, just laughing at the idea that we’re one big football family.

The thing you are saying has nothing to do with that though, we can be a family that has rivalries and jokes but come together in times of hardship, like with Everton and Liverpool after Hillsborough. Seems like most of your cynicism arises from the fact you take people saying we will get relegated or deriding us in comparison with our rivals as super serious business.