Che Adams

TopGun

It isn’t nothing. Most clubs in Europe can’t afford to pay those lind of fees.

We have a limited budget our club record signing is 19m.

Let the big clubs live in their lala land of overinflated fees.

We have tight budget and I am glad we are sticking to it.

Probably a year too late though as we completely washed away the Van Dijk money by completely overpaying for average players

Exactly. I can't believe the "sign him at any cost mentality". He's a lad who's had 1 good season in division 2 ffs.

On your 2nd point, we've done more than wash away the Van Dijk transfer fee. We've locked ourselves into massive contracts for many years with **** players, and committed ourselves to signing Ings. This is the only time I can remember that transferring out players is likely to cost us rather than bringing in revenue.

All this talk about spending big bucks, got me thinking about other clubs and their Record transfers (according to transfermarkt.co.uk) which I know is only half the package, as wages, Bosman, etc etc

Ignoring the Big 6..... this is so far what is listed...

Sheffield Utd - James Beattie - £5.4m

Norwich - Naismith - £9.9m

Burnley - Gibson - £15.21m

Cardiff - Sala - £15.3m

Brighton - Jahanbakhsh - £17.1m

Huddersfield - Kongolo - £18m

Watford - Gray - £18.36m

Newcastle - Owen - £22.5m

Aston Villa - Wesley - £22.5m

Saints - Vestergaard - £22.5m

Bournemouth - £25.2m

Fulham - Seri - £27.0m

Leicester - Slimani - £27.45m

Palace - Benteke - £28.08m

Wolves - Jiminez - £34.2m

West Ham - Anderson - £34.2m

Everton - Sigurdsson - £44.46m

Exactly. I can't believe the "sign him at any cost mentality". He's a lad who's had 1 good season in division 2 ffs.

On your 2nd point, we've done more than wash away the Van Dijk transfer fee. We've locked ourselves into massive contracts for many years with **** players, and committed ourselves to signing Ings. This is the only time I can remember that transferring out players is likely to cost us rather than bringing in revenue.

it is not 'sign him at any cost'

he is obviously HIGH UP on Ralph's wish list and no one is suggesting throwing £25m on him. All we have to do is raise out bid slightly and he is ours.

unless of course, he is not what Ralph wants?

All this talk about spending big bucks, got me thinking about other clubs and their Record transfers (according to transfermarkt.co.uk) which I know is only half the package, as wages, Bosman, etc etc

Ignoring the Big 6..... this is so far what is listed...

Sheffield Utd - James Beattie - £5.4m

Norwich - Naismith - £9.9m

Burnley - Gibson - £15.21m

Cardiff - Sala - £15.3m

Brighton - Jahanbakhsh - £17.1m

Huddersfield - Kongolo - £18m

Watford - Gray - £18.36m

Newcastle - Owen - £22.5m

Aston Villa - Wesley - £22.5m

Saints - Vestergaard - £22.5m

Bournemouth - £25.2m

Fulham - Seri - £27.0m

Leicester - Slimani - £27.45m

Palace - Benteke - £28.08m

Wolves - Jiminez - £34.2m

West Ham - Anderson - £34.2m

Everton - Sigurdsson - £44.46m

Wasn't Vestergaard more like £16-18m? Considering he can't run and can't head the ball more than about five yards, you'd hope he wasn't our record signing (not that the other contender is any more impressive).

Wasn't Vestergaard more like £16-18m? Considering he can't run and can't head the ball more than about five yards, you'd hope he wasn't our record signing (not that the other contender is any more impressive).

Yeah, Vestergaard was £18m or approx. €22.5m.

We can't be expected to match the unsustainable outlay of footballing titans such as Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham or Palace, after all. We'd instantly be ruined if we even attempted to keep up with them.

Love how people call it division 2 when we don’t want the player, but championship when we do. Bants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't be expected to match the unsustainable outlay of footballing titans such as Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham or Palace, after all. We'd instantly be ruined if we even attempted to keep up with them.

Tbf Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham or Palace have needed to spend big as they keep selling all their best players and have made 100s of millions from selling their best players last 4-5 years.

If we were selling players for 75m I'm sure we would step up our ambitions

#oh

Edited by Heisenberg

Tbf Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham or Palace have needed to spend big as they keep selling all their best players and have made 100s of millions from selling their best players last 4-5 years.

#oh

Who have Bournemouth sold? Ritchie, Afobe and Murray?

Clueless as always.

#oh

That s not like you to be negative about Saints.

Sod it go for Jean-kevin Auustin

Or Chuck brum Sam G or Austin...

Austin wants to stay in the premier League that's why we can't find any takers

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

it is not 'sign him at any cost'

he is obviously HIGH UP on Ralph's wish list and no one is suggesting throwing £25m on him. All we have to do is raise out bid slightly and he is ours.

unless of course, he is not what Ralph wants?

I repeat, he's had one good season in that league. One. Jay Rod and Billy Sharp scored more than him last season ffs. Sure, he may make the step up to the big boy league, and Ralph may think he can, but £14mil feels like top money and if Birmingham don't bite at that then I'd be happy if we move on to another target.

Austin wants to stay in the premier League that's why we can't find any takers

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

With most of his life posted on twitter or instagram, i'm surprised hes not seeking out a move to LA or NY to play in the MLS

I repeat, he's had one good season in that league. One. Jay Rod and Billy Sharp scored more than him last season ffs. Sure, he may make the step up to the big boy league, and Ralph may think he can, but £14mil feels like top money and if Birmingham don't bite at that then I'd be happy if we move on to another target.

Adams is alot younger though so has much more potential.

and you believe other targets will have had more than one good season?

who had a better season last year, Djenepo or Adams? (serious question as have no idea)

Love the old happy to move onto other targets type comments.

Who would satisfy your need to score as many or more than Jrod and Sharp, but not be 'top money' or who else can you get for around 14million

According to most saints fans Mane only had one good season in division 1 before he got snapped up. [emoji849][emoji23]

and you believe other targets will have had more than one good season?

who had a better season last year, Djenepo or Adams? (serious question as have no idea)

Q 1.No idea mate, but I'm not the one getting excited about a division 1 striker. Q 2. Different players in different leagues so impossible to tell but from what I've seen, Djenepo has much more potential.

Adams is on his way up, not down.

I appreciate that, I was just highlighting that 1 good season in div 1 does not suggest a player is up to the Premier league - Billy Sharp sure ain't, and Jay Rob probably isn't, yet both out scored Adams last season. Gallagher looked half decent in that league but isn't a premier league player either. By all means take a punt on the lad, but we have to set a cap on the fee and I'm not one of the happy players who says chuck Brum whatever they want to bring him in.

I repeat, he's had one good season in that league. One. Jay Rod and Billy Sharp scored more than him last season ffs.

- Rodriguez did not score more league goals than Adams last season.

- Sharp only scored one more league goal and is 33 years old.

Neither Sharp or Rodriguez scored any where near the 22 Championship goals when they were Adams' age! :mcinnes:

Who would satisfy your need to score as many or more than Jrod and Sharp, but not be 'top money' or who else can you get for around 14million

No idea, I'm not a scout. Re the 14 mil, I have no issue with the club paying that. My issue is paying more than that which many people are advocating.

No idea, I'm not a scout. Re the 14 mil, I have no issue with the club paying that. My issue is paying more than that which many people are advocating.

you are not a scout (your own words) but have defined what is reasonable to pay for Adams?

:?

Neither Sharp or Rodriguez scored any where near the 22 Championship goals when they were Adams' age! :mcinnes:

FFS, I thought you'd pipe up! OK, so Jay Rod and Adams both scored 22, with Jay Rod. However you put it, he had a better return.

The point is that a good season in div 1 (or championship for the pedantic) does not suggest a player is Premier league standard. If we sign him, I hope he is, but I've never seen such drama about signing a lower league player.

you are not a scout (your own words) but have defined what is reasonable to pay for Adams?

:?

You don't need to be a scout to understand that 14 million quid is a lot of money to spend taking a punt on a division 1 footballer!

Not to mention Sheff Utd & WBA were both top 4 last season. Birmingham slacking down in 17th.

I do think that transfermarkt get their figures wrong a fair bit, but it seems to give more info than elsewhere. So having said that.... looking at the total market value of the squad, we were 7th or 8th not so many seasons ago. Now we are supposedly behind Bournemouth. I know it's subjective to a large extent, but it does show how sit our recruitment has been recently....https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

FFS, I thought you'd pipe up! OK, so Jay Rod and Adams both scored 22, with Jay Rod. However you put it, he had a better return.

The point is that a good season in div 1 (or championship for the pedantic) does not suggest a player is Premier league standard. If we sign him, I hope he is, but I've never seen such drama about signing a lower league player.

Why do you refer to the championship as Div 1 whilst belittling a player? Is it some strange attempt to make him sound worse? Might as well call it the premiership. Anyone know who is in the inter-toto cup this year?

Why do you refer to the championship as Div 1 whilst belittling a player? Is it some strange attempt to make him sound worse? Might as well call it the premiership. Anyone know who is in the inter-toto cup this year?

Have you joined the MLG pedant police or something? Either way it's division 2/championship and Adams is a player unproven above that level.

Have you joined the MLG pedant police or something? Either way it's division 2/championship and Adams is a player unproven above that level.

Ah i see, get your point. So let’s just go and buy a proven player at PL level. 20+ goals for less than 20 million, should be a doddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah i see, get your point. So let’s just go and buy a proven player at PL level. 20+ goals for less than 20 million, should be a doddle.

You're missing my point which is I disagree with the various people saying chuck Brum more cash to get him over the line. I'm saying is thats crazy for a lower league player. Sure, take a chance on him but the clubs rumoured 14mil maximum seems sensible to me. So is your point that we just pay 20 million?

Not sure ive seen any posts where people are encouraging the club to "chuck" Birmingham more cash.

More a case that we've seemingly been negotiating for the best part of 7-8 months and our indecision has cost us players previously.

After 7-8 months talking to Birmingham they've clearly named a price that they won't budge on and we presumably have our maximum valuation. If you're still way off after 7 months then it's probably time for us to decide if we really want him.... But either way be more decisive!!!

Occasionally we need to show the same determination and readiness we show when selling our top talent.

So what did you think of the following signings....

Mane

VVD

Wanyama

Pelle

Tadic

Hojberg

Cedric

Gunn

It’s the championship. Nothing else.

You're missing my point which is I disagree with the various people saying chuck Brum more cash to get him over the line. I'm saying is thats crazy for a lower league player. Sure, take a chance on him but the clubs rumoured 14mil maximum seems sensible to me. So is your point that we just pay 20 million?

Ah, apologies, i did miss your point. And I do agree with it. So to answer your question, no I do not think that we should pay 20+ for him, nor do I think we have the ability to sign proven PL goal scorers. But I don’t think that is what you were suggesting so looks like we are on the same page here.

It isn’t nothing. Most clubs in Europe can’t afford to pay those lind of fees.

We have a limited budget our club record signing is 19m.

Let the big clubs live in their lala land of overinflated fees.

We have tight budget and I am glad we are sticking to it.

Probably a year too late though as we completely washed away the Van Dijk money by completely overpaying for average players

We 'compete' in the most lucrative division in the entire world. While techincally you're correct that Zulte-Waregem won't be spending 14m any time soon the EPL is a law unto itself with regards to money sloshing about.

We've won the net spend league how many times now? Even Bournemouth can somehow outspend us.

14m for one of the top scorers in the division below who is a 22 year old English centre forward is incredible value, if that's the price we're baulking at. In fact, it's more of an inexpensive punt. If it works out, his re-sell value would be incredible. If it doesn't, we'd likely be able to recoup most of the fee from someone else. It's an absolute no brainer.

It's only 'expensive' because of the absolute turd we've brought in in recent seasons.

We 'compete' in the most lucrative division in the entire world. While techincally you're correct that Zulte-Waregem won't be spending 14m any time soon the EPL is a law unto itself with regards to money sloshing about.

We've won the net spend league how many times now? Even Bournemouth can somehow outspend us.

14m for one of the top scorers in the division below who is a 22 year old English centre forward is incredible value, if that's the price we're baulking at. In fact, it's more of an inexpensive punt. If it works out, his re-sell value would be incredible. If it doesn't, we'd likely be able to recoup most of the fee from someone else. It's an absolute no brainer.

It's only 'expensive' because of the absolute turd we've brought in in recent seasons.

Exactly the kind of thinking that got us into the problem we’re in.

Forster wants another £20kpw? No problem.

Monaco want £19m for Carrillo? Here you go

Elyounoussi wants a contract we won’t be able to shift to anyone else in Europe? Bob’s your uncle.

Stephens looked okay in a defensive team for 4 months? Have £50k a week!

Exactly the kind of thinking that got us into the problem we’re in.

Forster wants another £20kpw? No problem.

Monaco want £19m for Carrillo? Here you go

Elyounoussi wants a contract we won’t be able to shift to anyone else in Europe? Bob’s your uncle.

Stephens looked okay in a defensive team for 4 months? Have £50k a week!

Weird how he was discussing transfer fees and you are discussing wages. Feels like apples and oranges to me as one comes with a negative incentive to how long they stay and the other arguably has a positive incentive as the money is already sunk. Also it was clearly addressed why Adams is a decent signing with being young, English, and a top scorer in the championship. None of that is remotely comparible to any of the people you listed. Two of which are contract extentions.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Just curious, what are the top transfer fees from the Championship?

Probably the ones from last summer. Maddison £20m, Gibson £15m and Shaquiri £13m

Interesting that we were linked with Gibson but possibly unwilling to pay the 15m. Hasnt done much at Burnley

Weird how he was discussing transfer fees and you are discussing wages. Feels like apples and oranges to me as one comes with a negative incentive to how long they stay and the other arguably has a positive incentive as the money is already sunk. Also it was clearly addressed why Adams is a decent signing with being young, English, and a top scorer in the championship. None of that is remotely comparible to any of the people you listed. Two of which are contract extentions.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I'm discussing money and one way or another we've p*ssed it away spending way over the odds on sub par players.

I'm discussing money and one way or another we've p*ssed it away spending way over the odds on sub par players.

But isn't that because we've been indecisive or failed with our top targets? We got Carillo after missing Promes we got Moi after missing Maddison.

Crabs point was go get your TOP targets. The 2nd, 3rd choice options clearly not working for us.

But isn't that because we've been indecisive or failed with our top targets? We got Carillo after missing Promes we got Moi after missing Maddison.

Crabs point was go get your TOP targets. The 2nd, 3rd choice options clearly not working for us.

We don't know which are our top targets, second choices and which are just agent talk in the media. According to the media we had a bid turned down for £25m for Promes, who was then sold for £17m six months later, so something is obviously not as it seems. Carrillo is a completely different player and just some bizarre attempt to appease a manager who should have been sacked.

Moi was a replacement for Tadic and as far as I am aware our first choice. We got Armstrong instead of Maddison.