Che Adams

TopGun

Hopeless is probably harsh on Harry, he has an ability as a motivator when on song, and can clearly set teams up when motivated. However, the record of clubs left in financial hock - Bournemouth, West Ham could see what was happening, Skates, QPR (Fernandes has deep pockets) and now Brum is not a coincidence.

I just wish he hadn’t come anywhere near SFC

Hopeless is probably harsh on Harry, he has an ability as a motivator when on song, and can clearly set teams up when motivated. However, the record of clubs left in financial hock - Bournemouth, West Ham could see what was happening, Skates, QPR (Fernandes has deep pockets) and now Brum is not a coincidence.

I just wish he hadn’t come anywhere near SFC

Perhaps this is an area where we should actually give Rupert some credit, in that he didn't give Harry a free reign to be let him loose with the cheque book.

Perhaps this is an area where we should actually give Rupert some credit, in that he didn't give Harry a free reign to be let him loose with the cheque book.

With good reason: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/southampton-mystified-by-163100000-that-went-missing-416213.html

A major South American club has admitted to The Independent that it received £100,000 from Southampton for a player who was actually available for nothing, in a transfer that has been reported to the Premier League's ongoing "bungs" inquiry as "suspicious".

The whereabouts of the money remains unclear, and disputed, but the cash was paid by Southampton for the hire of a Uruguayan player who ended up never playing a first-team game. The revelation comes three days before a television investigation into irregular payments in football by the Panorama programme.

Following our own extensive investigation, The Independent has established that Southampton paid £100,000 to the Montevideo-based club Peñarol in August last year for a 32-year-old midfielder, Marcelo Tejera. He was signed by the then manager, Harry Redknapp, who had steered the club towards Tejera's middlemen to negotiate the actual transaction.

• 2 months later...

That's probably half of what they're looking for! But it's wise to start low and work your way up, even though it's a bit "West Ham"! As long as we don't miss out on him for the sake of, say, a million, then if that article is true, it's a sensible, if slightly tight, stance.

It is the English market that is way overpriced, that is what is pathetic.

We are absolutely right to not pay over the odds, we have a limited budget so it is very good to start at that level.

If we expect to sign him it's a pathetic offer.

It is the English market that is way overpriced, that is what is pathetic.

We are absolutely right to not pay over the odds, we have a limited budget so it is very good to start at that level.

Irrelevant if the market is overpriced. Agree we like to do things o the cheap, but if we don’t pay the market rate we don’t get the quality. Simple as that. If he’s good enough to be playing for us in the premier league, he’s probably worth double that.

You have got to Larf! Pay too much for a player, and we as a club are stupid, offer a lower amount, and we as a club, are pathetic. Personally, if we could get him for 50p, then I’d say it’s a great deal, so the least we pay, the better the value, no?

You have got to Larf! Pay too much for a player, and we as a club are stupid, offer a lower amount, and we as a club, are pathetic. Personally, if we could get him for 50p, then I’d say it’s a great deal, so the least we pay, the better the value, no?

If other clubs are interested, as rumoured, and we go in with a mickey mouse offer we stand to lose the player. Business deals don't get over the line by insulting the other party, especially if someone else is prepared be more realistic. By all means chance your arm with an offer, but you can't take the p1ss.

That's probably half of what they're looking for! But it's wise to start low and work your way up, even though it's a bit "West Ham"! As long as we don't miss out on him for the sake of, say, a million, then if that article is true, it's a sensible, if slightly tight, stance.

Not sure about that. It is now in the public arena and other clubs can enter the bid process. I prefer the approach of "we will give you £15M but it is conditional that we have an exclusivity period while our offer is considered, and we want the offer to be accepted by Friday." :) Boom.

Not sure about that. It is now in the public arena and other clubs can enter the bid process. I prefer the approach of "we will give you £15M but it is conditional that we have an exclusivity period while our offer is considered, and we want the offer to be accepted by Friday." :) Boom.

FWIW, I rarely post and am not ITK re SFC. However, a bloke who works for me (not Saints fan) is friends with Adams' agent and an owner of another PL club. I was told last week (before anything broke in the media) that his move to us "almost complete". I guess lots can still happen, but the club owner said he will be a great buy for us.

If other clubs are interested, as rumoured, and we go in with a mickey mouse offer we stand to lose the player. Business deals don't get over the line by insulting the other party, especially if someone else is prepared be more realistic. By all means chance your arm with an offer, but you can't take the p1ss.

Just suppose the player and his Agent have decided he is coming to Saints in preference to other interested parties - would that not strengthen our hand in negotiations? Not tha we would tap anyone up, of course.

FWIW, I rarely post and am not ITK re SFC. However, a bloke who works for me (not Saints fan) is friends with Adams' agent and an owner of another PL club. I was told last week (before anything broke in the media) that his move to us "almost complete". I guess lots can still happen, but the club owner said he will be a great buy for us.

This post is bound to provoke a fair bit of derision but I will make it anyway because I might like to revisit it one day :). Just over 12 months ago Sam G was regularly keeping Che Adams out of the Birmingham starting line-up (under the 3 successive managers Birmingham had 17-18).

This post is bound to provoke a fair bit of derision but I will make it anyway because I might like to revisit it one day :). Just over 12 months ago Sam G was regularly keeping Che Adams out of the Birmingham starting line-up (under the 3 successive managers Birmingham had 17-18).

Do you really think that Gallagher could ever be a PL level player? I thought everyone had given up flogging that dead horse by now.

Just suppose the player and his Agent have decided he is coming to Saints in preference to other interested parties - would that not strengthen our hand in negotiations? Not tha we would tap anyone up, of course.

This sounds like what is happening to me, Adams has indicated his preference is Saints and now the club are trying to agree a fee with Brum. Sounds perfectly normal, but we'll end up paying more than we have currently offered.

If another club (say Levy’s spurs) offered a low initial bid - it would be smart negotiating. But when we [allegedly] do it’s “a joke” / “another indication of how far we have fallen” / #GAOOUT.

We have opened negotiations, we presume discussions are still ongoing. Let’s just wait and see what happens. He’s a young player who has had 1 good season at a level below the premier league. We will have a value in mind and shouldn’t go above it. That value will be higher than £8m. You don’t open with the highest you can go.

thanks for the info. i really hope you're right.

At last....some common sense.

If we don’t get this one over the line it will be no one else’s fault but the club’s

Very good prospect and not worth the risk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This sounds like what is happening to me, Adams has indicated his preference is Saints and now the club are trying to agree a fee with Brum. Sounds perfectly normal, but we'll end up paying more than we have currently offered.

Seems like it from what's been said above - if it happens, would imagine fee will end up closer to £15m, or a bit lower with a load of add-on's.

Just over 12 months before Luke Shaw was a first team regular for Poch, he was being kept out of the starting line up by Danny Fox.

If another club (say Levy’s spurs) offered a low initial bid - it would be smart negotiating. But when we [allegedly] do it’s “a joke” / “another indication of how far we have fallen” / #GAOOUT.

We have opened negotiations, we presume discussions are still ongoing. Let’s just wait and see what happens. He’s a young player who has had 1 good season at a level below the premier league. We will have a value in mind and shouldn’t go above it. That value will be higher than £8m. You don’t open with the highest you can go.

No, agreed. But you also don't start with a derisory offer that will p*** off the seller and indicate you're not serious!

This person seems to think so and is a big fan. I wonder who it could be...…

https://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/articles/is-sam-gallagher-destined-to-leave-southampton

It's Crispy Cooke, a long suffering Aston Villa fan, or so it says at the end of the article.

There's a few of us would have liked him to have been used more last season, but he wasn't, and he won't be next season (presumably) so only right we let him pursue his career elsewhere. 7 mins here and there isn't enough for him.

I was told a story by a friend who I think got it from a Saints director first hand. A Saints Chairman starting to negotiate for a player who the selling club valued at about £1m made the first offer, I'm not paying a penny more than £2m. I think he got his hand snapped off. I can't remember the details it was a long time ago. Better to start low. Maybe some of our for sale players such as Reed and Gallagher may be offered. Provided their transfer embargo is finished.

I was told a story by a friend who I think got it from a Saints director first hand. A Saints Chairman starting to negotiate for a player who the selling club valued at about £1m made the first offer, I'm not paying a penny more than £2m. I think he got his hand snapped off. I can't remember the details it was a long time ago. Better to start low. Maybe some of our for sale players such as Reed and Gallagher may be offered. Provided their transfer embargo is finished.

Sounds similar to Wayne Thomas, who Burnley we’re looking to sell for around £400k and we came in and offered £1.2m.

Sounds similar to Wayne Thomas, who Burnley we’re looking to sell for around £400k and we came in and offered £1.2m.

That rings a bell but I don't remember the details just the general idea.

Are they not still subject to a transfer ban, and have to regardless of the offer. Just asking?

Well Birmingham city have just lost another key forward player.

"Aston Villa have signed Spanish attacker Jota from city rivals Birmingham for an undisclosed fee. The 27 year old has signed a two year contract with the premier league newcomers. Villa midfielder Gary Gardner has completed a move in the opposite direction on a three year deal. "

Well Birmingham city have just lost another key forward player.

"Aston Villa have signed Spanish attacker Jota from city rivals Birmingham for an undisclosed fee. The 27 year old has signed a two year contract with the premier league newcomers. Villa midfielder Gary Gardner has completed a move in the opposite direction on a three year deal. "

No doubt Adams will leave Brum this summer and if we are serious about landing him as we appear to be, then he will end up here. There is competition for his signature though and Brum will hold out for as long as they can to push the price up as high as they can.

I reckon we will need to shell out £12m min to get him.

DM are a joke. Most of the negotiating was done in January. We know exactly what they want for him.
This is probably accurate, we will almost certainly know whats needed to get him.

Whether we actually get him is another question of course.