Che Adams

TopGun

I definitely think he brings more than Ings, who I really fear for his future here. Che is about 10-15% better in every facet of his play. There were times he could have made a bit of a quicker decision or a bit more composure, however when you have vvd around you all the time I won't blame him for any doubt or lack of composure. I think we won't see the best of Che until next year, but hopefully the player that emerges is good enough for what we need

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I thought he looked good and will be a handful for any defender. Should probably have scored his header but give him 6 months and reckon we could have a very good player on our hands.

I really like him. Very strong, and sure-footed on the ball. Seems to have good agility and balance, too. Will bully some of the weaker defenders in ways that none of our other options do, though VVD was keeping him at bay with ease yesterday. Give it some time and I think he'll flourish.

Really pleased we got him, personally. I like what he brings. Just needs to be a bit more clinical, but he needs time. If he was ready to hit the ground running, he would have been a £40m striker.

I definitely think he brings more than Ings, who I really fear for his future here. Che is about 10-15% better in every facet of his play. There were times he could have made a bit of a quicker decision or a bit more composure, however when you have vvd around you all the time I won't blame him for any doubt or lack of composure. I think we won't see the best of Che until next year, but hopefully the player that emerges is good enough for what we need

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

Ings is our best player, created SO many chances last season that we preceded to miss. Led in key passes per game by a mile. I think Adams was being hung out to dry by the pattern of play yesterday, he's doing far too much outside the box and as usual we're not getting enough players forward to support the striker(s) and give them a chance to do something without two players on them.

Ings is our best player, created SO many chances last season that we preceded to miss. Led in key passes per game by a mile. I think Adams was being hung out to dry by the pattern of play yesterday, he's doing far too much outside the box and as usual we're not getting enough players forward to support the striker(s) and give them a chance to do something without two players on them.

If you're referring to the stats, no he didn't. Out of our front creative three (JWP, Redmond, Ings), he was last.

• 2 years later...

He was magnificent from what I watched. Ran his socks off, held up play really well and scored a great goal.

Also pulled off a Le Tissier like piece of control under pressure from a huge punt which was sublime.

Edited by The Cat

Che is terrific. With him and Armstrong we have a legitimately good strike partnership forming, just needs a little more time to gel. Broja off the bench for when they are blowing due to the intense press, he can score a hatful too. 

• Like 1

Che is fast becoming a Scotland legend. I know there are people on here who think at best he is Championship level and only ever "scuffs" his goals, but for every goal he scores whether it be for us or Scotland, his value rises and that can only be good news for us. And he has the knack of hitting "Worldies" as well. Congrats Che!

Edited by Saint Keef
addition
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Che is fast becoming a Scotland legend. I know there are people on here who think at best he is Championship level and only ever "scuffs" his goals, but for every goal he scores whether it be for us or Scotland, his value rises and that can only be good news for us. And he has the knack of hitting "Worldies" as well. Congrats Che! No

His value will always be capped because no premier league sides other than a handful that are facing a relegation battle, would buy him. 

Other than Norwich, Watford and maybe Burnley and Brighton, he doesn’t get into another premier league side, imo. 

Great goal tonight though. Seems to be playing with confidence which can only be a good thing for us. 

• Like 1

Cracking finish for that goal tonight, looks like he's settled to life at international level. Nice to see two Saints lads linking up as well.

Definitely a bit of a golden period for Scotland, they should make the most of it after many decades in no mans land!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

His value will always be capped because no premier league sides other than a handful that are facing a relegation battle, would buy him. 

Other than Norwich, Watford and maybe Burnley and Brighton, he doesn’t get into another premier league side, imo. 

Great goal tonight though. Seems to be playing with confidence which can only be a good thing for us. 

I get what you're saying, but I reckon you could add Palace and Leeds in there. And actually, I wouldn't rule West Ham out, who only really have Antonio as an out and out striker and and as they progress through Europe they may well need more cover. Moyes likes hard workers! Haha....and of course, if Danny Ings doesn't work out at Villa maybe they would want a "swap" deal for Che (only joking before you all jump down my throat!) Danny + ££££ for Che would be hilarious. 

Anyone notice that Glasgow stopped posting on here the moment Che joined us?

Coincidence, I think not...

Seriously though, what a fantastic performance and Scotland now 2 games from a second finals tournament in a row after over 20 years without. 

Tonight was crucial because now Scotland avoid Italy, Portugal and Russia and be at home in the semis.

Edited by OttawaSaint

47 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

I get what you're saying, but I reckon you could add Palace and Leeds in there. And actually, I wouldn't rule West Ham out, who only really have Antonio as an out and out striker and and as they progress through Europe they may well need more cover. Moyes likes hard workers! Haha....and of course, if Danny Ings doesn't work out at Villa maybe they would want a "swap" deal for Che (only joking before you all jump down my throat!) Danny + ££££ for Che would be hilarious. 

No thank you for Danny, we had his best years and they are over, we are on a new page now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dellman said:

No thank you for Danny, we had his best years and they are over, we are on a new page now.

Absolutely agree.....I was saying it would be hilarious if they offered that......I'm not saying we would accept......nor should we. Thanks, but no thanks!

8 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Personally, I think Eduoard and Antonio are streets ahead of him and bamford, as a striker is also better. 

That being said, he probably would interest a lot of clubs as a back up, but again, his value will always be capped and I don’t think we’d get a great deal more than we paid (wasn’t it in the region of 10m?) 

He seems like a decent enough bloke, so a decent lad to have around the squad, however for me we should be starting with Armstrong and Broja. Broja is a top, top player. 

1 hour ago, Dman said:

Personally, I think Eduoard and Antonio are streets ahead of him and bamford, as a striker is also better. 

That being said, he probably would interest a lot of clubs as a back up, but again, his value will always be capped and I don’t think we’d get a great deal more than we paid (wasn’t it in the region of 10m?) 

He seems like a decent enough bloke, so a decent lad to have around the squad, however for me we should be starting with Armstrong and Broja. Broja is a top, top player. 

But; he has an attitude problem, turns up late, and doesn't like hard work.  On top of that, he's on loan.  Although we have to look at whats best right now, we have to balance it with what is best for the club in the future.  I have no problem with that, and the competition can only be a good thing.

I disagree with you that Adams value is capped. It is as of his current quality, but he's already improved a lot since we bought him.  If he can become a better finisher (like last night, proper goalscorers finish) he could easily be an option for clubs further up the league.  The biggest frustration for me, is he snatches at chances, and has always just hit it hard rather than placing the ball in the corner.  But that finish last night was exactly that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

Che is better than Eduoard for me. He's stronger, dribbles better, is smarter and passes better. Edouard has better finishing but thats about it. To be honest I'd put Che on par with the likes of Watkins and Bamford. He's absolutely quality at what he does. He also is much better at getting a tune out of Ings than any Villa player atm.

Regarding our strikeforce. Che is a better player and better partner for Armstrong and will be starting up there for the foreseeable I should imagine.

9 hours ago, Dellman said:

Yeah we don't need an injury prone crocked striker. We have so much promise in our front line, we need to develop Adam Armstrong for that Ings role, with his raw pace and two footedness he's going to be a star.

11 hours ago, Dman said:

Don't be too sure about that!

I really think that this could be Che's breakthrough in the PL and he could have a JRod circa 2013/14 type season as regards to goals. He is clearly a confidence player and it must be sky high at this present time. He is certainly a top finisher when he is on it.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Che is better than Eduoard for me. He's stronger, dribbles better, is smarter and passes better. Edouard has better finishing but thats about it. To be honest I'd put Che on par with the likes of Watkins and Bamford. He's absolutely quality at what he does. He also is much better at getting a tune out of Ings than any Villa player atm.

Regarding our strikeforce. Che is a better player and better partner for Armstrong and will be starting up there for the foreseeable I should imagine.

There’s a reason he chose to play for Scotland, pal. 

Both of those are much better finishers than Che. Che is fortunate in that we play with 2 strikers, so he can get away without scoring. He doesn’t get in as a sole striker for any team and he simply doesn’t score enough goals. 

Id put him in the same bracket as an Ashley Barnes. 

Che clearly isn’t a better player than Borja. That’s absolutely laughable and you’re talking absolutely biased (as usual) nonsense. 

You have an issue with Borja because he’s not our player. You even claimed he had less potential than Armstrong and Adams, which again, is clearly complete and utter nonsense. 

I think it depends on how you define “better player”. Personally I think Adams is the better all round player, but Broja is a better finisher for sure. Adams gets more out of the players around him too.

Adams has shown himself to be a pretty streaky striker, so hopefully he can go into the next few months and grab a few. If he can get 12-15 this season, I think that’s a decent return given his positive impact on the rest of the team. 

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

Both of those are much better finishers than Che. Che is fortunate in that we play with 2 strikers, so he can get away without scoring. He doesn’t get in as a sole striker for any team and he simply doesn’t score enough goals. 

Che clearly isn’t a better player than Borja. That’s absolutely laughable and you’re talking absolutely biased (as usual) nonsense. 

You have an issue with Borja because he’s not our player. You even claimed he had less potential than Armstrong and Adams, which again, is clearly complete and utter nonsense. 

Thought the point was if he carries on scoring his value will go up? In other words, if he improves he'll be a better player.

And his value would go up regardless of who other teams have up front. Especially if he starts out scoring other team's strikers then in all likeliness they'd want him (whether they'd get bid for him or get him is a separate matter).

34 minutes ago, Dman said:

He plays for Scotland as he is eligible to do so and realises he won't get past Kane, DCL, Rashford and in the future Abraham. That doesn't make him worse than Bamford or Watkins who themselves don't make the squad beyond a couple of token cameos for friendlies.

They finish better than Che, but they don't create nearly as much or has as much ability to link and stretch play. There is more to a strikers role than putting the ball in the net, especially in a pair.

If you'd put him in the same bracket as Barnes I'd put you in the same bracket as a nutter, or a troll. Barnes doesn't even start for a relegation threatened Burnley. Maybe in the same bracket as Wood would be fairer but even then is a fair undersell. 

Che is easily better than Broja, he creates an absolute tonne more. Broja is a decent finisher but there isn't any other aspect of his game where he comes close to Adams.

He does have less potential than Adams and Armstrong, he's a good finisher but that's about it. He has a bit of overhype from a couple of good games and scoring a couple of goals but he hasn't at all proven to be better long term than Armstrong or Adams yet. You keep saying he's amazing as if it is fact. 

Edited by TWar
  • Like 2

Watkins is no better a finisher than Adams, he just gets a hell of a lot more chances. It’s why Watkins got shifted out wide as soon as Ings arrived, because Ings is a far superior striker to him. Wonder if Che’s eventual move one day would be up to Celtic, he seems to be becoming very popular in Scotland. Really pleased for him.

41 minutes ago, Dman said:

Irony not lost on you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Watkins is no better a finisher than Adams, he just gets a hell of a lot more chances. It’s why Watkins got shifted out wide as soon as Ings arrived, because Ings is a far superior striker to him. Wonder if Che’s eventual move one day would be up to Celtic, he seems to be becoming very popular in Scotland. Really pleased for him.

Maybe if he's near the end of his career. Che is already too good for Celtic imo. He starts for us and we are well established to be higher in the pecking order than them when it comes to player signings, it's why we dumped our struggling bench choices (Elyounoussi/Forster) to start for them, and they sell their best (VvD/Wanyama/Forster) to play for us.

4 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

I think Watkins is vastly overrated. I honestly believe near enough anyone in the league would get a bunch of goals playing up top in a team with Jack Grealish.

16 hours ago, manji said:

Che scores again for Scotland. Commentators purring about his performance. Then he scores a magnificent goal.

The move leading up to Che's goal was scintillating, crowned by a super shot from Che who had to be very quick to run onto SA's pass before the defender got to it. The whole team excelled themselves. You could say the manager made an inspired substitution with SA coming on. I now live inScotland and the game had added meaning for me.

• Like 1