Che Adams

TopGun

Birmingham Mail is reporting that the bid has been rejected but that it's believed to be our opening offer and another bid(s) will follow.

For context, here's what Garry Monk is saying...

“I am not concerned at all. The only time I ever need to concern myself with that is if the club come to you and say ‘We have got this’.

“Until that point there is no need for me to even think about it.

“We don’t want to sell any of our players, the owners are on board with that, we don’t want to sell any of our players.

“I am not naive to think if ridiculous offers come in, that happens with every club in the world, if a ridiculous offer comes in and the owners are asking you to consider that - then you consider it.

“But the owners are on the same page as me, we don’t want to sell anyone, we don’t need to sell anyone. It’s a case of not having to worry about that until if we ever have to deal with that.

“It’s speculation and I have not even given it a second thought if I am honest.”

If Adam Leitch confims we want him then we clearly do. Hope now that is known that we manage to get it done, as there will be interest from others.

To sign Adams and get a fee for Austin would make it a very productive window IMO.

Additionally, Birmingham aren't allowed to sign any more players this season due to their transfer/finance situation.

So, if they sold Adams, they presumably couldn't replace him under any circumstances.

Seems pretty unlikely we will pull this one off then, unless we offer really silly money.

Interesting comparing him to Gallagher at Birmingham 2017-2018 in the same season about the same number of league appearance and about the same number of league goals ( Gallagher had 3 more league appearances and one more goal that season than Che).

This guy is more of a wide man Redmond type than an out and out striker though?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Interesting comparing him to Gallagher at Birmingham 2017-2018 in the same season about the same number of league appearance and about the same number of league goals ( Gallagher had 3 more league appearances and one more goal that season than Che).

This guy is more of a wide man Redmond type than an out and out striker though?

Has played wide before but (I think) he's played up top in a 2 with ex-Saint Lukas Jutkiewicz this season.

And according to the above, they are not even allowed to replace him this window! So yes, seems unlikely.

They will most certainly not want to lose him if they can't replace him.

I would assume it would help them in the long term to get £10m in the bank in-order to get the embargo lifted.

We are probably going to lose out to Spurs....not completely inconceivable.

A modern day "Andy Reid" gazumping?

We managed to sell our best player before the transfer window had even opened and failed to replace him last January so anything is possible.

Not entirely true as far as I recall. I believe we pre-replaced him with the next Dutch wonder defender the previous summer. Not saying it worked out especially well, but I'm pretty sure that was the theory ...

Back to Adams. Anyone understand ffp properly? In the sense that if they sell him this window does the 8 million (or however much) help them, or does it just disappear into an accounting void, whereas waiting until the next 'season' means the money they get suddenly is available for them to re-invest?

Genuinely got no idea, just wondering if it provides a technical accounting reason for choosing when to sell. Logic would dictate if they're in ffp trouble they're broke, so any money at any point would be useful, so thought there might be some reason for monks comments (other than just trying to bump up the price of course).

Not entirely true as far as I recall. I believe we pre-replaced him with the next Dutch wonder defender the previous summer. Not saying it worked out especially well, but I'm pretty sure that was the theory ...

Back to Adams. Anyone understand ffp properly? In the sense that if they sell him this window does the 8 million (or however much) help them, or does it just disappear into an accounting void, whereas waiting until the next 'season' means the money they get suddenly is available for them to re-invest?

Genuinely got no idea, just wondering if it provides a technical accounting reason for choosing when to sell. Logic would dictate if they're in ffp trouble they're broke, so any money at any point would be useful, so thought there might be some reason for monks comments (other than just trying to bump up the price of course).

Hoedt was the long awaited replacement for fonte

Birmingham broke? is that anyuthing to do with 'Arry' buying eleven players and then getting the sack?

They have a transfer ban due to breaching FFP (and signing a player this summer when they knew they had no cash). Not 100% sure, but don’t think the Adams money would be enough to bring them into compliance (‘Arry really did a number on them). Even if it did, zero chance of the EFL agreeing to rescind their ban.

So if we buy him him in jan, they go without for the rest of season (and possibly next season if they don’t get the ban lifted)

Neil Moxley at the Daily Mirror posted this update at 13:36...

I understand the fee for Che Adams will be north of £15m. Southampton are the main interested party.

They are offloading Charlie Austin, too. Burnley have been scouting Adams but my information is that Austin is leaving on a permanent deal for around £8m.

Could Turf Moor be a potential destination for the Saints striker? He fits the type of profile that Shaun Dyche likes and the Clarets are in the market for a forward.

The fee for Adams will be the highest received for a player at St Andrew’s. But that will be of little consolation to Blues boss Garry Monk who is still operating under a transfer embargo because of FFP issues.

However, Birmingham broke the rules to such an extent that this may leave little wriggle-room before the transfer window closes.

It will depend on the conversations they are currently having with the Football League. The club is still operating under the threat of a transfer embargo.

Garry Monk doesn’t want to sell Adams because where will he find a replacement at this late stage? But with a fee of that size the club will have little option but to cash in.

Neil Moxley at the Daily Mirror posted this update at 13:36...

I understand the fee for Che Adams will be north of £15m. Southampton are the main interested party.

They are offloading Charlie Austin, too. Burnley have been scouting Adams but my information is that Austin is leaving on a permanent deal for around £8m.

Could Turf Moor be a potential destination for the Saints striker? He fits the type of profile that Shaun Dyche likes and the Clarets are in the market for a forward.

The fee for Adams will be the highest received for a player at St Andrew’s. But that will be of little consolation to Blues boss Garry Monk who is still operating under a transfer embargo because of FFP issues.

However, Birmingham broke the rules to such an extent that this may leave little wriggle-room before the transfer window closes.

It will depend on the conversations they are currently having with the Football League. The club is still operating under the threat of a transfer embargo.

Garry Monk doesn’t want to sell Adams because where will he find a replacement at this late stage? But with a fee of that size the club will have little option but to cash in.

Sounds like a load of bull to me but let's wait and see. £8m permanent deal for Austin?!!! Not a chance that bit is true for a start.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Every player is for sale to the club who comes up with the right amount of spondoolies, as we well know.
Yes but do we want to be offering a stupid amount for a player who has been decent at championship level. £8 million seems fair similar to what we paid for Armstrong. More than that we might as well utilize Gallagher whose goal scoring exploits where pretty much identical to Che's last season in the same team.

Yes but do we want to be offering a stupid amount for a player who has been decent at championship level. £8 million seems fair similar to what we paid for Armstrong. More than that we might as well utilize Gallagher whose goal scoring exploits where pretty much identical to Che's last season in the same team.

Different types of player from what I have seen. Throw a bit of cash and Gallagher at them, make them see some sense.

£8m seems low these days for a player of high potential who is one of the top scorers in the Championship.

Its the same as we paid for Jay Rod about 5 years ago and the fees have gone mad since then.

Re the Gallagher point, that is näive. Its about more than what his goal tally last year was - its the specific attributes the player brings. If Gallagher had them then he would be playing in the first XI.

Different types of player from what I have seen. Throw a bit of cash and Gallagher at them, make them see some sense.
With a transfer ban I assume they wouldn't be able to sign Gallagher. I doubt there is any chance of prizing Che away from Birmingham short of paying way over the odds for him which doesn't really make sense to do.

Doesn't feel like this signing fits the 'Southamption Way'. Yes, bags of experience with Liverpool and Stoke which could be useful, but doesn't fit the mould for me. Think he is past it.

you know this is Che Adams and not Charlie Adams right? One is a 22 year old young striker playing for Birmingham, the other is a journeyman footballer playing for Stoke.

Is this just another bid for a player that is not for sale. The management then claim they were trying to do something. I know it's cynical but how many times have we seen it in previous windows slam shut with no decent incomings.