Che Adams

TopGun

I would guess that it was a loan because the deal was done at the very end of the transfer window and it would have been quicker to set up a loan than a full transfer with only minutes left before the window slammed shut.

Appreciate the inclusion of the superfluous 'slammed'

Ultimately there is a reason why its Saints, Burnley and Palace after him and not the likes of Everton, Leicester etc.

He has good physical attributes though and that can add a lot.

I don't see Adams as a guarenteed starter. He isn't going to be displacing Redmond (if considered a forward) or Ings as an immediate first choice.

Having some good subs will make a big difference for us this season I think.

Ultimately there is a reason why its Saints, Burnley and Palace after him and not the likes of Everton, Leicester etc.

He has good physical attributes though and that can add a lot.

I don't see Adams as a guarenteed starter. He isn't going to be displacing Redmond (if considered a forward) or Ings as an immediate first choice.

Having some good subs will make a big difference for us this season I think.

In theory, he replaces Austin & Sam G in the squad.

Incredible to right off a season before we’ve even bid an acceptable offer for a striker who scored 20 goals last year. Our fans are something else :lol:

I'm not writing him off, i'm just saying that absolutely nothing about him from his stats to the clips i've seen suggests he is a Premier League quality player. His shots on goal are all scuffed, rough ones that look like the keeper is falling over them, or defenders passing the ball straight to him, or tap ins. He won't get defending or goalkeeping that poor from Premier League sides (bar once or twice a season).

I've also seen people talk about his pace - again, seen no evidence of that. Doesn't seem any faster than anyone we've got, and certainly slower than Ings, Redmond and Long.

Personally I don't see anything that makes me think he's an improvement in the squad on Gallagher or Obafemi. If the choices were Adams or no-one, i'd rather we went into next season with Ings, Long, Redmond, Obafemi and Gallagher as our options up top.

I still don't believe for a second that there isn't a better option in the lower leagues or abroad that we could get for £10-15million. I'd actually rather we use that money to pay a loan fee for a much better quality player, there must be someone out there at one of the top clubs who won't be getting game time next season?

His shots on goal are all scuffed?

This incredibly false point undermines your argument completely, those are not scuffed finishes, he regularly finds the bottom corner with good finishes from what I saw. You don't need to smash the ball in, its about placement, but to call those finishes 'scuffed' is just false.

People need to wake up on Gallagher - imagine the scenes on here if we were trying to sign him rather than just keep him around the squad. We wouldn't want to sign him so lets call time on him at least shall we

Quite. To put things into perspective, despite Fitzhugh Fella obsession with championing Gallaghers cause Che Adams scored more goals last season than Gallagher has in his entire career. Also despite his claims that Gallagher kept Adams out of the side when they were both at Birmingham Adams scored more goals than Gallagher that season too (9 in all competitions v Gallaghers 7, from one less game) If neither player played for us I know which one i'd want to sign.

In Ralph we trust. It’s called development isn’t it?

Absolutely.

As a club we buy the £10-15m and hope that it works out and he becomes a £30-40m player, rather than going out and buying the ready made £30-40m player. Of course this is a risk, but the rewards are greater when it works out. Problem recently is that it hasn't been working out. Just imagine, we could have done a Crystal Palace and paid £30m for Christian Benteke and £28m for Sakho.

This incredibly false point undermines your argument completely, those are not scuffed finishes, he regularly finds the bottom corner with good finishes from what I saw. You don't need to smash the ball in, its about placement, but to call those finishes 'scuffed' is just false.

to add, I believe he had a very high goals to shots (or chances) ratio.

I seem to recall Redmond was similarly considered by many on here when we signed him. I always wonder, if people are such good talent spotters as they seem to be on this forum, why they don't actually do it for a living? I would have thought it would be quite fun.

People need to wake up on Gallagher - imagine the scenes on here if we were trying to sign him rather than just keep him around the squad. We wouldn't want to sign him so lets call time on him at least shall we

This. Not forgetting the ridiculous wage he is on for having achieved absolutely nothing.

Should have been sold years ago.

Better keepers would have kept those shots out, that's my point.

And better keepers, like you, would have thought, 'Ah, he just scuffs it, it'll go wide' and he scores. What if Ralph could teach him to not scuff his shots? he is already able to get it on target.

Sorry, I know that it is a bit difficult but we need to get raw talent in a hone it, we can't afford the finished article and he must have come on someone's radar to have been scouted in the first place.

I don't doubt there might be better and cheaper in the lower leagues but it is finding this talent. I think our recruitment will start looking to these areas too.

I say give him a go.

I'm not writing him off, i'm just saying that absolutely nothing about him from his stats to the clips i've seen suggests he is a Premier League quality player. His shots on goal are all scuffed, rough ones that look like the keeper is falling over them, or defenders passing the ball straight to him, or tap ins. He won't get defending or goalkeeping that poor from Premier League sides (bar once or twice a season).

I've also seen people talk about his pace - again, seen no evidence of that. Doesn't seem any faster than anyone we've got, and certainly slower than Ings, Redmond and Long.

Personally I don't see anything that makes me think he's an improvement in the squad on Gallagher or Obafemi. If the choices were Adams or no-one, i'd rather we went into next season with Ings, Long, Redmond, Obafemi and Gallagher as our options up top.

I still don't believe for a second that there isn't a better option in the lower leagues or abroad that we could get for £10-15million. I'd actually rather we use that money to pay a loan fee for a much better quality player, there must be someone out there at one of the top clubs who won't be getting game time next season?

You don’t half come out with some nonsense.

to add, I believe he had a very high goals to shots (or chances) ratio.

81 shots apparently, so yeh a goal every 3.7 shots, which I think is pretty good.

According to this site - https://www.beinsports.com/au/efl-championship/statistics, he was 10th for shots taken in the championship last year.

Compared to the other top scorers in the Championship -

Maupay - 4.3 shots per goal

Abraham - 3.6 shots per goal

Pukki - 3.5 shots per goal

Jay Rod - 4.2 shots per goal.

So seems to compare well there for a 'scuffer'

He also had the highest percentage of shots on target of any player who scored over 10 goals last year at 69%.

Plus everyone bar Maupay, who scored more goals than him, were all from much better top 6 sides, not a team that finished 17th.

So you have a guy who is 22, scores goals in a struggling team, get his shots on target and converts a decent amount of his chances, plus is quick and strong.

Yeh no idea why any PL club is looking at him.....................

Edited by tajjuk

Bunch of idiots on here writing him off before he has even kicked a ball for us.... Our fans are a bunch of wet tarts sometimes.

Yeah much better to wan k over pretty much every player we get linked with and hen slag them off after a few games.. even elyounoussi and vestergaard were made out to be world beaters when we weren't signing them. No ones really writing off Adams's but having an opinions fine. I agree personally his shots in the video look scuffed and scruffy finishes.. but I'm also very excited by his pace and power so can see both sides myself.. augustin would have been my preference .

Bunch of idiots on here writing him off before he has even kicked a ball for us.... Our fans are a bunch of wet tarts sometimes.

As I said, not writing him off and will support him. Just can't get excited over this signing from the evidence available.

Would you rather have Austin, Gallagher or sims? Probably yes, so stupid question .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly don't see much difference between Gallagher and Adams, and Sims is a different player but yes i'd rather have him. Sims has been dangerous every time he's played and the majority of that has been in a limited and underperforming defensive side.

Honestly don't see much difference between Gallagher and Adams, and Sims is a different player but yes i'd rather have him. Sims has been dangerous every time he's played and the majority of that has been in a limited and underperforming defensive side.

Bloody hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sims is a different player but yes i'd rather have him. Sims has been dangerous every time he's played and the majority of that has been in a limited and underperforming defensive side.

While I agree wholeheartedly with this, successive managers just don't seem to have rated him. They're clearly seeing something I'm missing, and they know what they're doing with a football side while I don't, but to me we always look more dangerous the moment he comes on. I've wondered every time I've watched him why he isn't a regular starter.

Doubts over Monk's Birmingham future.... :suspicious:

DOUBTS OVER MONK'S BLUES FUTURE

The relationship between Garry Monk and his bosses at Birmingham City is becoming increasingly strained, SSN has been told, and there is a real possibility of him leaving St Andrews before the start of next season.

Monk was opposed to the deal struck with local rivals Aston Villa that saw Jota leave and Gary Gardner move in the opposite direction, but the swap was sanctioned by the club’s hierarchy anyway.

And Monk also has concerns that his transfer pot and wages budget will not allow Birmingham to compete in the Championship next season.

Birmingham’s manager is now at odds with Xuandong Ren- the Birmingham Director who effectively runs the club.

While I agree wholeheartedly with this, successive managers just don't seem to have rated him. They're clearly seeing something I'm missing, and they know what they're doing with a football side while I don't, but to me we always look more dangerous the moment he comes on. I've wondered every time I've watched him why he isn't a regular starter.

In his appearances last season he generally looked decent when on the pitch. The problem I think is that as a team we looked lightweight in midfield when he was on the pitch and conceded a fair few goals. Watford and Newcastle away we just looked hopelessly overrun, which I'm not saying was 100% his fault but it wasn't a coincidence either.

Ralph won't like that. He wants players to be ready to go when they get back to training' date=' not working the fat off first. I can't see these deals happening now... :D[/quote']

I think it was one of those vegan ice creams, made entirely of grass tears and laughter.

Che Adams poised for Southampton move: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/18/che-adams-poised-southampton-move-club-considers-another-bid/

Sam Wallace saying we're set to pay £14m for Adams, who favours a move to St. Mary's over Turf Moor.

I knew it was going to be a good post when I saw Saint-Armstrong’s name :)

Not surprising detail, but Re: Ross & Ralph:

The pair are running all transfer business this summer in the aftermath of the departure of Les Reed. There are expected to be up to six high profile departures as the club make space in their squad and their wage bill.
Edited by SuperSAINT

I knew it was going to be a good post when I saw Saint-Armstrong’s name :)

Not surprising detail, but Re: Ross & Ralph:

good. but six high profile departures I hope means the deadwood but guess it might include Bertrand and McCarthy?

Hopefully this is confirmed soon, I think £14 million for a promising young English player from the Championship is decent value in the current market. Considering Maddison was what £25 million last year and James just cost Utd £17 million.