Che Adams

TopGun

I definitely think he brings more than Ings, who I really fear for his future here. Che is about 10-15% better in every facet of his play. There were times he could have made a bit of a quicker decision or a bit more composure, however when you have vvd around you all the time I won't blame him for any doubt or lack of composure. I think we won't see the best of Che until next year, but hopefully the player that emerges is good enough for what we need

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I thought he looked good and will be a handful for any defender. Should probably have scored his header but give him 6 months and reckon we could have a very good player on our hands.

I really like him. Very strong, and sure-footed on the ball. Seems to have good agility and balance, too. Will bully some of the weaker defenders in ways that none of our other options do, though VVD was keeping him at bay with ease yesterday. Give it some time and I think he'll flourish.

Really pleased we got him, personally. I like what he brings. Just needs to be a bit more clinical, but he needs time. If he was ready to hit the ground running, he would have been a £40m striker.

I definitely think he brings more than Ings, who I really fear for his future here. Che is about 10-15% better in every facet of his play. There were times he could have made a bit of a quicker decision or a bit more composure, however when you have vvd around you all the time I won't blame him for any doubt or lack of composure. I think we won't see the best of Che until next year, but hopefully the player that emerges is good enough for what we need

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

Ings is our best player, created SO many chances last season that we preceded to miss. Led in key passes per game by a mile. I think Adams was being hung out to dry by the pattern of play yesterday, he's doing far too much outside the box and as usual we're not getting enough players forward to support the striker(s) and give them a chance to do something without two players on them.

Ings is our best player, created SO many chances last season that we preceded to miss. Led in key passes per game by a mile. I think Adams was being hung out to dry by the pattern of play yesterday, he's doing far too much outside the box and as usual we're not getting enough players forward to support the striker(s) and give them a chance to do something without two players on them.

If you're referring to the stats, no he didn't. Out of our front creative three (JWP, Redmond, Ings), he was last.

• 3 years later...
On 29/06/2019 at 09:04, verlaine1979 said:

Doesn't look to be the cleanest striker of a ball, so I hope his other attributes compensate for the technical shortcomings.

On 29/06/2019 at 09:35, Ekelund said:

Haha brilliant, technical shortcomings ffs...

On 29/06/2019 at 10:26, verlaine1979 said:

Eh, maybe it's just a coincidence, but the number of scuffed/bobbling goals last season does suggest that he doesn't strike the ball particularly well. It's not always a big impediment to a successful striker (Inzaghi never seemed to make a great connection and it never did him any harm) and of course, his first touch and passing could be exquisite, as all I've seen are the goals.

Prophets always face persecution ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Quality Guardian journalism

"Supporters hoped the 30-year-old Orsic would help ease the scoring burden on Che Adams, one of few players to impress this season"

Now i certainly don't think Che is a terrible player but nor would i ever say he's impressed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/feb/12/nathan-jones-must-not-take-all-the-blame-for-southampton-calamity

• 2 weeks later...

He was good yesterday. He is so good at holding it up and bringing others into the game. When he’s got quicker mobile players off him he is at his best. The touch and pass for the goal yesterday was very good. 

• Like 2