Che Adams

TopGun

Good value at that price and Saints still seem to be most comfortable operating in the 12m - 15m bracket.

That would be £6-9m in old terms. What would Shane Long go for if we had bought him today?

Edited by shurlock

The statement... to save a click.

The Board of Directors believe this to be in the long term interests of the Club.

We thank Garry for his efforts and we wish him the best for the future.

Pep Clotet has been appointed caretaker Head Coach and the remainder of the coaching and backroom staff – including Sean Rush, Darryl Flahavan, Ryan Needs and James Beattie - stay in place.

Pep takes charge of team affairs with immediate effect.

The Board of Directors are hopeful that over time the team can adopt a fresh and modern footballing philosophy, whilst maintaining the Club’s core values.

It is our intention to drive the Club forward and challenge for promotion.

As part of an overall review of Club operations, we will also seek to enhance our recruitment and scouting strategy.

We have faced significant challenges in relation to Profitability and Sustainability regulations and whilst we will improve our squad and be competitive in the market – the Club’s owners are committed to continued investment - we will do so sensibly and effectively.

The Club has a pool of talented players and those emerging via the Academy and Under-23s will be embraced, even more so than before. We are certain these young players – as those in our first team already - will be hungry to succeed as we begin a new chapter.

In addition to our excellent Academy, Birmingham City Women and our Regional Talent Club are also thriving.

The Board of Directors feel that it is vitally important for everybody at the Club to be sharing the same vision and commitment to the plans and processes.

Birmingham City FC

Yeah, I believe Monk wouldn't agree to a sale of the player Adams in view of uncertainty over who, if anyone, they could bring in to replace him. This is likely the Club overruling him "in the long term interest of the Club" and they have agreed to end his time at the Club.

Re the replacement - how soon can we get the headline "Pep takes over at Birmingham" up and out there? :)

We should try and make a move to bring Beattie home too. He's coincidentally been at Leeds and Birmingham when Chris Wood and Che Adams have had the best scoring season's of their careers.

Perhaps we could get Darryl Flahavan as well to replace Watson. Southampton lad (we could ignore his short spell with the Skates).

Perhaps we could get Darryl Flahavan as well to replace Watson. Southampton lad (we could ignore his short spell with the Skates).

I dunno, he's a bit moody. Always seemed really grumpy when coaching my son, although that might be because he was coaching my son.

£14m for a young, up and coming top goal scorer from a Championship side? Sounds like good business. Let's hope Ralph can get the best out of him.

Looks like the City supporters are not happy with their Chinese owners AT ALL right now.

Hmmmm. I wonder what this means for any deal for Adams? Or maybe it's as a result of an imminent deal for him??

Monk didn't want Jota sold, but that happened anyway. I doubt him leaving would put a spanner in the works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fans-saying-same-thing-birmingham-16447690.amp

They sound pretty ****ed off about the fee. But they need to realise they're in financial trouble and, as supporters of a team that has also been in financial trouble in the last ten or so years, we know what it's like to have your jewels sold on the cheap. If 14 million is classed as cheap these days!

I think it would be a decent signing. I have echoes of JRod in my head when we signed him from Burnley and he certainly made the step up.

Signing a player that was kept out of the team by Sammy G.

In ralphampton we trust :p

I think the tactics of the side at the time aided that slightly. No doubt that this season he surpassed what Sammy G did previously though.

Signing a player that was kept out of the team by Sammy G.

In ralphampton we trust :p

Football isn't as black and white as that.

For example, Josh Sims struggled to get into the Reading team but was excellent and a game changer vs Spurs in his first game under Hassenhuttl.

Different managers; different teams; different circumstances

What did he score last season - 22 goals.

We currently have 3 players who scored 20+ in the Championship in a season.

Long - 21 in 2010/11

Austin - 24 in 2012/13

Ings - 23 in 2013/14

The latter two, when fit, were capable of 15 league goals in a season. I'm not aware of Adams having any injury concerns.

He could be the next Lambert or the next Vydra, I guess we will (probably) find out in 11 months.

What did he score last season - 22 goals.

We currently have 3 players who scored 20+ in the Championship in a season.

Long - 21 in 2010/11

Austin - 24 in 2012/13

Ings - 23 in 2013/14

This coupled with the fact that most of his goals required very little skill on his part is what makes me think this signing is a mistake. People go on about his pace but I don't even see any evidence of that, doesn't seem to be any quicker than Austin.

Has anyone actually watched the below:

He looks quick, strong, and he hits the ball early - which is such a talent to have as a striker as keepers and defenders are off balance.

What's not to like?

2 observations .

A lot of them were in away games, so hopefully suit our pressing/counter attacking style.

A lot were "opportunist" goals. Some see that as lucky or lacking in skill. I see that as someone with an eye for what's happening and reads the game and anticipates well. Knows where the ball is going, knows where the goal is.

1 question. For a lot of them the keeper seemed to go down slowly to low/ground shots. Are they just crap keepers in that league or is he beating them with unexpected power and/or disguised direction?

Has anyone actually watched the below:

He looks quick, strong, and he hits the ball early - which is such a talent to have as a striker as keepers and defenders are off balance.

What's not to like?

But what about all the scuffed finishes?