Che Adams

TopGun

2 observations .

A lot of them were in away games, so hopefully suit our pressing/counter attacking style.

A lot were "opportunist" goals. Some see that as lucky or lacking in skill. I see that as someone with an eye for what's happening and reads the game and anticipates well. Knows where the ball is going, knows where the goal is.

1 question. For a lot of them the keeper seemed to go down slowly to low/ground shots. Are they just crap keepers in that league or is he beating them with unexpected power and/or disguised direction?

He's hitting the ball early, they are not set well - the point I was making.

Hmmm a lot of really awful defending and goalkeeping in that video. Not sure half of those would make it through the keeper as much in the premier league.

Let me get this right, we are moaning because he takes a shot? As the old saying goes "Gotta buy a lottery ticket to win the lottery"

I'd rather have a striker willing to shoot now and then, than someone more interested in the perfect goal.

This coupled with the fact that most of his goals required very little skill on his part is what makes me think this signing is a mistake. People go on about his pace but I don't even see any evidence of that, doesn't seem to be any quicker than Austin.

What do you mean, "this"? It has absolutely nothing do do with Adams.

"This," isn't anything, other than proof that Shane Long failed to make the same impression in the Premier League. Austin and Ings were both capable of 15 in this league without their fitness issues.

Hmmm a lot of really awful defending and goalkeeping in that video. Not sure half of those would make it through the keeper as much in the premier league.

There is a lot of **** defending and goalkeeping in this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQtZdiM2iA&

The majority of goals have a **** up somewhere in them from the defending team!

What on earth is this thread about. We're ripping apart his goals because they weren't very good?

He was there to score them though? Would you rather it was a video of him missing chances?

Sometimes people on here confuse the hell out of me.

Our fans are a bunch of idiots.... 22 years old plenty of potential I hope we get this one over the line ASAP!

Yup me too - seems to be a natural goalscorer, if you watch Harry Kane, his best asset is that he puts the ball in position to have a shot as early as possible and takes it early, thats a talent and shouldn't be sniffed at.

He's hitting the ball early, they are not set well - the point I was making.
Having just watched them all again I agree with you, rarely needs a second touch, gets it, hits it.

Also I'd say his body shaping for 4 or 5 of the goals scored from 12 to 18 yards out look to me like the ball should be going the other side of the keeper, it's no wonder they seem slow to react

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

He looks quick, strong, and he hits the ball early - which is such a talent to have as a striker as keepers and defenders are off balance.

What's not to like?

Agree on this, not just because it catches keepers off guard but also important because in the PL you don't usually have time to get set for a strike - take an extra split second and the chance is gone. The finish vs Sheff Wed at 01:00 is particularly good example of how quickly he takes the shot after controlling the ball.

However, how much of that is confidence? He was on a great run last season so probably trusted his instincts more and saw the results. In the last couple of games of the season we saw Danny Ings overthinking his chances or waiting too long to take the shot - almost trying too hard - as a product of his lack of confidence.

That was what I said originally.

What on earth is this thread about. We're ripping apart his goals because they weren't very good?

He was there to score them though? Would you rather it was a video of him missing chances?

Sometimes people on here confuse the hell out of me.

As Adrian said above, unlikely to get the space/amount of chances he got in the Championship...defenders will be more alert, quicker to close down and sharper in the tackle and keepers won't be as slow to react.

If he gets double figures I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong, but I just haven't seen anything about him to be able to get excited.

Has anyone actually watched the below:

He looks quick, strong, and he hits the ball early - which is such a talent to have as a striker as keepers and defenders are off balance.

What's not to like?

Best goal is 4.05....great build up, off the post meggin the keeper lol

This coupled with the fact that most of his goals required very little skill on his part is what makes me think this signing is a mistake. People go on about his pace but I don't even see any evidence of that, doesn't seem to be any quicker than Austin.

The same Charlie Austin who went on to score 18 PL goals in 35 games for a relegated team just a year after that 25 championship goals season, that Charlie Austin?

And you must be blind to not see he has more pace than Austin.

Even with all his injury issues, Austin still has a 1 in 3 record in the PL, probably closer to 1 in 2 for starts.

So I have no idea why Austin is anything but a clear marker that people who score goals in the Championship, especially young players, can't go on and score decently in the PL.

He looks a decent player to me, 22 y.o with plenty of speed and power and of course 22 goals. All that plus he's scored heavily in a league that is tough and competitive. What's not to like?

I don't see why under Ralph's tutelage he couldn't get 10-15 in the prem. IMO exactly the sort of player the club should be signing.

Would they like Shane Long in exchange? He'd probably do very well in the champ....

He looks a decent player to me, 22 y.o with plenty of speed and power and of course 22 goals. All that plus he's scored heavily in a league that is tough and competitive..

And for a not very good team either that struggled most of the year, pretty much all the other high scorers last year in the Championship were playing for top 6 teams challenging for promotion.

Except Che Adams and Jarrod Bowen who scored goals for average if not poor teams, which IMO makes their goal tallies even more impressive.

I'd like to see us go for both these two young English players.

The same Charlie Austin who went on to score 18 PL goals in 35 games for a relegated team just a year after that 25 championship goals season, that Charlie Austin?

And you must be blind to not see he has more pace than Austin.

Even with all his injury issues, Austin still has a 1 in 3 record in the PL, probably closer to 1 in 2 for starts.

So I have no idea why Austin is anything but a clear marker that people who score goals in the Championship, especially young players, can't go on and score decently in the PL.

Austins goal highlights featured much better worked goals than the one above.

I don't know why people are so upset that i'm not excited by a signing. I'm excited by Djenepo if that helps.

Has anyone actually watched the below:

What's not to like?

Pretty much everything. He just won't score like that in the better league unless he catches the keepers out because they think he'll hit it cleanly.

Having watched him I think he's regressed since he started at Sheff Utd where I thought he was going to be very good.

If Ralph wants him I'm cool with it. Looks like someone who plays on the shoulder, has some strength and is very direct in style. That seems a good fit for Ralph's system. Basically, a Schlong with more goals. We've got Redmond, Ings and Djenepo to do clever stuff.

If Ralph wants him I'm cool with it. Looks like someone who plays on the shoulder, has some strength and is very direct in style. That seems a good fit for Ralph's system. Basically, a Schlong with more goals. We've got Redmond, Ings and Djenepo to do clever stuff.
Ings hasn't done much "clever stuff'

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I will repeat - he hits the ball early - which is such a talent to have as a striker as keepers and defenders are off balance.

He also has a knack for hitting the bottom corner while hitting it early. There is some poor defending in that video but some is caused by good Birmingham pressure leading to mistakes. He is quick, not rapid, but has the strength to hold off defenders.

The Prem has plenty of horse **** defending

Hopefully we get this done soonish as we clearly want him.

Saw a video from the Birmingham Mail where their Leitch was talking about him and said he is much better up front in a two and has only really flourished with Jutkiwicz alongside him.

Wonder if we are planning for the 4-2-2-2 but if we are then we badly need a CB who is a bit quicker, and alround better, than what we currently have.

Will be ripped apart otherwise.

Just pay the money saints. Too many examples of players wriggling away or going to teams with more ambition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Portsmouth were saying this, before they went bust!!! If it were your money, you might have a bit more perspective on things.

Portsmouth were saying this, before they went bust!!! If it were your money, you might have a bit more perspective on things.

Portsmouth hadn't sold the majority of their first team over the previous seasons for millions, nor were they getting hundreds of millions every season from astronomical TV deals, nor did they have any infrastructure whatsoever. The comparisons with those ****s are ridiculously wide of the mark.

It's not our money even if we don't spend it, so not sure what we get out of that arrangement either.

Birmingham supporter who I work with is resigned to losing Adams this window - says he is clearly destined for bigger, better things. Still a little raw, will make mistakes but for £14m would be a steal; she compared directly to Maddison price last year.

I remember how useless Ricky Lambert ws when he reached the Premier League

Yeah he was really sh1t....Christ you post some rubbish.

So getting selected for England in his Prem form was coincidental? Liverpool signed him because he was rubbish.

Was it because he was so good against Arsenal he upset you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So getting selected for England in his Prem form was coincidental? Liverpool signed him because he was rubbish.

Think that was sarcasm, bud.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

:lol: Settle pettle....... WHHhhooooooosssshhhhhhhhhhhh.......!!! :lol: