Che Adams

TopGun

So what did you think of the following signings....

Mane

VVD

Wanyama

Pelle

Tadic

Hojberg

Cedric

Gunn

It’s the championship. Nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF has any of that got to do with Adams, and my view that having a top price in mind and sticking to it?! You think he's worth paying whatever Brum want, I don't. I appreciate your opinion, but I don't agree with you.

I have no interest in expressing my opinion on a random bunch of signings.

We don't know which are our top targets, second choices and which are just agent talk in the media. According to the media we had a bid turned down for £25m for Promes, who was then sold for £17m six months later, so something is obviously not as it seems. Carrillo is a completely different player and just some bizarre attempt to appease a manager who should have been sacked.

Moi was a replacement for Tadic and as far as I am aware our first choice. We got Armstrong instead of Maddison.

I thought Elynouusi was the back up after Maddison chose to go to Leicester. Either way a pretty poor substitute for our first choice.

WTF has any of that got to do with Adams, and my view that having a top price in mind and sticking to it?! You think he's worth paying whatever Brum want, I don't. I appreciate your opinion, but I don't agree with you.

I have no interest in expressing my opinion on a random bunch of signings.

Your point was that Adams is untested and unproven in the Premier League. Cabbage's point is that all those signings were also unproven in the Premier League. Turned out alright didn't they? Some more so than others clearly, but all performed to a decent standard more often than not.

Your point was that Adams is untested and unproven in the Premier League. Cabbage's point is that all those signings were also unproven in the Premier League. Turned out alright didn't they? Some more so than others clearly, but all performed to a decent standard more often than not.

I don't seriously think that any fan could argue that our transfers over recent years have been more successful than not overall, and our signings have mostly been from outside the Premier league. My comments, however, relate to Adams and Adams only. He's unproven outside the Premier league and I repeat and clarify my point - I agree with the clubs reported stance that spending a max of 14m seems sensible for a division 2 player. Others may feel differently, but seeking to justify the case to give Brum whatever they want cos Mane exceeded expectations (whilst ignoring, for example, Moi) is ridiculous.

I don't seriously think that any fan could argue that our transfers over recent years have been more successful than not overall, and our signings have mostly been from outside the Premier league. My comments, however, relate to Adams and Adams only. He's unproven outside the Premier league and I repeat and clarify my point - I agree with the clubs reported stance that spending a max of 14m seems sensible for a division 2 player. Others may feel differently, but seeking to justify the case to give Brum whatever they want cos Mane exceeded expectations (whilst ignoring, for example, Moi) is ridiculous.

I think we are probably slightly under the value for Adams maybe should be about 16-18m considering the prices other championship players are going for.. think we are trying to play with brum thinking they are weak..

Problem is it is probably going to be hard for us to sign anyone even as proven as Adams For 14m Maupay seems to have a 20m valuation.

I wonder if we actually rate Adams higher then the likes of augustin or whether it's more that we think Adams is in our price range

I think we are probably slightly under the value for Adams maybe should be about 16-18m considering the prices other championship players are going for.. think we are trying to play with brum thinking they are weak..

Problem is it is probably going to be hard for us to sign anyone even as proven as Adams For 14m Maupay seems to have a 20m valuation.

I wonder if we actually rate Adams higher then the likes of augustin or whether it's more that we think Adams is in our price range

I’m going to take issue with you here.

Do you rate Adams higher than the £15m Man Utd paid for James?

Has anyone actually stumped up £20m for Maupay?

I imagine there are loads of players who we rate more highly than Adams, who are also not in our price range.

Still think we'll get this one over the line eventually. Given Ralph has already highlighted we have limited funds but the need for 4 or 5 incomings, I'm sure we'll have allocated spend to each area we need improvement and we can't deviate too far from this (unless we shift some of the deadwood or are prepared to released someone we'd rather not). A K,billy/Guan smiley/thumbs up/cryptic post wouldn't go amiss, though, to indicate something is imminent (if/when it is).

When is the start of our pre-season training? The fitness tests etc? I see Birmingham posted that they are already back and undergoing fitness (not surprisingly as they're in the Championship so start earlier) so maybe if he's undergoing fitness tests/training with them, it's less important to get him in for our fitness tests at the start of pre-season training, hence why we've put the offer on the table and backed away...

...does that make sense? Bit convoluted but still...

When is the start of our pre-season training? The fitness tests etc? I see Birmingham posted that they are already back and undergoing fitness (not surprisingly as they're in the Championship so start earlier) so maybe if he's undergoing fitness tests/training with them, it's less important to get him in for our fitness tests at the start of pre-season training, hence why we've put the offer on the table and backed away...

...does that make sense? Bit convoluted but still...

Players back next week.

I’m going to take issue with you here.

Do you rate Adams higher than the £15m Man Utd paid for James?

Has anyone actually stumped up £20m for Maupay?

I imagine there are loads of players who we rate more highly than Adams, who are also not in our price range.

Tbh haven't watched enough championship football to have a concrete opinion on this, Adams was in the nominations for championship player of the season though and has better stats then James so guess he had a better season not saying that means he has higher potential. But still Adams is young English hit 22 goals I'd say that makes him one of the top players in the championship and also has the pace and physique to look like he can step up.. Maddison went for 22 m also so why do u think Adams should be so cheap in comparison ?

Tbh haven't watched enough championship football to have a concrete opinion on this, Adams was in the nominations for championship player of the season though and has better stats then James so guess he had a better season not saying that means he has higher potential. But still Adams is young English hit 22 goals I'd say that makes him one of the top players in the championship and also has the pace and physique to look like he can step up.. Maddison went for 22 m also so why do u think Adams should be so cheap in comparison ?

Maybe Adams isn’t as good - although they play in different positions so comparison is difficult. Maybe Norwich didn’t need to sell and Birmingham do. In short who knows?

Just classic cat and mouse IMO. We made a low opening offer, then increased it. Birmingham trying to get all they can from us, so we say we are walking away. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us linked with other forwards to try and make Birmingham feel they will lose out and then come calling to agree a final deal. They will sell as they need the cash and the player will want PL football

Really hope this deal happens, so confident that he'll be a success in the prem!
Why are you "so confident" out of interest? Shane long looked decent in the championship

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Just classic cat and mouse IMO. We made a low opening offer, then increased it. Birmingham trying to get all they can from us, so we say we are walking away. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us linked with other forwards to try and make Birmingham feel they will lose out and then come calling to agree a final deal. They will sell as they need the cash and the player will want PL football

Not necessarily involving us though in reaching those targets.

Can be good to walk away in negotiations and presumably pressure will be applied from Adams' side.

That said, £14m does seem light in todays market and if he is genuinely a top target then it seems a shame to not get him, if that is what happens.

If Brentford value Maupay at £20m...

JamesMcCann74 on Twitter

Ta. Here it is.

I'm getting a lot of questions from Southampton fans regarding Che Adams, Southampton have had a bid accepted, expect news in media in next few days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another pretend football agent no doubt.
Seems to have a good number of followers and got a couple of stories right recently like Clarke to Brighton, aribo to rangers etc.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Seems to have a good number of followers and got a couple of stories right recently like Clarke to Brighton, aribo to rangers etc.

People don't still fall for these obvious fakes do they?

Did anything he say predate stories already in the media? If all he has done is say a player already linked to a club will join then tgat us not good evidence of him being ITK. If he has been the first anywhere to link a player to a club and the player then joins then that starts to build credibility.

Did anything he say predate stories already in the media? If all he has done is say a player already linked to a club will join then tgat us not good evidence of him being ITK. If he has been the first anywhere to link a player to a club and the player then joins then that starts to build credibility.

Don't know to be honest with you, only had a quick flick through the twitter.

Ta. Here it is.

I'm getting a lot of questions from Southampton fans regarding Che Adams, Southampton have had a bid accepted, expect news in media in next few days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He made the same post, give or take, about us having an offer accepted, a week ago.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Another pretend football agent no doubt.

I'm not sure how any agent can be semi-retired. You've either got clients or you haven't, surely? More to the point, I don't see why a 'semi-retired agent' would have the inside track on all the major transfers in British football or what he gains from posting everything he hears on twitter.

Seems like just another sad little man after some attention to me.

He's really not a very good striker, he scored 6 in 31 for Wolfsburg the season before last and I'm pretty sure the only reason he was still at Liverpool last season is that they were struggling for takers.

He's just happened to be in the right place at the right time for a couple of high profile goals, but we are talking about a guy who has pretty much a 1 in 5 career record who has never scored more than 8 league goals in a season.

He also has a wholly unimpressive international record of 3 in 26, despite playing for a Belgium team with the likes of De Bruyne and Hazard providing him chances.

No thanks, I'd much rather pay a bit more for Adams who is younger and has already scored more career goals than Origi, albeit at a lower level.