Che Adams

TopGun

one of my best mates supports Brum.

He is actually quite gutted at what is happening to his club.

I’m thinking of getting a Saints strip with “Adams” on the back and wearing it next time I see him to cheer him up a bit.

With friends like you .......

Welcome Che! Excited about this. I hope he’s as good a signing as JRod was from the same league. He at least seems to have all the right attributes. One Birmingham poster on SHA forum stated his stats are better than they seem; when played in attack he has played 96 games, scored 36 times and assisted 12 times. In a fairly poor team, that’s an impressive better than 1 in 3 strike rate. Out wide he only scored and assisted 3 or so. Now look at his age and ability to improve and you can only say we have a bargain.

So in attack that’s: Adams, Ings, Long and Obafemi. That should be that this summer. If we sign another striker for whatever reason (Okereke perhaps?) then I’d assume Obafemi will go on loan.

Behind them we have Redmond, Elyounoussi, Djenepo, Armstrong, JWP and Sims (and youth like Johnson.) If you include Boufal in that, we’re strong enough there too, but if we sell him, we need a replacement. (Especially with question marks still over Moi.) Otherwise I think our attack is top 10 quality again.

Agree with this. Don't read saints web nearly as much as I used to mostly because of heisenberg and cabbage

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

I think you'll find that we probably do have a lot of people who are now just 'readers' as opposed to 'posters'. Board has gone backwards for some years now, which is a shame. A lot of good posters, the likes of VFTT, no longer bother to post, and he generally had good solid info around this time of year.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I think you'll find that we probably do have a lot of people who are now just 'readers' as opposed to 'posters'. Board has gone backwards for some years now, which is a shame. A lot of good posters, the likes of VFTT, no longer bother to post, and he generally had good solid info around this time of year.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

The MODs have allowed this place to be ruined

Watched the video now we've got him. I am excited but have to say i don't like his reliance on his right foot. I don't mean scoring goals with it (could score with his shin and I'd be happy) but when controlling, running with the ball or passing it's all right foot, even when the left would be more convenient and easier. He's going to have to work on that to really make it as a top forward.

Video in question watch his left foot

like I say, I'm excited and happy just see there is room for improvement. If he can have as unerring an ability for finding the corners with both feet we'll have a fantastic player.

Liverpool Echo fail to find humour in Saints "dig" in transfer video :mcinnes:

Fortunately the Liverpool supporters mostly saw it as being funny and have had a go at The Echo.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-take-bizarre-dig-liverpool-16512961

• 2 weeks later...

Good interview that, I like him already.

One quote was interesting,

To Adams, Southampton feels like the ideal fit. Ralph Hasenhüttl, the manager, is obsessed by speed and strength, high pressing and intelligence

No wonder Charlie Austin doesn’t fit Ralph’s thinking. That’s 0 out of 4 ?

Good interview with him here:

Che Adams: ‘In non-league it’s just a question of how hard you’re going to get kicked’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/17/che-adams-interview-southampton-non-league-thurnby-lodge

I sure I read an interview recently where he said himself it was pronounced Shay not Chay

Mentions that in the top paragraph:

Che Adams confirms it is “Shay” rather than “Chay” before he sits down to discuss how he has become Southampton’s newest signing in a £14m deal from Birmingham City

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled across a video that shows more than just Che’s goals. He’s crazy strong, build up play a bit hit and miss but always seems a threat.

Great start for us so far, scoring in every game. Got a good feeling about him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
My first viewing of him today. Does he bring enough? I thought he seemed a bit immobile. Strong though.
Thats very harsh IMO.

He isn't a rapid player. He has a nice mix of being steong enough, quick enough, agressive enough and technically good enough to cause problems.

He isn't going to be the next Harry Kane but looks like a player who can make life difficult for PL centre backs and certainly adds attributes we have lacked the last few seasons.

Home debut to suggest there is more to come (if you are realistic about what he is and what he will be).

I definitely think he brings more than Ings, who I really fear for his future here. Che is about 10-15% better in every facet of his play. There were times he could have made a bit of a quicker decision or a bit more composure, however when you have vvd around you all the time I won't blame him for any doubt or lack of composure. I think we won't see the best of Che until next year, but hopefully the player that emerges is good enough for what we need

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk