29/30 January - Midweek Fixtures

Lighthouse

Win tomorrow and we'll be 6 points above relegation and 6 points below mid table.

Was just about to post the same thing. Cardiff losing was the big one today and Fulham dragging Brighton into it a bonus.

Really need to do our bit now.

Crp results tonight. Now to turn over to the news to find our what the fck is going on with Brexit

Mixed bag I reckon. Newcastle was the big sh*tter but a point for Burnley isn't the end of the world.

Really could have done without Newcastle winning, but at least Cardiff lost which means we can put some real distance between us and the relegation places with a win tomorrow - 6 points and a GD over Cardiff of at least +13, which is worth another point ultimately. Would put us in 14th, a point behind Brighton. Would also finally take us to more than a point a game for the first time this season.

I'm confident. Palace have had a few good results recently but if they were so amazing they wouldn't be level on points with the team just above the relegation places. We will be much fresher having not played in the FA cup at the weekend, and since Ralph took over we always seem to do well when we have more time to prepare.

Bring it on.

BT Sport trying to whip up a storm in a tea cup.

City had a second goal chalked off because the referee, having awarded city a free kick, did what refs have done for years and years; showed KdB the whistle and said wait for the whistle. As the ref trotted away over to position himself on the far side of the penalty box (away from his assistant on the line), KdB just took the free kick and city scored with ease against a static Toon defence obviously waiting for the whistle, it was instantly disallowed. Ref went back to KdB and booked him for basically disobeying the refs instructions.

Hargreaves and Jenus thought it was stupid of the ref, having a pop at Graham Poll the guest ref who said the ref was right, those two clowns started carping it was a stupid rule that needs changing.......pillocks!

Guardiola showed them up as chumps in his post match interview, asked what he thought about KdB getting booked for taking the free kick early. He just said “what was that, I didn’t notice” voice off screen filled him in on events, and he pretty much said “whatever!”.

Sorry lads Liverpool aren’t going to win the league, because KdB chose to ignore the instruction to “wait for my whistle” from the ref on a chilly night on Tyneside.

City had a second goal chalked off because the referee, having awarded city a free kick, did what refs have done for years and years; showed KdB the whistle and said wait for the whistle. As the ref trotted away over to position himself on the far side of the penalty box (away from his assistant on the line), KdB just took the free kick and city scored with ease against a static Toon defence obviously waiting for the whistle, it was instantly disallowed. Ref went back to KdB and booked him for basically disobeying the refs instructions.

Hargreaves and Jenus thought it was stupid of the ref, having a pop at Graham Poll the guest ref who said the ref was right, those two clowns started carping it was a stupid rule that needs changing.......pillocks!

Guardiola showed them up as chumps in his post match interview, asked what he thought about KdB getting booked for taking the free kick early. He just said “what was that, I didn’t notice” voice off screen filled him in on events, and he pretty much said “whatever!”.

Sorry lads Liverpool aren’t going to win the league, because KdB chose to ignore the instruction to “wait for my whistle” from the ref on a chilly night on Tyneside.

The guest ref was Phil Dowd.

Jenas is the worst pundit and footballer in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a great set of results, but as any relegation battle you can’t get to tied up with what other sides are doing and just keep getting the points on table. Will be a s̶t̶r̶u̶g̶g̶l̶e̶ massive risk without H̶o̶e̶d̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶ internationals Gabbi and Cedric on the bench, and possibly Austin, but i think we might just manage it, provided Ings and Valery don't get injured or suspended for the rest of the season.

Corrected for you. :toppa:

The results weren't that bad really. Newcastle got the headlines and it does put them above us, but a win tonight will put that right.

Fulham will win the odd game like this, but I think they're too fragile in defence to survive. And it served to make Brighton edgy. They're not out of it

Otherwise, Huddersfield and Cardiff lost as expected. Burnley got an unexpected point but will have put a lot into that game and will be demoralised by letting a two goal lead go in five minutes. It's not must-win on Saturday, but it is a big six-pointer. Winner will have breathing space, loser could be back in the proverbial. A draw won't be a disaster.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I watched the first half of the United v Burnley game last night and thought Burnley were very well organised and very strong. Once Rashford missed his golden opportunity Burnley kept it really tight and just didn't let Utd play. Admittedly I think Solsker got his tactics wrong last night and hope we don't do the same. They will be no pushovers!

That footballing genius Adrian Durham spent a large part of his programme the other day slagging off Benitez for playing a weakened team in the cup. His rationale was that he had a better chance of a cup run than beating City so put out a stronger team in the cup and a weaker one against City.

D’oh! Yet another example of why those that can do and those who can’t whitter away from the sidelines.