Burnley vs Saints - Build Up

SuperSAINT

Doing this one with my boy (weather permitting), think they are going to be well up for this given their recent form. That said, if the goal machine that is JWP continues his current form, we are in with a shot of getting something.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Had a look at their results since December. The 5-1 smashing Everton gave them really woke them up.

Palace 2-0 Burnley

Burnley 1-3 Liverpool

Burnley 1-0 Brighton

Spurs 1-0 Burnley

Arsenal 3-1 Burnley

Burnley 1-5 Everton

Burnley 2-0 West Ham

Hudds 1-2 Burnley

Burnley 1-0 Barnsley (FA Cup)

Burnley 2-1 Fulham

Watford 0-0 Burnley

Man City 5-0 Burnley (FA Cup)

Man Utd 2-2 Burnley

Fancy us getting a point or more.

I fancy us for a point in this and I think it suits us more than Palace. Tonight was everything we dread really; must not lose, at home to a relegation rival, home crowd watching, organised defensive team with dangerous players on the break.

Burnley are a different prospect but I think we can get something. Would play Armstrong instead of JWP though, the line-up tonight was just too lacking up front.

I fancy us for a point in this and I think it suits us more than Palace. Tonight was everything we dread really; must not lose, at home to a relegation rival, home crowd watching, organised defensive team with dangerous players on the break.

Burnley are a different prospect but I think we can get something. Would play Armstrong instead of JWP though, the line-up tonight was just too lacking up front.

You'd drop a player who has scored 3 in 3 ?

Hopefully Bertrand can be involved, maybe Lemina as well, he brings something different to our midfield.

Honestly less worried about Burnley than Palace, Burnley are organised and hard working but lack the flair and pace Palace have in Zaha/Townsend. If we can stand firm on the set pieces I think we have a chance of winning the game.

Plus you'd think them being at home there would be more onus on them to attack us more than Palace did.

Hopefully Bertrand can be involved, maybe Lemina as well, he brings something different to our midfield.

Honestly less worried about Burnley than Palace, Burnley are organised and hard working but lack the flair and pace Palace have in Zaha/Townsend. If we can stand firm on the set pieces I think we have a chance of winning the game.

Plus you'd think them being at home there would be more onus on them to attack us more than Palace did.

Your assessment of Burnley is why I think we will get something from the game.

You obviously haven't been paying attention. The photo of Lemina in his hospital bed after his op last week was a clue.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The one with his leg in something?

Strange stomach injury unless I've missed something entirely (likely)

The one with his leg in something?

Strange stomach injury unless I've missed something entirely (likely)

Had an abdominal op. Arm was bandaged in the pic. Experts told me that was from the cannula for the anaesthesic.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Doing this one with my boy (weather permitting), think they are going to be well up for this given their recent form. That said, if the goal machine that is JWP continues his current form, we are in with a shot of getting something.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Goal machine? LOL he has been called many things including a "useless waste of space" and a "t*sser" but "goal machine". I'll have some of what you're on please.

Why is Bertrand still out? He's been training with the first team for 3 weeks now.
I make it about 3 weeks full training he has had. Missed about 2 and half months but not exactly coming back from an ACL operation.

RH vague when asked in yesterdays presser. Said he needs to get match fit but when asked how without playing matches he kind of sidestepped the question and talked about intense training.

I have a feeling Targett will play til the end of the season and we will look to sell Bertrand in the summer.

Personally really like RB and think Targett consistently struggles at PL level but one is an Academy player and the other isn't.

Club will probably feel they can save on Bertrand's wages.

I make it about 3 weeks full training he has had. Missed about 2 and half months but not exactly coming back from an ACL operation.

RH vague when asked in yesterdays presser. Said he needs to get match fit but when asked how without playing matches he kind of sidestepped the question and talked about intense training.

I have a feeling Targett will play til the end of the season and we will look to sell Bertrand in the summer.

Personally really like RB and think Targett consistently struggles at PL level but one is an Academy player and the other isn't.

If RB wants to play and is working hard in training, it makes no sense at all to sideline him in favour of Targett for the rest of the season, summer move or not. Targett is not the long term answer to the LB/LWB position. He lacks the athleticism, pace, power and sharpness. I'm not sure what's going on with RB but if his attitude is good then we shouldn't be ****ing about. He is still one of the best players we have and the team sheet looks much stronger with him in it.

Why not just sell him/loan him out in January?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCarthy

bednarek Stephens vestergaard

Jwp Romeu peh targett

Redmond Long Armstrong

Subs: Gunn, Valery, Johnson, Slattery, elyounessi, gallagher, Ings

Why would you drop Ings for Long? He is much less prolific.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Why would you drop Ings for Long? He is much less prolific.

Yeah I wondered that too.

And I imagine there must be a Burnley equivalent of this forum where they are all already consigned to the fact that Ings and/or Austin is guaranteed to score against them tomorrow.

Yeah I wondered that too.

And I imagine there must be a Burnley equivalent of this forum where they are all already consigned to the fact that Ings and/or Austin is guaranteed to score against them tomorrow.

Would be interested to see a 433.

Mccarthy

Valery Bednarek Vestergaard Targett

JWP Romeu Hoj

Ings Austin Redmond

I would like to see ings and Austin play together, I think that it could work with JWP and Hoj stepping up creatively. Also with 3 midfielders and JWP being more convincing defensively we don't need 3 at the back, especially as Stephens has looked poor recently.

Lawro's prediction.

Burnley v Southampton

Burnley's 2-2 draw against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday was still a very good result but they came very close to getting an amazing one.

Seeing Southampton recover to get a point in their game against Crystal Palace was another mark of their recent improvement.

But the Clarets are unbeaten in the Premier League in 2019 and - as I have said before - I think the old Burnley are back.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Mo's prediction: 0-4

Ryan's prediction: 0-4

Um, aren't we also unbeaten in the PL in 2019?

I like the two guest NFL dudes' predictions!

Lawro's prediction.

Burnley v Southampton

Burnley's 2-2 draw against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday was still a very good result but they came very close to getting an amazing one.

Seeing Southampton recover to get a point in their game against Crystal Palace was another mark of their recent improvement.

But the Clarets are unbeaten in the Premier League in 2019 and - as I have said before - I think the old Burnley are back.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Mo's prediction: 0-4

Ryan's prediction: 0-4

Um, aren't we also unbeaten in the PL in 2019?

I like the two guest NFL dudes' predictions!

Criticising Lawro on this forum usually ends in grief but you are right.... and although we are both unbeaten in the league this season at least we didn't lose 5 nil last weekend.

He must be cheap to employ !!