Burnley vs Saints - Build Up

SuperSAINT

Predicting a defeat then?

yes. 3-1 to Burnley

Look at the state of us when palace lobbed balls into the box. Burnley will do that on steroids, whilst not opening up like Arsenal and Everton

I think we will beat Fulham and Cardiff. The Cardiff game being the tougher of the two

yes. 3-1 to Burnley

Look at the state of us when palace lobbed balls into the box. Burnley will do that on steroids, whilst not opening up like Arsenal and Everton

I think we will beat Fulham and Cardiff. The Cardiff game being the tougher of the two

I think it’ll be closer than that. Burnley aren’t all that. They will come on to us and we’ll hit them on the break. Nervy 1 all with them having 65% of possession

Lawro's prediction.

Burnley v Southampton

Burnley's 2-2 draw against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday was still a very good result but they came very close to getting an amazing one.

Seeing Southampton recover to get a point in their game against Crystal Palace was another mark of their recent improvement.

But the Clarets are unbeaten in the Premier League in 2019 and - as I have said before - I think the old Burnley are back.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Mo's prediction: 0-4

Ryan's prediction: 0-4

Um, aren't we also unbeaten in the PL in 2019?

I like the two guest NFL dudes' predictions!

Good old Fitzmagic with the 4-0 prediction :lol:

the way they play, we will not win this and a point will be extremely unlikely

We'll need a 200% improvement in our play over the lamentable display of Wednesday evening to come away from there with anything. They are in a fine vein of form and seem to have found their self belief again. They were always a good side and their league position is surprising after last year's heroics. Dyke is still a good manager and we are easy to read so like Palace they will probably neutralise our high press with balls over the midfield to the wingers who will likely run Valery & Targett ragged all afternoon.

The omens are not good as you say. I think it will be the odd goal either way that settles it.

the way they play, we will not win this and a point will be extremely unlikely
Another game like Palace where both teams would rather the other team had the ball most of the time we can't both sit deep and hope to counter but then Burnley are the home team so you'd like to think the onus is on them to take the game to us.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

yes. 3-1 to Burnley

You are the definition of a mess.

On the next 5 games thread before Palace you reckoned we would get 7 points. Nothing at Arsenal and won't beat Fulham and Cardiff. Presumably therefore (at best) 4 points from those 2 matches.

On the pre match Palace thread you reckoned that we would lose. Hence presumably 3 points today .... yet now you say that we are going to lose.

Are you capable of any consistent thought apart from a depressing negativity about Saints ?

Edited by Tamesaint
Whoops. Pressed send inadvertently ��

On the next 5 games thread you reckon we will get 7 points. Nothing at Arsenal and won't beat Fulham and Cardiff. Presumably therefore (at best) 4 points from those 2 matches.

On the pre match Palace thread you reckoned thst

He forgets just how negative he is :lol:

On the next 5 games thread before Palace you reckoned we would get 7 points. Nothing at Arsenal and won't beat Fulham and Cardiff. Presumably therefore (at best) 4 points from those 2 matches.

On the pre match Palace thread you reckoned that we would lose. Hence presumably 3 points today .... yet now you say that we are going to lose.

Are you capable of any consistent thought apart from a depressing negativity about Saints ?

I changed my mind. Jesus

What's your own view or can you only criticise other people's? At least he offers something for others to think about.

here's hoping the referee can intervene like last time out at Turf Moor :lol:

I think this is one of them games which could honestly go in any direction, but our record at Turf Moor is pretty rubbish and both sides will probably be content with a cautious draw, so 0-0.

Although the cynic in me can see us losing 1-0, and equally, one mistake for them could see us win 1-0...

Alas, I'll stay with the 0-0 prediction, just don't see a high scoring game.

PS. BBC gave Hoedt Man of the Match in this fixture last season!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43094248

Edited by nta786

Was disappointed with the palace performance as expected more after long period to prepare.

Go into this one a little less optimistic than I was a week ago.

Theyve perked up and we seemed to be lacking midweek.

Hope it all clicks for us today as a defeat has us looking at other results nervously again

My guess is that it is a 4321/433?

McCarthy

Stephens Vestegaard Bednarek Targett

JWP Romeu Slattery

Armstrong Redmond

Ings

8 British players, glad to see however.

Wonder what Valery has done to be dropped, very worrying. Maybe that's why we didn't bring in a right back in the window as we intend to do a 4231 with stephens

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Or it could be the same 3 CBs as recently with JWP at RWB, as he finished the game against Palace.

Would perhaps leave us a little light in midfield, but do we really need two holding DMs when we're playing 3 CBs? I'm guessing not.

That's my thoughts too

Or it could be the same 3 CBs as recently with JWP at RWB, as he finished the game against Palace.

Would perhaps leave us a little light in midfield, but do we really need two holding DMs when we're playing 3 CBs? I'm guessing not.

it could be- the only reason I think it is 4 at the back is because of the way we've depicted it!!!

of course maybe i'm just overthinking it.

Massive miss - not confident of a result without him

He wasn’t great on Wednesday and we did ok when he was suspended.

Interesting that the first choice right back has been dropped and we are making do with JWP out of position or Stephens.

Thank god we didn’t sign one eh?

well, lets see how stephens gets on at RB

433/451

My guess is that it is a 4321/433?

McCarthy

Stephens Vestegaard Bednarek Targett

JWP Romeu Slattery

Armstrong Redmond

Ings

8 British players, glad to see however.

Ward-Prowse was right wing back at the end of the game on Wednesday.

So today probably 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1

Wonder what Valery has done to be dropped, very worrying. Maybe that's why we didn't bring in a right back in the window as we intend to do a 4231 with stephens

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

We didn't bring in a right back in the window because Cedric was sold, Ralph doesn't think Valery was good enough and he was kind of hoping that Stephens could fill in? No, the real reason is that Ralph asked the board to buy a new right back in the transfer window and after making well-publicized 'enquiries' for Maehle and Elabdellaoui, they didn't because the owners wouldn't let them spend the money required.

Ward-Prowse was right wing back at the end of the game on Wednesday.

So today probably 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1

it could be- the only reason I think it is 4 at the back is because of the way we've depicted it!!!

of course maybe i'm just overthinking it.

if it was 3 at the back, then surely JWP would have been in the place where Valery was in the picture shown here^^

simply my reasoning behind why it could be 4 at the back

on another note- Mr Gao is at the game.

We didn't bring in a right back in the window because Cedric was sold, Ralph doesn't think Valery was good enough and he was kind of hoping that Stephens could fill in? No, the real reason is that Ralph asked the board to buy a new right back in the transfer window and after making well-publicized 'enquiries' for Maehle and Elabdellaoui, they didn't because the owners wouldn't let them spend the money required.

Care to share any proof you have on this , pretty sure you have none [emoji2958]