Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Blackburn supposedly want to bring in 2 keepers...Forster has been mentioned their end...
But, and here's the rub, what will they pay him? Best we can hope is he goes and we subsidise his wages.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Therein lies the problem though. I don't suppose the club give a monkeys if a few are surplus and kicking their heels for a few months, other than the fact they are draining the £ at the same time.

Exactly. It's just that a few posters are putting an emphasis on the fact that we would have unregistered players when it's irrelevant really. All that matters is the wage bill. If hypothetically we clear Boufal, Elyounoussi, Hoedt, Lemina, Forster but still have Austin stinking up the place, the club aren't going to not sign a player we need and can afford just because it might leave him unregistered.

Not a chance. He'll go to one of the big boys, he's a fantastic player.
This would be a coup, but can't see it, unless he wants to blood himself in the Premier League.

The glimmer of hope I found was in this interview where he says he doesn't want to move to a big club too soon. Saints for 2-3 seasons would be perfect for his development. [emoji106][emoji6]

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/dayot-upamecano-rb-leipzig-world-s-best-young-defender-ousmane-dembele-473962.jsp

Leipzig want £27m for Upamecano.

Sell Forster, Austin and McCarthy, get him in

That's actually in all seriousness proper cheap. If that's true and RH has sway still over convincing the player to come here we should smash that. Fits our model perfectly.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Leipzig want £27m for Upamecano.

In the current market madness, that's almost reasonable for a CB. I suspect it's not the price, though, as bigger clubs will be all over that like a tramp on chips.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

In the current market madness, that's almost reasonable for a CB. I suspect it's not the price, though, as bigger clubs will be all over that like a tramp on chips.

That's our problem. The chances of doing a deal under the radar, like we used to, are now slim. Unless the player is totally convinced and prepared to ignore other offers, he'll be swayed by a better contract/pay and the club by a bigger fee, with his agent shouting Saints' interest everywhere to alert richer, bigger clubs

But our biggest selling point is that he will walk into our starting line-up and have the chance to prove himself and be in the shop window for a big move. Signing for a top six club now, he'll get loads of bench time.

It all fits so well that even Wee Ross will have cottoned on. It is very likely that Ralph will have chatted already to his old mates at RBL about this lad coming here. Offer £30m, if he stays for only 2 years at least it buys us time to bring our other youngsters up to speed while we earn ourselves £20m on the back of it.

Might be worth taking a look at this fella. Surely would be affordable

https://twitter.com/FootballMemesCo/status/1150476664725475336/video/1

All very well doing those tricks in what likes dry arid conditions, but could he do it on a rain lashed Wednesday in November away at Burnley ?

I think he’s Joseph Minala’s older brother.

Providing he's not George Weah's cousin.

Is he any better than Klarer?

If we're going to buy another central defender, I'd prefer us to get Dael Fry.

Has Klarer shown any signs that he will be a Premier League quality CB in the future? Genuine question as I've seen very little of him.

Is a player, who regularly plays for a top bundesliga side, played in the Champions League, touted as one of the best young defenders in Europe, better than a lad who hasn’t played a minute of competitive first team football for us? I’m going to go with yes he is.

I do wander how many people raving about Klarer have watched him. He's very raw, not great on the ball, positional sense is lacking and he switches off. He wasn't able to get in the u23 team for chunks of last season. Sure, the lad has potential, but he's a million miles from a premier league CB.

I do wander how many people raving about Klarer have watched him. He's very raw, not great on the ball, positional sense is lacking and he switches off. He wasn't able to get in the u23 team for chunks of last season. Sure, the lad has potential, but he's a million miles from a premier league CB.

Well, in my case, wonder no more, as I've watched him play many times. But, I do wonder how much someone who thinks he's a million miles from a premier league CB has watched him play. I also wonder how much people on here have watched Upamecano or Fry play. They are both good but Fry would be a better fit for us.

Well, in my case, wonder no more, as I've watched him play many times. But, I do wonder how much someone who thinks he's a million miles from a premier league CB has watched him play. I also wonder how much people on here have watched Upamecano or Fry play. They are both good but Fry would be a better fit for us.

Fry has early indications of being susceptible to severe hamstring injuries, so he would definitely fit our tactic of signing players who are unable to play for large chunks of the season.

What the hell are you on about? You're a mess.

I have watched him play many times and am staggered that anyone who watches Premier league football could think he's even remotely close to the required standard. What about his game makes you think that he is? I'm genuinely interested cos I just don't see it.

As for Fry, I haven't seen him, but Upemacano is everything that Klarer isn't - extremely fast, good on the ball, positional sense is there (but needs work) and he's very strong. He's also proven at the highest level.

I'm a great admirer of our youth players and love to see them get a chance, but saying that a lad who struggled to make our u23 team is better than a champions league standard player is a stretch.

I have watched him play many times and am staggered that anyone who watches Premier league football could think he's even remotely close to the required standard. What about his game makes you think that he is? I'm genuinely interested cos I just don't see it.

As for Fry, I haven't seen him, but Upemacano is everything that Klarer isn't - extremely fast, good on the ball, positional sense is there (but needs work) and he's very strong. He's also proven at the highest level.

I'm a great admirer of our youth players and love to see them get a chance, but saying that a lad who struggled to make our u23 team is better than a champions league standard player is a stretch.

You probably said that about Valery after the Cardiff game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably said that about Valery after the Cardiff game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't, but wtf has Valery got to do with Klarer?! You're a proper idiot mate.

Malang Sarr (20) wants to leave Nice. Price set at €20m.

Mobile, agile, highly rated, young, just about within our price range. Wonder if we're monitoring this.

Started a new game of FM the other day, and signed him. Also loaned him back to Nice so he hasn't played for me yet, but his stats are great.

Apparently Gareth Bale has said he's leaving Real Madrid and his agent is in talks with a "surprising club". Just sayin'

Cabbage Face mentioned it, so it goes without saying, it’ll never happen.