Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Doesn't mean nothing is happening in the background of course' date=' but absolutely nothing in the media (according to my lazy Google searches) around Cedric or Hoedt leaving even though they are clearly surplus to requirements.[/quote']

You’d have thought Cedric would be easier to shift than Hoedt.

Hoedt would surely be a loan at best.

We’d be getting robbed with the “less than £10mill” they both hope to get him for. Couldn’t begrudge him a move to either of those clubs, however if we can get £15mill for either him or Targett I, and most, would rather sell the latter (appreciating differences with age, contract length etc).

Don't disagree with this in principle as I believe we have seen his best years. Worrying part is the bit about the a deal under 10m and promoting Targett to 1dt choice.

Agree on both points.But if RB does leave, hopefully for far more than £10m, I still think Ralph could secure a replacement from Bundesliga as opposed to Targett becoming first choice.

Doesn't mean nothing is happening in the background of course' date=' but absolutely nothing in the media (according to my lazy Google searches) around Cedric or Hoedt leaving even though they are clearly surplus to requirements.[/quote']

They are also probably on holiday and as others have mentioned they are all probably waiting to pick up their loyalty bonuses once the 1st July rolls around.

I expect we'll see more movement after that, but a lot of these players will be hard to shift I reckon.

Cedric, Austin, maybe Clasie you'd think wouldn't be too difficult to shift as there are some takers, but Carillo, Hoedt and Forster I'd think would be a lot harder.

The Bertrand story may be a nonsense.

The Inter Milan sporting director was scouting Ryan Sessegnon at the Euro U21s this week. Perhaps the journalist mixed up their Ryans?

And they are both English and play on the left, not sure what else they have in common...

The Bertrand story may be a nonsense.

The Inter Milan sporting director was scouting Ryan Sessegnon at the Euro U21s this week. Perhaps the journalist mixed up their Ryans?

And they are both English and play on the left, not sure what else they have in common...

MLG will be back to tell you that both players have an 'E' & an 'N' in their surnames too.

Callum Wilson available for £35M. The question I am asking - and haven't answered myself yet - is "is he worth twice as much as Che Adams?"

Massive upgrade on Chas Austin, but can Che be that for half the outlay?

I assume Spurs will move for him to cover Kane’s ankle ligament injuries.

Callum Wilson available for £35M. The question I am asking - and haven't answered myself yet - is "is he worth twice as much as Che Adams?"

Massive upgrade on Chas Austin, but can Che be that for half the outlay?

Imo yes, a massive upgrade.

For my money, best all round CF outside of the top 6

I don't think Wilson's worth anything near that. He scored a bunch of goals last season because Bournemouth were attack attack attack flooding players forward every game. They scored the most goals outside of the big 6 but worth noting they had the 3rd worst defence only edging out Fulham and Huddersfield.

Via Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland):

Genk’s right back Joakim Maehle got linked to Sevilla, Napels, Dortmund, Atletico en Man United in a paper in Danmark. Genk haven’t heard anything from United and they haven’t approached the player either. AWB is still United’s main target, but no final agreement as yet.

IMO since Valery's emergence this one is over.

Maehle would want to be a first choice and Valery deserves to be after last season.

Why does everyone want back up or squad players we progressed by buying upgrades for each position & making the original player the squad player so improving the team

Who is talking about buying squad players? I've not seen anyone suggest that we should.

However, the club only has so much cash and there are more important positions to spend it on than right back.

I expect Maehle will be out of our price range now with that lot allegedly looking after him, anyway.

Genk’s right back Joakim Maehle got linked to Sevilla, Napels, Dortmund, Atletico en Man United in a paper in Danmark. Genk haven’t heard anything from United and they haven’t approached the player either. AWB is still United’s main target, but no final agreement as yet.

Maehle would want to be a first choice and Valery deserves to be after last season.

This.

Not in their top division, but although other French clubs are interested don't think they can compete with English or German money. Another youngster we'd hope to bring on as it would be a big step up from Ligue 2: I wonder what Window Cleaner thinks?

This.

As well as Valery did last season I'm not sure I'd want to rely exclusively on him for a full season. Maehle certainly looks a cut above from what I've seen and read of him, si if he is still within our price range then he'd improve the team and squad.

I expect Maehle will be out of our price range now with that lot allegedly looking after him, anyway.

Unfortunately I expect this to be the case.

As well as Valery did last season I'm not sure I'd want to rely exclusively on him for a full season. Maehle certainly looks a cut above from what I've seen and read of him, si if he is still within our price range then he'd improve the team and squad.

Would remind me of that season we sold Chambers & literally went the season with Clyne & without any cover.

I wonder if Ralph will have a look & see how Ramsay has developed in pre-season.

Interesting that the OS has drawn attention to Sofiane Boufal's involvement in the Afcon along with our new man, referred to as Saints' Sofiane Boufal. Maybe Ralph has been watching him?
Would have been daft not too, I hope we keep him and Ralph can get a tune out of him.

I think RH is the ideal manager for Boufal

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I see Burnley are willing to let Ben Gibson go, an old favourite of ours. Would happily take him off their hands, big upgrade on Stephens.

I didn’t see it last year, and after a season of not playing for Burnley don’t see it this year either.

Only 5? Hmm...

What about the rest? You'd expect Forster, Cedric, Hoedt, Stephens, Mcqueen, Reed, Clasie, Hesketh, Elyounoussi, Boufal, Austin, Gallagher, Carrillo to be open to offers if we can find someone to take them.

If we only lose 5, we're still left with alot of crap...!

Only 5? Hmm...

What about the rest? You'd expect Forster, Cedric, Hoedt, Stephens, Mcqueen, Reed, Clasie, Hesketh, Elyounoussi, Boufal, Austin, Gallagher, Carrillo to be open to offers if we can find someone to take them.

Can only hope they're deemed so insignificant they're not worth mentioning.

Only 5? Hmm...

“At least 5”

Only 5? Hmm...

There will be more than 5. Doubt many will be permanent

Assuming that means a right wing-back, so perhaps Maehle might happen after all, but would assume his value has gone up.

I think we'll probably land Adams, but assuming we really are looking at other options, all kinds of players have been linked (at varying prices):

- Jean-Kévin Augustin

- Victor Osimhen

- Jordan Ayew

- Florian Aye

- Haris Seferovic

- David Okereke

- Jean-Philippe Mateta

- Bryan Mbeumo