Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Only 5? Hmm...

What about the rest? You'd expect Forster, Cedric, Hoedt, Stephens, Mcqueen, Reed, Clasie, Hesketh, Elyounoussi, Boufal, Austin, Gallagher, Carrillo to be open to offers if we can find someone to take them.

If we only lose 5, we're still left with alot of crap...!

would of thought that by senior they exclude the likes of mcqueen,reed,clasie,hesketh etc that's my hope anyway

Pretty sure we won’t be getting in any more wide attackers.

Wouldn't be so sure of that, we are linked with a couple still, some of which originating after the djenepo signing. Also the telegraph article has Boufal leaving as well as Elyounoussi. That only leaves djenepo sims jwp and Armstrong for the wider roles as redmond will likely play in a front 2, I'd say we could do with another.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

There will be more than 5. Doubt many will be permanent

Will certainly be more than 5.

We need to get rid of around 10 players as the squad stands now — & that’s before 4 prospective new signings.

Wouldn't be so sure of that, we are linked with a couple still, some of which originating after the djenepo signing. Also the telegraph article has Boufal leaving as well as Elyounoussi. That only leaves djenepo sims jwp and Armstrong for the wider roles as redmond will likely play in a front 2, I'd say we could do with another.

Didn’t see Moi listed in the telegraph piece. Maybe you’re right & we will sign another wide player, but I don’t see it.

I see Burnley are willing to let Ben Gibson go, an old favourite of ours. Would happily take him off their hands, big upgrade on Stephens.

Not so sure on that, but we don't need an upgrade on Stephens, we need someone who is better than all our current centre backs. Stephens is the worst of the lot, and I feel Bednarek, Yoshida and Vestergaard all have something to offer, but none of them are stand out players and any combination of them (in a 2) leaves us pretty weak at the back. Don't think Gibson is that player, especially as one of his problems is his lack of pace.

Thiago Mendes would be a great signing for our midfield but would cost a bucket load of money.

Lyon will be difficult to fend off, hope Ndombele decides to stay now lol.

We won't be going for him, clearly as per i.) Common sense ii.) All the comments about the types of players we want to sign

One interesting one, some of the Belgian reports say we have dropped out the race for Vanheusden after talks, as have targetted a different CB.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-dropped-out-in-race-to-sign-player-wolves-still-in-the-running/

We won't be going for him, clearly as per i.) Common sense ii.) All the comments about the types of players we want to sign

One interesting one, some of the Belgian reports say we have dropped out the race for Vanheusden after talks, as have targetted a different CB.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-dropped-out-in-race-to-sign-player-wolves-still-in-the-running/

We've been linked with surprisingly few centre-backs considering it's high on our list.

Transfer window starting pick up now. Once the big clubs start getting active the food chain begins to take shape. The ridiculous fees being banded about shows saints are right to sign unknown/unproven talent and develop. Harry Maguire valued higher than VVD is insane. In comparison he's ****.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Callum Wilson available for £35M. The question I am asking - and haven't answered myself yet - is "is he worth twice as much as Che Adams?"

Massive upgrade on Chas Austin, but can Che be that for half the outlay?

good question, but of course a player that is, say, 10% better in terms of ability, doesn't, in reality, cost you 10% more, he tends to cost you twice as much. Those fractional gains/advantages are what makes all the difference in the end and you have to pay a premium for `proven'. Even if we could afford the £35m fee, Wilson isn't going to come to us. He will be looking for a top six club I suspect

We've been linked with surprisingly few centre-backs considering it's high on our list.

Considering it is absolutely essential, and will mean a long season again if we don't bring a good one in.

Transfer window starting pick up now. Once the big clubs start getting active the food chain begins to take shape. The ridiculous fees being banded about shows saints are right to sign unknown/unproven talent and develop. Harry Maguire valued higher than VVD is insane. In comparison he's ****.

Problem is that the fee for Maguire will probably inflate the domestic prices for CB's and it will affect our level. If Leicester look to sign Dunk or Tarkowski, Brighton/Burnley will immediately look at Leicesters sudden windfall and look for £25-30m, and Bristol City will consider that as a marker for Webster and the £15-!8m we might have been looking at becomes £20m.

Meanwhile in the real world we still won't be able to give Hoedt away.

I wondered who the different CB could be that we have since targeted.

Possible options hopefully one of these:

Upamecano

Konate

Zouma

Saliba

4 top quality options. Here's hoping :)

Edited by davefizzy14

Leicester may want more than we got for Van Dijk but they won’t get it. Most reports in today’s media are saying something in the £65m region, which is about what you might expect considering he is English.

Good negotiation tactic from Saints re Adams.

That was my initial thought. Plant a few stories, watch Brum sweat. Perfect conversation with Che would go...

“Southampton have bid £14million for you.”

”Cool, I want to play in the Premier League.”

”We’ve rejected it.”

“But I want to join them.”

”We are holding out for £16 million.”

”Sell me, or I’ll put in a half arsed effort all season.”

”Umm, Saints, we accept your £14 million offer.”

”It’s £10 million now.”

”Oh. Well we accept anyway.”

Is the world we are in now?

Bristol City are set to demand £30m for Southampton transfer target Adam Webster this summer.*

https://readsouthampton.com/2019/06/26/bristol-city-demanding-30m-for-southampton-target-adam-webster/

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It’s cute that the lower league clubs want to hold us to ransom. Someone inform them that being in the Premier League doesn’t make us super rich. The prices for these players are fantasy. Yes if we were Championship I’d want to hold on to our best players, but they’d probably rather play at the top level. (Hence why securing our Premier League safety was so important.)

Knew this would happen.

Watch someone like Norwich swoop in for 14m now :lol:

Bargain basement for us then.

Won't pay £14m on a striker so have to scrabble around the Italian lower leagues.

Where are you guys getting this from? Everything I’ve read so far suggests we have bid £14m and they’re holding out for more.

Sky report that Villa bid £12M for him and that was rejected.
I watch Bristol City as much as Saints these days as live close to the ground. I honestly don't think they have anyone who looks like they would perform well in the PL. Would say Bailey Wright is better than Webster anyway

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RH will not be leaving in the near future imho - he seems to like a project

He will if we can’t even stretch to 14 mill for a needed striker, let alone a CB in the ‘project’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where are you guys getting this from? Everything I’ve read so far suggests we have bid £14m and they’re holding out for more.

Yep, that's my interpretation, so I don't understand the comments from people that we won't / can't pay £14m.

He will if we can’t even stretch to 14 mill for a needed striker, let alone a CB in the ‘project’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. By all accounts we have bid £14m and will no doubt negotiate further

2. Do you think Ralph did no due diligence on our financial capabilities before he arrived?

3. Why are you *always* so f.ucking negative?! It’s like being near a black hole FFS.

I honestly believe it's a human condition to be negative. Take the news on TV and the papers....it's misery that sells.

These negative fans can't help themselves ity's in their DNA.....Just bloody frustrating for the rest of us!

1. By all accounts we have bid £14m and will no doubt negotiate further

2. Do you think Ralph did no due diligence on our financial capabilities before he arrived?

3. Why are you *always* so f.ucking negative?! It’s like being near a black hole FFS.

I honestly believe it's a human condition to be negative. Take the news on TV and the papers....it's misery that sells.

These negative fans can't help themselves ity's in their DNA.....Just bloody frustrating for the rest of us!

It's called Negativity Bias. A basic survival trait.