Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Southampton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace Battling To Sign Nigerian striker

David Okereke could be on the move in the summer transfer window as he is attracting interest from foreign clubs.

The Spezia winger was one of the outstanding performers in the Serie B last season, scoring 10 goals and setting up 12 others in 31 appearances.

Okereke's representative, Ben Itorho has confirmed that Southampton, Crystal Palace and Newcastle United are exploring ways to sign the Nigeria U23 international who has been likened to Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

''Southampton, Crystal Palace and Newcastle are showing interest but there are other clubs who want him. Club Brugge, Genk and Sassuolo have strong interest in him, '' said Itorho to allnigeriasoccer.com.

''They want Okereke in the Premier League but the player has to take a decision with his footballing future in mind''.

Okereke, 21, has three years left on his contract with Spezia after penning a new deal in August 2018.

He was handed his first senior Nigeria call-up on March 25, 2019 just hours after he netted on his international debut against Libya U23s in an Olympic Games qualifier.

Source: https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32520

One of those better not be a goalkeeper.

Still need another RB, CB and two attackers imo.

Totally agree. RB & a strong CB. A team leading CB won’t come cheap. I would say three attackers really but I will be happy with two as long as one is an out and out striker as we are seriously lacking in that department. Lookman would be a good edition. It’s a shame Promes was used as a carrot to dangle & appease the fans & we never really had any intention to sign him as it he would have been another signing with a lot of ‘promise’ *gets coat* and could’ve really added something to this league.

He ended up in Spain for way less than we were touted to offer. It doesn’t look like he’s set La Liga alight. Very suspect approach by us that and strange how the club said they would go back for him and not another word spoken about him. Also strange about the fee being potentially 8 million less than we “supposedly” bid. Something stinks of fish.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/31/do-southampton-should-feel-frustrated-as-sevilla-seal-17m-quincy/

I’d like to see Che Adams come in & I believe we are doing a lot to pursue this transfer. Possibly being one of our prime targets. Captain obvious I know. I’m unsure about the ex Arsenal lad plying his trade in Italy. Southampton have apparently asked Juventus about striker Stephy Mavididi on a season long loan. I’d rather have Lookman.

Totally agree. RB & a strong CB. A team leading CB won’t come cheap. I would say three attackers really but I will be happy with two as long as one is an out and out striker as we are seriously lacking in that department. Lookman would be a good edition. It’s a shame Promes was used as a carrot to dangle & appease the fans & we never really had any intention to sign him as it he would have been another signing with a lot of ‘promise’ *gets coat* and could’ve really added something to this league.

He ended up in Spain for way less than we were touted to offer. It doesn’t look like he’s set La Liga alight. Very suspect approach by us that and strange how the club said they would go back for him and not another word spoken about him. Also strange about the fee being potentially 8 million less than we “supposedly” bid. Something stinks of fish.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/31/do-southampton-should-feel-frustrated-as-sevilla-seal-17m-quincy/

I’d like to see Che Adams come in & I believe we are doing a lot to pursue this transfer. Possibly being one of our prime targets. Captain obvious I know. I’m unsure about the ex Arsenal lad plying his trade in Italy. Southampton have apparently asked Juventus about striker Stephy Mavididi on a season long loan. I’d rather have Lookman.

Don't you think the signing of djenepo, makes the likes of lookman or promes extremely unlikely ? Seems to me they are in a similar mold and I'd be very surprised if we shell out another 20m on this type of player?

I'd say centre back(someone to organise the defence) was the one position someone at top end of 24 bracket or above might be needed

Van Dijk would have been about 24 i guess when we signed him.

In goal we've got Gunn, who i can't see us wanting to supplant him with an older goalkeeper and in midfield Hojberg is already our captain.

You're probably right, but don't you think we could upgrade on either ?

I've always thought Hojberg would flourish with a more experienced head alongside him. either pushing him on or trying to reign him in as the game requires.

Ralph apparently wants 5 according to that interview he did in German. So one could be a GK, especially I suppose with McCarthy being linked with various people and maybe not happy to sit as no.2 for us (but presumably might be ok being no.2 for a bigger club)

You'd hope CB is a priority, and striker is the other one.The rest might depend on who goes, who stays etc.

But I think, if I was going to highlight another position it would be DM, we only really have Romeu and he has his limitations, I'd like to see some more mobile there.

The other is maybe a right back? Bit of an odd position that we are in there, in that Valery has come on massively that you wouldn't want to halt his development by placing a new signing in his way, but at the same time we lack cover and experience there.

Plus we might not be able to shift Cedric.

But I'd go for CB, RB, DM and Striker.

Ralph apparently wants 5 according to that interview he did in German. So one could be a GK, especially I suppose with McCarthy being linked with various people and maybe not happy to sit as no.2 for us (but presumably might be ok being no.2 for a bigger club)

You'd hope CB is a priority, and striker is the other one.The rest might depend on who goes, who stays etc.

But I think, if I was going to highlight another position it would be DM, we only really have Romeu and he has his limitations, I'd like to see some more mobile there.

The other is maybe a right back? Bit of an odd position that we are in there, in that Valery has come on massively that you wouldn't want to halt his development by placing a new signing in his way, but at the same time we lack cover and experience there.

Plus we might not be able to shift Cedric.

But I'd go for CB, RB, DM and Striker.

Obviously it will completely depend on us getting rid of the "deadwood"...(Forster/McCarthy, Rose, McQueen/Targett, Cedric, Stephens, Hoedt, Reed, Clasie, Hesketh, Armstrong?, Boufal?, Elyounoussi, Gallagher, Austin, Carrillo, Barnes)

Would leave us with a squad of

GK

Gunn

Forster/McCarthy

Lewis

RB

Valery

Ramsay

CB

Vestergaard

Yoshida

Bednarek

Jones

LB

Bertrand

Targett?

Vokins

DM

Romeu

CM

Lemina

Hojbjerg

JWP

Armstrong?

Slattery

AM

Redmond

Djenepo

Sims

Boufal?

Johnson

ST

Ings

Long

Obafemi

I'd say:

First choice CB

First choice ST / Alternate option to Ings

DM as competition to Romeu

Possibly backup to Valery / LB if either Targett or Bertrand leave

A keeper if we get rid of both Forster and McCarthy, however would be tempted to do without one if we only get rid of one of them.

We showed a French Goalkeeper around last week . He got the red carpet treatment . As someone mentioned you won’t see anyone leave until July. If Forster left now even for an amazing contract he would lose his seasons bonus.

Rest assured Ralph will be bringing in 4 or 5 new players and an overhaul of the coaching team is being is in progress so they are on his very strict page.

Obviously it will completely depend on us getting rid of the "deadwood"...(Forster/McCarthy, Rose, McQueen/Targett, Cedric, Stephens, Hoedt, Reed, Clasie, Hesketh, Armstrong?, Boufal?, Elyounoussi, Gallagher, Austin, Carrillo, Barnes)

I'd say:

First choice CB

First choice ST / Alternate option to Ings

DM as competition to Romeu

Possibly backup to Valery / LB if either Targett or Bertrand leave

A keeper if we get rid of both Forster and McCarthy, however would be tempted to do without one if we only get rid of one of them.

At the moment I'd reckon Boufal might be likely to stay, not seen any rumour at all about him leaving, if he does go I'd reckon its nearer the end of the transfer window once Ralf has seen him pre-season and probably will depend on whether Boufal gets on bored with this training methods.

There is talent there, and probably out of our loanees he's probably had the most successful season, having some decent games for a relegation threatened Celta and beating Messi for completely dribbles in the league.

Looks likely the striker is going to be Adams and from comments above seems a young French GK as well.

So that would be -

Djenepo

Adams

New GK

New CB

Then its a question of whether its a new DM or new RB.

At the moment I'd reckon Boufal might be likely to stay, not seen any rumour at all about him leaving, if he does go I'd reckon its nearer the end of the transfer window once Ralf has seen him pre-season and probably will depend on whether Boufal gets on bored with this training methods.

There is talent there, and probably out of our loanees he's probably had the most successful season, having some decent games for a relegation threatened Celta and beating Messi for completely dribbles in the league.

Looks likely the striker is going to be Adams and from comments above seems a young French GK as well.

So that would be -

Djenepo

Adams

New GK

New CB

Then its a question of whether its a new DM or new RB.

How is Ralph going to judge Boufal pre-season? He won't be back from AFCON and holiday until end July (like the new boy). Think Boufal's card was marked when Moussa was signed. We don't need a RB, at least not until we shift Cedric.

Celtic officially pull the plug on Turnbull.

Nixon reckons Prem interest caused it to collapse... wonder if it’s us? Norwich allegedly making a move

I'm surprised that's happened actually. I think I'd read Sheff Weds had a bid accepted too.

Norwich a good shout. (Who knows, maybe we are in - but I don't really see it).

Don't you think the signing of djenepo, makes the likes of lookman or promes extremely unlikely ? Seems to me they are in a similar mold and I'd be very surprised if we shell out another 20m on this type of player?

Fair point but I wasn’t sure if this new guy was an out and out winger or better in the hole. I think we still need another attacking midfield outlet. Competition for the new guy & Redmond. Armstrong, squad player. I’d still like to see Boufal played properly in the centre attacking - in the hole - with players around him, rather than on the wings. With decent coaching he could be a real threat. I’d almost build tactics to suit that formation but I’m unsure if Ralph would accept his glaringly clear problems with attitude & team work.

We definitely need a strong striker, someone like Che Adams, who can hit the ground running. Someone to run off Ings’ intelligent passes. A solid centre back is an absolute must as is a full back to replace Soares. Critically important and a weak link in our squad.

Celtic officially pull the plug on Turnbull.

Nixon reckons Prem interest caused it to collapse... wonder if it’s us? Norwich allegedly making a move

Hes a very decent prospect, would do wonders under Ralph (like JWP has) so shame if were not involved

Amigo they are saying Djenepo will be on the left wing with redder probably in the centre with another forward so we need someone on the right unless he puts the Bouf over there.

Don’t know they guy. Does he offer more than Sims?
Is Sims actually good? Seems to me he makes an impact from the bench once every year and then is quite poor in subsequent appearances.

The facts show Bowen scored over 20 goals last season whilst Sims struggled to get a start for Reading.

Amigo they are saying Djenepo will be on the left wing with redder probably in the centre with another forward so we need someone on the right unless he puts the Bouf over there.

Could work as Bowen fits the profile, CC.

Has been a consistent scorer in the championship from that position too.

I imagine the money will be running short if we sign Adams though.

Like Bowen a lot, very good left foot, would suit Ralphs style as he has a very good work ethic and makes interceptions/tackles up the pitch, scores all sorts of goals, good dribbler and can take a set piece as well. Heavily uses his left foot but is actually decent on his right as well.

Only slight worry might be that he lacks top level pace for the premier league. He's decently quick but not rapid like say Daniel James.

Think he's a better option than Harry Wilson as well.

I was really impressed with Jarrod Bowen from the bits I saw last season. Not sure that position is a priority but would definitely add to the squad and also think this type of signing is much less of a risk than going foreign. Also far better than Harry Wilson from what I saw as well.

I'd always though it might be a Bowen or Adams option rather than Djenepo, but it seems Bowen is regarded more of a AM/winger than striker from what many are saying on here.

Ideally I'd like to see Bowen and a striker with a bit of height as well as pace. Perhaps anyone with both attributes are out of our price range though.

Like Bowen a lot, very good left foot, would suit Ralphs style as he has a very good work ethic and makes interceptions/tackles up the pitch, scores all sorts of goals, good dribbler and can take a set piece as well. Heavily uses his left foot but is actually decent on his right as well.

Only slight worry might be that he lacks top level pace for the premier league. He's decently quick but not rapid like say Daniel James.

Think he's a better option than Harry Wilson as well.

That's how I've viewed him as well. Watching a couple of clips Bowen showed an awareness and bit of flair on occasion.

Whilst I posted it (& it's good to see people excited about the Bowen link), I've no idea how good of a source footballleagueworld.co.uk is.

Pretty much the same as the Macca & Targett links to Liverpool. Until more legit sources run it, it's not worth getting too excited about.

Whilst I posted it (& it's good to see people excited about the Bowen link), I've no idea how good of a source footballleagueworld.co.uk is.

Pretty much the same as the Macca & Targett links to Liverpool. Until more legit sources run it, it's not worth getting too excited about.

Probably isn't, looks like a pluck name of player A and random club B for the sake of it site. But it does throw up something to consider out of season.

No way we can play that system with our current CBs and central midfielders.

We would get ripped apart.