Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Shame really, I quite enjoyed the thought of Upamecano dropping into our back four/ five. Wonder how far our interest went or was it just an initial enquiry. Interestingly August In is now quoted at 15million, I guess as soon as arsenal expressed an interest the price doubles

Seen nothing to suggest we even enquired, just wishful thinking by people on here.

It’s going to be like this.

Once the outs are confirmed we then contact some agents to find out if A, B or C is available for a loan deal.

If nothing in our price range then we stick with what we have.

Basically it’s the same as last January.

Hope Ralph is calm if he don’t bring in a CB and a defensive midfielder.

Once the outs are confirmed we then contact some agents to find out if A, B or C is available for a loan deal.

How very underwhelming and unambitious.

If that does happen then it's pretty concerning. I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph was pretty bummed out about it too.

Hasenhuttl, our best Manager for a few years, will have signed just two players across two transfer windows and none in defence or midfield.

What a disappointment this summer has been in terms of refreshing a stale squad that has narrowly avoided relegation twice.

Hasenhuttl, our best Manager for a few years, will have signed just two players across two transfer windows and none in defence or midfield.

What a disappointment this summer has been in terms of refreshing a stale squad that has narrowly avoided relegation twice.

Assuming nothing changes, it will be underwhelming, especially as Ralph was very patient in the Jan window (despite our parlous position) presumably because he had an eye on making big changes in the summer (as he himself suggested).

Certainly won't be impressed if we don't manage to move anyone out and don't bring a CB in. I think we've done well in the attacking positions, I think Adams and Djenepo could both be cracking signings, but the preference should have always been a proper first choice CB. Obviously the biggest problem is they didn't think they'd have such a struggle getting rid of the players they didn't want to carry into the season...McCarthy, Forster, Hoedt, Stephens, Cedric, Reed, Lemina, Elyounoussi, Austin, Carrillo.

McCarthy, Hoedt, Reed and Cedric could be squad options this season, it'll be far from ideal if we're stuck with Forster, Lemina, Stephens, Elyounoussi, Austin and Carrillo.

My prediction is that Lemina, Elyounoussi, Austin and Carrillo will not be at the club by September 1st, but permanents or loans is TBD. Think we'll be stuck with the rest.

Certainly won't be impressed if we don't manage to move anyone out and don't bring a CB in. I think we've done well in the attacking positions, I think Adams and Djenepo could both be cracking signings, but the preference should have always been a proper first choice CB. Obviously the biggest problem is they didn't think they'd have such a struggle getting rid of the players they didn't want to carry into the season...McCarthy, Forster, Hoedt, Stephens, Cedric, Reed, Lemina, Elyounoussi, Austin, Carrillo.

McCarthy, Hoedt, Reed and Cedric could be squad options this season, it'll be far from ideal if we're stuck with Forster, Lemina, Stephens, Elyounoussi, Austin and Carrillo.

My prediction is that Lemina, Elyounoussi, Austin and Carrillo will not be at the club by September 1st, but permanents or loans is TBD. Think we'll be stuck with the rest.

Does the loan window close at the same time as the transfer window? Other European leagues have different dates from us, I believe.

to be fair, you have no idea either and are just guessing like the rest of us. Its a particularly negative view designed to wind people up in my view. i would be gobsmacked if they didnt have a plan to cover either eventuality (sell or loan existing players) with initial discussions already progressed to point where we can pick them up on the last day. I would be amazed if RH wasnt aware of the situation as well.

If we don't shift anyone, we'll be facing the same problem next window, again restricting our ability to bring in players.

Indeed it might be even more difficult to shift those players as some will have had another disrupted season -hardly ideal circumstances in which to impress potential suitors- though with some players contracts running down, we might just decide to cut our losses a la Clasie.

I don’t see why Saints would be surprised by lack of interest - Osvaldo, Ramirez, Claise, Hoet, Cedric, Carrillo, Boufal, Mayuka - that’s c £100m spent with maybe £10m returned in loan fees etc over recent seasons. Selling players who can’t cut it in the Prem on big wages is very very difficult, you can’t even give them away. I can’t see us signing a CB - we’ve been very consistent on outgoings £50-60m per season last 5 years and we’re already £50m this (net £30m), getting a half decent CB is going to be £20m min so unless number goes in next year (loan) I can’t see it happening. That might not be the worst thing - it’ll be extremely hard finding a cb better than what we have for less than £20m, we could easily have another flawed cb on our books draining more wages.

I don’t see why Saints would be surprised by lack of interest - Osvaldo, Ramirez, Claise, Hoet, Cedric, Carrillo, Boufal, Mayuka - that’s c £100m spent with maybe £10m returned in loan fees etc over recent seasons. Selling players who can’t cut it in the Prem on big wages is very very difficult, you can’t even give them away. I can’t see us signing a CB - we’ve been very consistent on outgoings £50-60m per season last 5 years and we’re already £50m this (net £30m), getting a half decent CB is going to be £20m min so unless number goes in next year (loan) I can’t see it happening. That might not be the worst thing - it’ll be extremely hard finding a cb better than what we have for less than £20m, we could easily have another flawed cb on our books draining more wages.

Why in God’s name have you included Osvaldo Cedric and Boufal in players who can’t cut it in Premier League.

Mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they have till Thursday to bring in a cb or face up to another underwhelming failure of a window where we fail to address a glaring weakness in the squad.
So like I said before, people need to stop moaning and wait until Thursday afternoon!

Let's see how the ground lays then, bet some people will still moan that we shouldn't of got player(s) X and Y we should of got A and B.

Some people are just never satisfied

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well they have till Thursday to bring in a cb or face up to another underwhelming failure of a window where we fail to address a glaring weakness in the squad.

I've seen a rumour that we are almost certainly bringing one in on loan as we can't afford a transfer as well as the wages for a new cb until we have got more money from sales and reduced the current wage bill. To be honest, as long as we have a good CB this season, I don't really care how we do it.

Do people realise how hard it is to sign a good CB? Man United just paid ridiculous amounts of money for a decent one. Also, if there is a good cheap cb going, most other clubs in the league and abroad will be after them.

Wait and see

I totally agree. A CB should have been the number one priority. Very surprised we've not seen the likes of Hoedt, Soares, Mo, Stephens, Austin, Carillo and Boufal moved on already. Maybe, Boufal and Soares still have something to offer? The rest seem to be surplus to requirements. Maybe they'll all go on deadline day, which doesn't leave us with much time to strengthen with quality.

Deadline day is going to be a hectic one for most clubs this season. There have barely been any transfers. Everyone is leaving it late. Plenty of teams waiting in chains. Its all just a massive gamble. It's probably much better / less stressful to go for a loan, even if we shift a few on permanent deals. I'll be using my 3 posts wisely over the next few days.

You seem to get more than 3 posts per day these days

Deadline day is going to be a hectic one for most clubs this season. There have barely been any transfers. Everyone is leaving it late. Plenty of teams waiting in chains. Its all just a massive gamble. It's probably much better / less stressful to go for a loan, even if we shift a few on permanent deals. I'll be using my 3 posts wisely over the next few days.

No need!

Registered posters can seemingly post as much as they want now!

Thanks Cabbage face for your, as usual, very direct question. Rather than slag off the poster - why not counter argue. Osvaldo was a total nutcase who behaviourally couldn’t cut it in the Prem (or anywhere). Cedric was able to cut it in the Prem - then couldn’t and was promptly replaced by an untried 19 yr old. Boufal so far hasn’t been able to cut it in the Prem - failing to get into a team battling relegation. Be good if you could explain why my statement was a mess. Glad we agree on the difficulties on signing a cb though - I wouldn’t want to be a mess on that as well..,.

Thanks Cabbage face for your, as usual, very direct question. Rather than slag off the poster - why not counter argue. Osvaldo was a total nutcase who behaviourally couldn’t cut it in the Prem (or anywhere). Cedric was able to cut it in the Prem - then couldn’t and was promptly replaced by an untried 19 yr old. Boufal so far hasn’t been able to cut it in the Prem - failing to get into a team battling relegation. Be good if you could explain why my statement was a mess. Glad we agree on the difficulties on signing a cb though - I wouldn’t want to be a mess on that as well..,.

Osvaldo couldn’t cut it anywhere? Are you ok? Espanyol - 24 apps and 13 goals. Roma 55 apps - 27 goals. He was an incredible footballer with mental issues, if he hadn’t of head butted Fonte, he would’ve easily got double figures in premier league, scored one of the best goals I’ve ever seen. But yeah, useless cos his attitude was odd. That old chestnut.

Cedric, He would’ve been fine if we didn’t have such inept management, you can add Boufal into that list.

I totally agree. A CB should have been the number one priority. Very surprised we've not seen the likes of Hoedt, Soares, Mo, Stephens, Austin, Carillo and Boufal moved on already. Maybe, Boufal and Soares still have something to offer? The rest seem to be surplus to requirements. Maybe they'll all go on deadline day, which doesn't leave us with much time to strengthen with quality.

You say a CB should have been our no 1 priority. How do you know it wasn’t? It is possible that the people identified either weren’t available or didn’t want to come. Would you have us sign someone just for the sake of it? God knows we have enough deadwood as it is. There doesn’t seem to be an awful lot of quick, technically gifted and young CB’s around at the moment - certainly not in our price range.

Osvaldo couldn’t cut it anywhere? Are you ok? Espanyol - 24 apps and 13 goals. Roma 55 apps - 27 goals. He was an incredible footballer with mental issues, if he hadn’t of head butted Fonte, he would’ve easily got double figures in premier league, scored one of the best goals I’ve ever seen. But yeah, useless cos his attitude was odd. That old chestnut.

Cedric, He would’ve been fine if we didn’t have such inept management, you can add Boufal into that list.

So Hassenhutl is inept is he ??

You do spout complete tosh.

So Hassenhutl is inept is he ??

You do spout complete tosh.

When did Cedric or Boufal play under ralph? Consistently.

Now they are back, they are now playing, so he sees they are good players.

I know you are obsessed by me, but try and put that infatuation to one side before you post

You say a CB should have been our no 1 priority. How do you know it wasn’t? It is possible that the people identified either weren’t available or didn’t want to come. Would you have us sign someone just for the sake of it? God knows we have enough deadwood as it is. There doesn’t seem to be an awful lot of quick, technically gifted and young CB’s around at the moment - certainly not in our price range.
The coub have made clear through the Echo numerous times that Adams and Djenepo were the two top targets.

Multiple club pushed pieces said we were now moving on to a CB.

Ultumately IMO if we were to sign a decent CB then its an 8/10 window.

Without one its 4 or 5/10 - it was such an obvious and crucial need.

The coub have made clear through the Echo numerous times that Adams and Djenepo were the two top targets.

Still think we might have a 10/10 with CB and defensive mid

Perhaps they hadn't been able to find a targeted CB that was available so they pushed on with other targets? It is very easy to point a finger but none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes and the assumption that they haven't prioritised finding a CB is ridiculous given how everyone on the planet knows that we are weak in that area.

When did Cedric or Boufal play under ralph? Consistently.

Now they are back, they are now playing, so he sees they are good players.

I know you are obsessed by me, but try and put that infatuation to one side before you post

Look mate ... if you are going to troll and pretend to be a Southampton supporter you need to get your facts right. Cedric played several times for Saints in January before he moved out on loan. According to you it was inept management that drove him away

He played under Ralph twice against Derby , against Chelsea and against Leicester. Ralph saw him and clearly thought he was not good enough. To repeat the question is Ralph inept ??

I think you are getting obsessed by me. Why don't you just **** off and haunt the forum of the team that you actually support.

Look mate ... if you are going to troll and pretend to be a Southampton supporter you need to get your facts right. Cedric played several times for Saints in January before he moved out on loan. According to you it was inept management that drove him away

He played under Ralph twice against Derby , against Chelsea and against Leicester. Ralph saw him and clearly thought he was not good enough. To repeat the question is Ralph inept ??

I think you are getting obsessed by me. Why don't you just **** off and haunt the forum of the team that you actually support.

Not what I said, not at all. The reasons for Cedric and Boufals seeming dip in form, was the inept management, mope and Hughes. Like most our squad. Ralph could see they wouldn’t be up for the relegation fight, so shipped them out, but he knew the quality was there and they’ve come back with fight.

I don’t get why you think that’s trolling.

You seem annoyed by me, I’d recommend blocking me and stop sending me erotic messages, every day.

:lol: You're such a tease. When this turns out to be horse sh*t, please make sure to apologise to everyone whose excitement you awoke for no reason!

In fairness, he does, as he said, have a 100% record.