Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Cabbage Face mentioned it, so it goes without saying, it’ll never happen.
I'm sure it won't. But a bit of dreaming would be more fun than what we've had on this thread for the last week or two.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Cabbage Face mentioned it, so it goes without saying, it’ll never happen.

Bale won’t. But the players I’ve been told about probably will, like Adams and DJ. Shame I could be making some of you some wonga for your little holidays to Magaluf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have watched him play many times and am staggered that anyone who watches Premier league football could think he's even remotely close to the required standard. What about his game makes you think that he is? I'm genuinely interested cos I just don't see it.

As for Fry, I haven't seen him, but Upemacano is everything that Klarer isn't - extremely fast, good on the ball, positional sense is there (but needs work) and he's very strong. He's also proven at the highest level.

I'm a great admirer of our youth players and love to see them get a chance, but saying that a lad who struggled to make our u23 team is better than a champions league standard player is a stretch.

Just to let you know this poster once described Calum Chambers as the new Bobby Moore and claimed Jake Sinclair would be the best academy product of the last 20 years, so doesn’t have a great track record.

Just to let you know this poster once described Calum Chambers as the new Bobby Moore and claimed Jake Sinclair would be the best academy product of the last 20 years, so doesn’t have a great track record.

You referring to me Del or the other fella?

What the hell are you on about? You're a mess.

OK, I'm going to make it as simple as I can for you: Klarer is the most promising of our young central defenders and in my opinion, Dael Fry would be a good buy for us as he is right for our level and would stay with us. I'm certainly not criticising Upecamano, who is also a very good central defender, but I don't see his transfer fee, wages and long-term commitment to our club as being on a par with either Fry's or Klarer's.

There is no need for personal insults. My opinion is just my opinion and may be right or wrong. Ultimately, all that matters is that the team we both support does as well as it possibly can. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this season as there are a lot of positives to take from the pre-season so far.

And then there is reality, which is that he didn't. What I said was that Callum Camber's style of play reminded me of Bobby Moore (and still does). Having seen Bobby Moore play many times, including when we beat his West Ham Side 6-2 at the Dell, I can tell you that he was a Rolls Royce of a football player but not a very good defender, He was poor at tackling and heading, which is also true of Chambers, but he read the game very well and was a good passer, which is also true of both of them.

Why is it so important for you to knock other people? We all have our different opinions, none of which are perfect. Accept the fact that you are not perfect either and you'll start to get on better with other people.

PS As for your Jake Sinclair statement, that is just a very poor lie. What I said, many years ago, was that he was our Academy's top scorer at the time and would be worth giving a sub appearance. He then developed 'lifestyle problems', which sadly happens to many youngsters.

Maybe your time in prison made you confrontational. Having never had that experience, I don't know what you are going through but hope you pull through.

I'm presuming the surprising club is probably Spurs. Seems like Bale's exit is imminent and they are not expecting Real to demand a very high transfer fee because they are desperate to get him off the books as he is on £600k a week. But you'd presume Real must be subsidising some of his wages if he has agreed a move or he is agreed to a massive pay cut because no way Spurs or probably even Utd are going to take those sort of wages on.

I'm presuming the surprising club is probably Spurs. Seems like Bale's exit is imminent and they are not expecting Real to demand a very high transfer fee because they are desperate to get him off the books as he is on £600k a week. But you'd presume Real must be subsidising some of his wages if he has agreed a move or he is agreed to a massive pay cut because no way Spurs or probably even Utd are going to take those sort of wages on.

It's actually a China club, £1m a week contract.

Absolute waste of a player to be honest, but never mind.

It's actually a China club, £1m a week contract.

Absolute waste of a player to be honest, but never mind.

You'd have hoped that a player of that age / quality would forget about the money and do what's best for his career. Move to a top quality club and compete at the highest level, move to a club on the up who he can be a key part in getting there, or one which is close to his heart. He's already absolutely minted, does he need the extra money? Probably not...Sure he could survive on £80k a week. Come on Gareth, do the right thing...come home ;)

You'd have hoped that a player of that age / quality would forget about the money and do what's best for his career. Move to a top quality club and compete at the highest level, move to a club on the up who he can be a key part in getting there, or one which is close to his heart. He's already absolutely minted, does he need the extra money? Probably not...Sure he could survive on £80k a week. Come on Gareth, do the right thing...come home ;)
Don't think it's in the mindset of modern players to do anything but grab maximum money.

Oh for Kevin Keegan Mk II

he is more than minted. Net asset value of $125 million apparently.

He should come home

He’d only have to fart and he’s earned himself £2. A tenner for a really long fart. It’s crazy money and Bale would be crazy not to accept it.

We’re more likely to see McGoldrick come home than miraculously signing Bale! Sadly. Nice dream though.

PS As for your Jake Sinclair statement, that is just a very poor lie. What I said, many years ago, was that he was our Academy's top scorer at the time and would be worth giving a sub appearance. He then developed 'lifestyle problems', which sadly happens to many youngsters.

Maybe your time in prison made you confrontational. Having never had that experience, I don't know what you are going through but hope you pull through.

And then there is reality, which is that he didn't. What I said was that Callum Camber's style of play reminded me of Bobby Moore (and still does). Having seen Bobby Moore play many times, including when we beat his West Ham Side 6-2 at the Dell, I can tell you that he was a Rolls Royce of a football player but not a very good defender, He was poor at tackling and heading, which is also true of Chambers, but he read the game very well and was a good passer, which is also true of both of them.

Why is it so important for you to knock other people? We all have our different opinions, none of which are perfect. Accept the fact that you are not perfect either and you'll start to get on better with other people.

Wow! Being wrong about Chambers and Sinclair really hurt you didn't it! Im sorry I offended you but your Calum Chambers/Bobby Moore post was a glorious moment in mongboard history, made even funnier by the fact you didn't just laugh off the ridiculous comparison which you made after seeing him play for Arsenal in a preseason friendly, I believe the words were "he reminded me of the new Bobby Moore" not implying he cant tackle either, but after it got mentioned a few times you went back over a year later and edited the post so you didn't look such a silly billy!! As for Mangotsfield UNited Jake Sinclair you know as well as I do you were bigging him up for ages as the next academy starlet!

Nice you got in a personal dig at me though, about something that happened nearly 20 years ago, one thing prison does teach you is what is important in life and your reputation on a football forum isn't one of them! I enjoy your posts and from the little ive seen of Fry don't disagree he'd be a good fit. SO you do have a lot of talents, just spotting academy players isn't one of them im afraid.

Indeed it does. At 17:00 BST which seems a bit earlier than usual.

https://www.premierleague.com/transfers/summer/2019

Basically the same as last year, shuts before the PL starts as it always should have done. The problem is that other countries have not followed suit, or their season starts later so transfer business still carries on in terms of out goings abroad. Which means for us trying to shift players before bringing new ones in has been made more difficult.

Hmmm, I'm hearing that Upamecano deal is happening - as soon as Boufal leaves.

I'm sceptical (to the point of wanting to call my mate a bull****ter) but they usually know their stuff.

I think it'd be an incredible coup for one of the most in demand, highly rated young centre backs in European football to leave a Champions' League club for us, when our stock is low after two grim seasons of struggle, and our funds are tight.

The manager must have some draw if we can pull that one off.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Wow! Being wrong about Chambers and Sinclair really hurt you didn't it! Im sorry I offended you but your Calum Chambers/Bobby Moore post was a glorious moment in mongboard history, made even funnier by the fact you didn't just laugh off the ridiculous comparison which you made after seeing him play for Arsenal in a preseason friendly, I believe the words were "he reminded me of the new Bobby Moore" not implying he cant tackle either, but after it got mentioned a few times you went back over a year later and edited the post so you didn't look such a silly billy!! As for Mangotsfield UNited Jake Sinclair you know as well as I do you were bigging him up for ages as the next academy starlet!

Nice you got in a personal dig at me though, about something that happened nearly 20 years ago, one thing prison does teach you is what is important in life and your reputation on a football forum isn't one of them! I enjoy your posts and from the little ive seen of Fry don't disagree he'd be a good fit. SO you do have a lot of talents, just spotting academy players isn't one of them im afraid.

Fair comment ;)

I think it'd be an incredible coup for one of the most in demand, highly rated young centre backs in European football to leave a Champions' League club for us, when our stock is low after two grim seasons of struggle, and our funds are tight.

The manager must have some draw if we can pull that one off.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

We won’t get this player. Arsenal or Manchester United or some other top 6 club will get him. It would be a ludicrous move for him if he came to us. He surely wants the money, ambition and trophies, none of which we can provide. Besides, Gao won’t splash out. To galvanise our squad, we do need a costly centre back but seeing as all our record signings have been flops, most on here decided if we sign anyone above 20 million (which Gao is highly unlikely to do), he will be an instant flop.

Think lower key. Much lower. If the string of transfers in the PL happens, we may get lucky and we have feelers out but but it won’t be a player of that calibre. Our stock is low and we don’t have a squad capable of much more than lower table. Mid to Lower mid table if we sign a decent centre back.

We won’t get this player. Arsenal or Manchester United or some other top 6 club will get him. It would be a ludicrous move for him if he came to us. He surely wants the money, ambition and trophies, none of which we can provide. Besides, Gao won’t splash out. To galvanise our squad, we do need a costly centre back but seeing as all our record signings have been flops, most on here decided if we sign anyone above 20 million (which Gao is highly unlikely to do), he will be an instant flop.

Think lower key. Much lower. If the string of transfers in the PL happens, we may get lucky and we have feelers out but but it won’t be a player of that calibre. Our stock is low and we don’t have a squad capable of much more than lower table. Mid to Lower mid table if we sign a decent centre back.

You're probably right, but Alderweireld, Van Djik and even Lovren wanted European football and trophies and a couple of years at Saints playing rather than an earlier move to a big club to sit on the bench didn't do them any harm.

35 players to 22 is a tall order. I'd wager that we won't shift half.

I think after all the loans are gone, we'll have pretty close to 22 players.

The 35 (actually 34 now with Clasie gone) already include Johnson, Ramsey, Slattery, and Obafemi who are all part of the youth system that Ralph wants to blood into the team. So that's 30.

It also includes Barnes and Reed who we will definitely be able to shift one way or another. 28.

I doubt McQueen will go anywhere, but he's also unlikely to be registered as a player as he'll be out for a while.

That leaves 6 others to go from Carrillo, Austin, Boufal, Lemina, Hoedt, Cedric, McCarthy/Forster. I can see us selling 2-3 of them and loaning some of the others out. That will get us to around 22 senior players (including Valery)

The 35 (actually 34 now with Clasie gone) already include Johnson, Ramsey, Slattery, and Obafemi who are all part of the youth system that Ralph wants to blood into the team. So that's 30.

It also includes Barnes and Reed who we will definitely be able to shift one way or another. 28.

I doubt McQueen will go anywhere, but he's also unlikely to be registered as a player as he'll be out for a while.

That leaves 6 others to go from Carrillo, Austin, Boufal, Lemina, Hoedt, Cedric, McCarthy/Forster. I can see us selling 2-3 of them and loaning some of the others out. That will get us to around 22 senior players (including Valery)

Ah gotcha, thanks ?

With no incoming players mind...

With no incoming players mind...

True. To be honest, I only think we'll get a central defender in and leave it at that. If we do I can see us trying to shift Stephens out on loan as I doubt anyone would want to buy him.

I'd quite like us to move either Armstrong and/or Elyounossi as well, I don't think either of them add much to the squad on current evidence and we have 6 players competing for only 2 attacking-mid slots (Redmond, JWP, Djenepo, Sims, Ely, Armstrong). Even if JWP ends up playing as a CM more, that is still one player more than we need and stops any youth players from getting into the squad in those positions.

Ely at least was attracting attention as a loan option earlier in the window (I think it was to Turkey?).

True. To be honest, I only think we'll get a central defender in and leave it at that. If we do I can see us trying to shift Stephens out on loan as I doubt anyone would want to buy him.

I'd quite like us to move either Armstrong and/or Elyounossi as well, I don't think either of them add much to the squad on current evidence and we have 6 players competing for only 2 attacking-mid slots (Redmond, JWP, Djenepo, Sims, Ely, Armstrong). Even if JWP ends up playing as a CM more, that is still one player more than we need and stops any youth players from getting into the squad in those positions.

Ely at least was attracting attention as a loan option earlier in the window (I think it was to Turkey?).

I think Stephen's would best serve us as a DM, it's his best position.

Would love Ely gone.

Hmmm, I'm hearing that Upamecano deal is happening - as soon as Boufal leaves.

I'm sceptical (to the point of wanting to call my mate a bull****ter) but they usually know their stuff.

Im sure i read somewhere that Milan had a bid of 35-40 million euro turned down for Upamecano.

I think we're in a catch 22. We need players gone to free up cash for better players to play RH preferred 4222, but our CB's are so bad we need to play 3 at the back so we need numbers. It's almost a case of having to get a decent CB in to move a couple out but then we're potentially stuck with excess if we can't then shift the dross.

It's a mess.

Upamecano seems highly unrealistic to me, unless he desperately wants to play Ralf and in the Premier League, you'd think both the Manchesters would snap him up, especially if the fee was south of £35 million considering Utd are buying Maguire for £80 million.

Though apparently City need to shift Mangala before they buy a centre back as they have 4 first team ones at the moment.

To be honest any of City, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal you'd think would snap him up.