Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Not what I said, not at all. The reasons for Cedric and Boufals seeming dip in form, was the inept management, mope and Hughes. Like most our squad. Ralph could see they wouldn’t be up for the relegation fight, so shipped them out, but he knew the quality was there and they’ve come back with fight.

I don’t get why you think that’s trolling.

You seem annoyed by me, I’d recommend blocking me and stop sending me erotic messages, every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boufal went out on loan 6 months before Ralph joined us. I cannot see how he shipped him out. Any Saints fan would now that.

Just go back to the forum of the club that you support and leave us alone.

Edited by Tamesaint
Whoops. Been out for the evening. Didn't realise that the Cabbage was taking an enforced holiday.

30 odd hours to go and it’d be nice to get a huge rumour incoming! Anything? I think we’re OK up front and in goal (if we keep McCarthy as back up to Gunn) but we’re light in midfield and defence as anyone can see. I assume this is why Hoedt, Cedric and Reed have been retained this season. There’s still time for a miracle but it’s not currently looking promising.

It seems inability to shift the deadwood has cost us this summer. I only hope we can keep Ralph through next summer so he can continue to re-shape the squad.

Regarding CB's and considering the current market, in order to get better than Bednarek, Yoshida & Vestergaard we are surely going to need to pay +25m.

I cant see us doing that and if we do get one in, it will surely be in the Bednarek mould as one who potentially could be better.

Interestingly, what do you reckon Bednarek is actually worth in todays market?

Regarding CB's and considering the current market, in order to get better than Bednarek, Yoshida & Vestergaard we are surely going to need to pay +25m.

I cant see us doing that and if we do get one in, it will surely be in the Bednarek mould as one who potentially could be better.

I think Bednarek has really high potential actually. His last ditch defending is outstanding.

If course, it may be that I see him alongside absolute dross all the time so he just looks better.

I'd presume we would have to source someone from a lesser league that we'd hope would make a step up, much like Bednarek, and Van Dijk etc.

I like Bednerak a lot, seems to be always improving and is only 23.

Would be an odd one unless we're about to sell Cedric. Not sure why Spurs would let him go though. Cant see it

My thoughts exactly.

That said, I thought Cedric had reintegrated well and was going to be used as back-up for both RB and LB this season.

In the words of Beavis & Butthead, this sucks! Every hour I visit SWF in the hope to read a post by a proven ITK’er with the famous words: We are close to signing a CB, or: player xyz is having a medical now.

Rant over and back to work now.

Winning at transfers since Ralph has been here.

Feel sorry for him

Why? He likes a small squad of 18 or so, plus the youngsters. He's got in a couple of players - maybe he is happy with that. Maybe he's not. Maybe he wouldn't mind another player or two, but is happy enough if not. Who knows? You certainly don't.

Why? He likes a small squad of 18 or so, plus the youngsters. He's got in a couple of players - maybe he is happy with that. Maybe he's not. Maybe he wouldn't mind another player or two, but is happy enough if not. Who knows? You certainly don't.
Because the squad is shyte

If we are going to sign anyone then I would imagine a firm link will emerge today as there are extremely few deals that suddenly emerge in the media and are confirmed within one day.

Still don't see us signing anyone, which is clearly not what the club, nor Ralph envisaged.

5/10 window with big flaws in the squad still remaining and an excellent Manager not backed with the change that was needed. Without Adams, who looks like a good signing, it would be 2/10.

I think Bednarek has really high potential actually. His last ditch defending is outstanding.

If course, it may be that I see him alongside absolute dross all the time so he just looks better.

People seem impressed by his ‘last ditch’ defending, however you have to wonder if he was a better defender with more anticipation and positional sense whether last ditch is strictly necessary in the first place. He has a long way to go....

People seem impressed by his ‘last ditch’ defending, however you have to wonder if he was a better defender with more anticipation and positional sense whether last ditch is strictly necessary in the first place. He has a long way to go....

That makes sense a similar logic crossed my mind. Snuff out challenges before they become problems.

It is quite depressing when you see the level of money thrown around in the PL, by clubs who we should be aspiring to at least match competitively. The TV money is usually a huge factor in that, but there are also lots of owners with genuine ambition.

I don't want to be a club who just spend, spend, spend with no real structure, don't get me wrong. But I do want to be a club who is capable and able to get key elements of its squad sorted. This is where an owner should put his hand in his own pocket and help, but that won't happen as he has zero interest in us as a footballing entity - I think that's fairly clear.

If you think about it, we've spent around £45m this summer - 14m of that funded through the sale of Targett and a further 14m from the sale of Gabbi. So, we haven't spent an astronomical amount of money. I'd have hoped there was more there. What we need in the squad isn't a 'nice to have', it's an absolute necessity to have. We really can't tiptoe into a new season with the same failed CB's AGAIN, how many close shaves does the club need?

Continuing lack of investment such as this will lead to us losing a great manager, which will inevitably mean we will slide down the leagues and be in an even worse financial situation. Sometimes owners need to be brave and take a brave gamble, but I honestly don't think we have owners who have the interest or ability to even do that. So, I'll go back to what I've always said, what was the point of the takeover? It's benefited us in no way whatsoever. Cheers Kat.

It is quite depressing when you see the level of money thrown around in the PL, by clubs who we should be aspiring to at least match competitively. The TV money is usually a huge factor in that, but there are also lots of owners with genuine ambition.

I don't want to be a club who just spend, spend, spend with no real structure, don't get me wrong. But I do want to be a club who is capable and able to get key elements of its squad sorted. This is where an owner should put his hand in his own pocket and help, but that won't happen as he has zero interest in us as a footballing entity - I think that's fairly clear.

If you think about it, we've spent around £45m this summer - 14m of that funded through the sale of Targett and a further 14m from the sale of Gabbi. So, we haven't spent an astronomical amount of money. I'd have hoped there was more there. What we need in the squad isn't a 'nice to have', it's an absolute necessity to have. We really can't tiptoe into a new season with the same failed CB's AGAIN, how many close shaves does the club need?

Continuing lack of investment such as this will lead to us losing a great manager, which will inevitably mean we will slide down the leagues and be in an even worse financial situation. Sometimes owners need to be brave and take a brave gamble, but I honestly don't think we have owners who have the interest or ability to even do that. So, I'll go back to what I've always said, what was the point of the takeover? It's benefited us in no way whatsoever. Cheers Kat.

The quick answer, which I know you know, is that we’ve spent before but lumbered ourselves with millions & millions of pounds worth of contracts which have & will hamper us for some time.

VVD was a last ditch defender with us, thats because we were weak on the flanks and the midfield in front of him. We were far more secure defensively when we had Victor there and so until we solve our DM problem we are going to have to rely on last ditch stuff as the ball is going to keep coming into our box. Cedric is back so when he plays that means the ball being lumped to the back post for a forward to be on his shoulder.

He is usually having to do that because someone around him has mucked up.

It's generally because of faults but other players, not himself.

The quick answer, which I know you know, is that we’ve spent before but lumbered ourselves with millions & millions of pounds worth of contracts which have & will hamper us for some time.

Due to the incompetence of our previous administration.............and hes now a big part of the F.A.........wow,hes probably signing Kane on a 10yr England captain contract asap.

Personally I'm not all that impressed by him. He is pretty slow and average in the air. His distribution and ability on the ball is not all that. He's committed and willing to chuck himself in front of things, which is great and his positional play isn't too bad, but because we've played five at the back so often he's hardly ever been exposed. Until we have two top quality CBs and midfielders in front pf them we will continue to ship goals or have to play five at the back, which limits our ability to dominate midfields.

I see in one of the papers today, they were quoting a few of 70m for Nathan Ake. Just shows how the price of CB’s has rocketed in just a couple of weeks...........

it pays to break transfer records first, because as soon as you do the market shifts and you end up spending fortunes on players that aren't the best around. Buy VVD now and he'd be worth £150m never mind £70m. All of which doesn't help us as we have none to sell (that anyone wants) but holes to fill, that will now cost us a fortune.

TBF, I don’t actually recall you being impressed with any of our players. Happy to be corrected. :)

there's not been a lot to shout about other than Bertie in recent seasons, who is absolutely top class by the way and I have repeatedly told anyone that would listen after questioning his signing due to a poor loan spell at Villa. I did suggest Redmond on a HCDAJFU before anyone had ever heard of him and he's a player I enjoy watching. Anyone that can beat a man all hands up should be appreciated even if the end product is suspect, which includes Boufal. I like Ings, even if it was a poor signing IMO. Oh and Valery. He looks like he will be a proper player.

There a long list of players I am not a big fan of, shortened slightly by the departure of Targett, so I can understand why my positive comments may have got lost amongst them

there's not been a lot to shout about other than Bertie in recent seasons, who is absolutely top class by the way and I have repeatedly told anyone that would listen after questioning his signing due to a poor loan spell at Villa. I did suggest Redmond on a HCDAJFU before anyone had ever heard of him and he's a player I enjoy watching. Anyone that can beat a man all hands up should be appreciated even if the end product is suspect, which includes Boufal. I like Ings, even if it was a poor signing IMO. Oh and Valery. He looks like he will be a proper player.

There a long list of players I am not a big fan of, shortened slightly by the departure of Targett, so I can understand why my positive comments may have got lost amongst them

Fair enough

As it stands a couple of players will hopefully be going out on loan, which means that we may be able to bring one in on loan, v late on... but it's doubtful I'm afraid. A lot can change on the last day which is our only hope. A few clubs might panic buy, but even if they do... It leaves us with barely any time. Fingers crossed.

5 out in total by the time the European transfer deadline closes

5 out in total by the time the European transfer deadline closes
Hard to be overly pleased at this unless it allows us to sign someone, which doesnt look at all likely.

The club have said we need to reduce the wage bill to be able to sign more players.

Looks like they will achieve one but not the other, which does not help the first team win more games.