Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Getting more in isn't important to me. Getting more out is. The squad is too bloated for the training /coaching I believe RH wants. This site is obsessed with wanting a new CB but maybe Vestergaard, Yosh and Bednarek properly coached are adequate and that leaves Hoedt and Stepehns on the bench. Surely only the top six are better off.

Hard to be overly pleased at this unless it allows us to sign someone, which doesnt look at all likely.

The club have said we need to reduce the wage bill to be able to sign more players.

Looks like they will achieve one but not the other, which does not help the first team win more games.

Believe we’ve had two ins lined up for over a month just need everything to fall in to place with the outs (don’t need to be permanents outs ) if not we don’t get any in keep your fingers crossed

Believe we’ve had two ins lined up for over a month just need everything to fall in to place with the outs (don’t need to be permanents outs ) if not we don’t get any in keep your fingers crossed
Pretty obvious it's not all going to fall into place by 5pm tomorrow.

Doing transfer deals is not easy, but that doesn't mean that our club are not terrible at planning and executing them. We are truly dreadful at it.

Getting more in isn't important to me. Getting more out is. The squad is too bloated for the training /coaching I believe RH wants. This site is obsessed with wanting a new CB but maybe Vestergaard, Yosh and Bednarek properly coached are adequate and that leaves Hoedt and Stepehns on the bench. Surely only the top six are better off.

I'm sympathetic to the idea that we can make do with what we've got, but this last bit really isn't true.

. This site is obsessed with wanting a new CB but maybe Vestergaard, Yosh and Bednarek properly coached are adequate and that leaves Hoedt and Stepehns on the bench. Surely only the top six are better off.

I suppose denial comes before acceptance.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

It is quite depressing when you see the level of money thrown around in the PL, by clubs who we should be aspiring to at least match competitively. The TV money is usually a huge factor in that, but there are also lots of owners with genuine ambition.

I don't want to be a club who just spend, spend, spend with no real structure, don't get me wrong. But I do want to be a club who is capable and able to get key elements of its squad sorted. This is where an owner should put his hand in his own pocket and help, but that won't happen as he has zero interest in us as a footballing entity - I think that's fairly clear.

If you think about it, we've spent around £45m this summer - 14m of that funded through the sale of Targett and a further 14m from the sale of Gabbi. So, we haven't spent an astronomical amount of money. I'd have hoped there was more there. What we need in the squad isn't a 'nice to have', it's an absolute necessity to have. We really can't tiptoe into a new season with the same failed CB's AGAIN, how many close shaves does the club need?

Continuing lack of investment such as this will lead to us losing a great manager, which will inevitably mean we will slide down the leagues and be in an even worse financial situation. Sometimes owners need to be brave and take a brave gamble, but I honestly don't think we have owners who have the interest or ability to even do that. So, I'll go back to what I've always said, what was the point of the takeover? It's benefited us in no way whatsoever. Cheers Kat.

Great post & sums up my thoughts exactly. I don’t understand the blind support of an owner who has little interest in the club and the naive optimism from fans, then the massively arrogant attitudes attacking any dissenting voice. Sadly, the past few years of abject failure have culminating in pushing my patience, hence my rather chastising posts against the club management. I’ve been ground down. I see what the club are doing. Playing games and taking the p*ss quite frankly.

The club seem to have beaten any standards out of many fans, if they ever had any. I’ve always been a supporter that supports a club that produces, at a minimum, competitive football. We all have different expectations &, as we age, some, including me, become less tolerant of the prevaricating bullsh*t of an disinterested owner & disingenuous club who seemingly treat fans with mild contempt. Look at how far we have fallen in a few short seasons of the most dire, incompetent management?! Surely a record breaking fall from grace.

We have one day left so I will judge tomorrow but look at the clubs whom should be our main competitors. We fall well short of them. Wolves. West Ham. Watford. Everton. Newcastle. Christ, Bournemouth have surpassed us. Brighton nearly finished above us. That’s unacceptable considering we were beating City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs & the rest a few seasons back. We were in a cup final when Gabbi scores his hatrick. Now look at us.

Since Tadic left, then Gabbiadini, Gardos, Pied, Davis, Matt Targett, Jordy Clasie, Sam Gallagher all moved on.

Then we signed a keeper, Vestergaard (who we needed) & 2 pretty hopeless attackers in Carillo and Elyounoussi. Armstrong a cheap squad player of little consequence imho. Earlier signings, Lemina was decent & started superbly but got injured & fell out of favour. Essentially, under Gao more have left than come in.

Then I get deriding for being p*ssed off & expecting at least one solid defender (ideally a DM too) considering the money now involved in this league. Am I living in a parallel world full of people with no standards & ambition?! We can and should bring in more quality. We are not a strong squad. We need the lynch pins of quality for these exciting youth prospects to learn from. Klarer. Ramello Mitchell. Etc.

Tomorrow is a key day Saints. What gets me so angry is how the club try and engineer fan opinion and keep going back on their word and they have definitely made out that we would be signing more in this window in earlier press releases and general chat and they constantly shape shift & move the goal posts. When Ralph arrived, certain promises were made and words said. I remember them clearly even if everyone else doesn’t. Under Gao, it has always been a case of the next transfer window, too expensive in January, the next transfer window. We have to sell to buy. Let’s have a preseason to build and let Ralph build his squad. Call me cynical but I’m fairly sure RalphRalph building his own squad wasn’t intended to be solely Djenepo and Adams. This club mislead, prevaricate, dangle the carrot, go back on their word and change their tune more than Boris bloody Johnson!!

2 signings is woefully short. 3 with Ings. Yes, we still have a large group of unwanted players we need to shift but that doesn’t take away the fact we need to bring in some quality too which we have failed to do in any number for consecutive windows.

We should expect more and I can’t think of many PL clubs that have slumped so fast and so dramatically. We went from 6th/8th/10th and competing in Europe...then lost our comprehensive and competent management team, then Kat took over and decimated the club. Les was left without supervision & we will be years recovering from his mess. We all agree on that. Surely. Ralph K inept and clueless and of no use at all in a PL capacity. The rest of the board have little or no football prowess and no-one seems to want to lead by example. There is a media blackout. The board have no interest in the football and I don’t see who oversees & controls the management. Ross?! We seem in disarray. The scouting network seems to have diminished hugely. The investment in that area has clearly gone. We need leadership. We need financial backing.

Kat sold out the ownership to a joker who has no interest in the sport, more interest in property (as is his background which the club must have known all along). Gao has asset stripped much of the squad. Let’s hope he can part with some of his billions to at least buy a decent defender tomorrow. If we don’t bring anyone in, I’ve lost all hope with this Chinese charlatan whom was brought into the club under a tissue of lies and false promises. We don’t deserve to remain in the league if we can’t actually competitively recruit.

I love Saints but I won’t support this owner & part with my hard earned money if he’s not willing to part with his. As Clarkie so astutely intimates, how many close shaves does it take these morons to bloody realise? We never learn and never capitalise or take advantage of a situation. Ralph won’t stay patient forever and he’s wise enough to know there will be much easier jobs around for more money, less hassle and much better financial support. Even from close rivals. Then we will bemoan the club board & we will lose yet another good manager who we will watch go on to achieve great success elsewhere.

Am I wrong for wanting just a little slice of success or is that too much to expect?!

My grumblings are based on our club investing a small amount of money as we have barely spent a penny in PL terms. How much is the TV money now? We sign one or two key players and all my reservations will disappear. Much has culminated to this mindset and to this point, the final day of the transfer window. Time for Gao to put up or f*ck off.

Great post & sums up my thoughts exactly. I don’t understand the blind support of an owner who has little interest in the club and the naive optimism from fans, then the massively arrogant attitudes attacking any dissenting voice. Sadly, the past few years of abject failure have culminating in pushing my patience, hence my rather chastising posts against the club management. I’ve been ground down. I see what the club are doing. Playing games and taking the p*ss quite frankly.

The club seem to have beaten any standards out of many fans, if they ever had any. I’ve always been a supporter that supports a club that produces, at a minimum, competitive football. We all have different expectations &, as we age, some, including me, become less tolerant of the prevaricating bullsh*t of an disinterested owner & disingenuous club who seemingly treat fans with mild contempt. Look at how far we have fallen in a few short seasons of the most dire, incompetent management?! Surely a record breaking fall from grace.

We have one day left so I will judge tomorrow but look at the clubs whom should be our main competitors. We fall well short of them. Wolves. West Ham. Watford. Everton. Newcastle. Christ, Bournemouth have surpassed us. Brighton nearly finished above us. That’s unacceptable considering we were beating City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs & the rest a few seasons back. We were in a cup final when Gabbi scores his hatrick. Now look at us.

Since Tadic left, then Gabbiadini, Gardos, Pied, Davis, Matt Targett, Jordy Clasie, Sam Gallagher all moved on.

Then we signed a keeper, Vestergaard (who we needed) & 2 pretty hopeless attackers in Carillo and Elyounoussi. Armstrong a cheap squad player of little consequence imho. Earlier signings, Lemina was decent & started superbly but got injured & fell out of favour. Essentially, under Gao more have left than come in.

Then I get deriding for being p*ssed off & expecting at least one solid defender (ideally a DM too) considering the money now involved in this league. Am I living in a parallel world full of people with no standards & ambition?! We can and should bring in more quality. We are not a strong squad. We need the lynch pins of quality for these exciting youth prospects to learn from. Klarer. Ramello Mitchell. Etc.

Tomorrow is a key day Saints. What gets me so angry is how the club try and engineer fan opinion and keep going back on their word and they have definitely made out that we would be signing more in this window in earlier press releases and general chat and they constantly shape shift & move the goal posts. When Ralph arrived, certain promises were made and words said. I remember them clearly even if everyone else doesn’t. Under Gao, it has always been a case of the next transfer window, too expensive in January, the next transfer window. We have to sell to buy. Let’s have a preseason to build and let Ralph build his squad. Call me cynical but I’m fairly sure RalphRalph building his own squad wasn’t intended to be solely Djenepo and Adams. This club mislead, prevaricate, dangle the carrot, go back on their word and change their tune more than Boris bloody Johnson!!

2 signings is woefully short. 3 with Ings. Yes, we still have a large group of unwanted players we need to shift but that doesn’t take away the fact we need to bring in some quality too which we have failed to do in any number for consecutive windows.

We should expect more and I can’t think of many PL clubs that have slumped so fast and so dramatically. We went from 6th/8th/10th and competing in Europe...then lost our comprehensive and competent management team, then Kat took over and decimated the club. Les was left without supervision & we will be years recovering from his mess. We all agree on that. Surely. Ralph K inept and clueless and of no use at all in a PL capacity. The rest of the board have little or no football prowess and no-one seems to want to lead by example. There is a media blackout. The board have no interest in the football and I don’t see who oversees & controls the management. Ross?! We seem in disarray. The scouting network seems to have diminished hugely. The investment in that area has clearly gone. We need leadership. We need financial backing.

Kat sold out the ownership to a joker who has no interest in the sport, more interest in property (as is his background which the club must have known all along). Gao has asset stripped much of the squad. Let’s hope he can part with some of his billions to at least buy a decent defender tomorrow. If we don’t bring anyone in, I’ve lost all hope with this Chinese charlatan whom was brought into the club under a tissue of lies and false promises. We don’t deserve to remain in the league if we can’t actually competitively recruit.

I love Saints but I won’t support this owner & part with my hard earned money if he’s not willing to part with his. As Clarkie so astutely intimates, how many close shaves does it take these morons to bloody realise? We never learn and never capitalise or take advantage of a situation. Ralph won’t stay patient forever and he’s wise enough to know there will be much easier jobs around for more money, less hassle and much better financial support. Even from close rivals. Then we will bemoan the club board & we will lose yet another good manager who we will watch go on to achieve great success elsewhere.

Am I wrong for wanting just a little slice of success or is that too much to expect?!

My grumblings are based on our club investing a small amount of money as we have barely spent a penny in PL terms. How much is the TV money now? We sign one or two key players and all my reservations will disappear. Much has culminated to this mindset and to this point, the final day of the transfer window. Time for Gao to put up or f*ck off.

What exactly has Gao done wrong? If anything blame the fat b!tch who undid everything her father put in place, since Gao arrived the incompetent clowns who ran us into the ground have been fired, Hasenhüttl has been hired and other changes have been made at board level the effectiveness of which we won't know for a few years yet, after all, our best seasons came when the club was already being ripped apart, it just took time for the incompetence at board level to effect happens on the pitch. We can't spend because we are loaded with overpaid wasters clogging our wage bill, Gao isn't to blame for that since we didn't hire the people responsible for signing them. He won't put his own money in? We get 150m a season FFS! Surely that should be enough if well spent and only the sovereign wealth fund from an oil rich country would be able to pump enough money in to make a difference, most owners in this league don't put their own money in either, in fact quite a few take money out and there is no sign of Gao doing that.

So again, what is it that Gao has done that is so heinous? Would you rather have the fat Paris Hilton and her idiot sidekicks back? Because at least now we seem to be set on making better use of whatever money we do have instead of p!ssing it all away on a new contract for Forster.

Pretty obvious it's not all going to fall into place by 5pm tomorrow.

Doing transfer deals is not easy, but that doesn't mean that our club are not terrible at planning and executing them. We are truly dreadful at it.

This is the situation I sadly see happening tomorrow. I really do hope we are wrong & a little part of me will hold some form of optimism like many of our fans manage to muster in the most adverse of situations.

Chez makes some good points about the squad so at least some people watch the same games as me. Faz seems surprised some aren’t overly impressed by the squad. Maybe there is another St Mary‘s in the upsidedown where the squad are world class. We are weak Faz. League positions tell you something.

Djenepo is an unknown quantity but he could be exciting. Adams excites me. I hope Redmond improves further and I would love to see Boufal mprove under Ralph because there is definitely potential there. However, Romeu’s legs are gone and we desperately need some steel at the back. That has been clear for too long and we will continue to throw away games if this isn’t addressed. We need bulldozers in central defence and defensive midfield. In fact, the scouts should make it an obsession!!

You can’t help but laugh at some of the chastising comments but more so when people lament “a site obsession with a centre back” which is pretty much our main, defensive frailty but don’t let reality get in the way of a barbed comment. lol We have a weak central defence. We do not have a single, strong CB partnership. Yosh has qualities, Bednarek has qualities but both have clear faults. As does Vestergaard. Or does Ralph use 3 at the back with 2 wingbacks because he thinks our defence is rock solid? Unbelievable f**kwittery!! LMAO

What exactly has Gao done wrong? If anything blame the fat b!tch who undid everything her father put in place, since Gao arrived the incompetent clowns who ran us into the ground have been fired, Hasenhüttl has been hired and other changes have been made at board level the effectiveness of which we won't know for a few years yet, after all, our best seasons came when the club was already being ripped apart, it just took time for the incompetence at board level to effect happens on the pitch. We can't spend because we are loaded with overpaid wasters clogging our wage bill, Gao isn't to blame for that since we didn't hire the people responsible for signing them. He won't put his own money in? We get 150m a season FFS! Surely that should be enough if well spent and only the sovereign wealth fund from an oil rich country would be able to pump enough money in to make a difference, most owners in this league don't put their own money in either, in fact quite a few take money out and there is no sign of Gao doing that.

So again, what is it that Gao has done that is so heinous? Would you rather have the fat Paris Hilton and her idiot sidekicks back? Because at least now we seem to be set on making better use of whatever money we do have instead of p!ssing it all away on a new contract for Forster.

Just bring in a couple of players of quality. Kat decimated us but clearly sold us a lie. He’s no interest in the club. If he wanted to hold on to his investment you would think he would put some of the television money into the bloody club because you can’t say we don’t need it. I can only comment on how the media has been done since Gao’s arrival and the club has been very disingenuous and missed fans. He had a mess to sort out but he hasn’t done a great deal other than remove people. Recent management changes aren’t reported much. If he made some sort of statement to the fan it would be a bonus but I find the lack of communication contemptuous. Most fans I know aren’t overly happy with Gao so you’re contrary to the opinion of those regarding our ownership. Still, opinions vary.

Just watching SSN getting moist as deadline day is at last here - seems clubs like Palace and Everton have turned every sofa upside down and Money is falling out, and they are hell bent of buying all sorts of odds and sods like a kid who has found a fiver in the street and run into Mrs Miggins Sweetie Emporium, obviously the Palace pockets are bulging with Wan-Bisaka money.

Couldn't quite work out if Zaha is going for £100m!!! If he does go for that then Football has indeed become an obscene farce.

Sideshow Bob - Chelsea to Arsenal...............Weird!

Just bring in a couple of players of quality. Kat decimated us but clearly sold us a lie. He’s no interest in the club. If he wanted to hold on to his investment you would think he would put some of the television money into the bloody club because you can’t say we don’t need it. I can only comment on how the media has been done since Gao’s arrival and the club has been very disingenuous and missed fans. He had a mess to sort out but he hasn’t done a great deal other than remove people. Recent management changes aren’t reported much. If he made some sort of statement to the fan it would be a bonus but I find the lack of communication contemptuous. Most fans I know aren’t overly happy with Gao so you’re contrary to the opinion of those regarding our ownership. Still, opinions vary.

Put some of the television money? ALL OF THE TELEVISION MONEY IS ALREADY BEING SPENT! How do you think we can pay Forster and Austin millions a year to do nothing without going bankrupt? Other clubs with similar revenue can afford to spend more than us because they don't have their income tied up on worthless crap the way we do. He has no interest in the club? You know that how? At least he bought the club himself so he must have some interest, he could have just spent the money on hookers and cocaine instead. Hasn't done a great deal? Krueger, Reed and Hughes are gone Hasenhüttl is here, we won't know how good the people now making the decisions are for a few seasons yet (Cortese was removed in Jan 2014 but it was only some 3 years later that the consequences became clear) and sorting out the mess in the playing squad is going to take time until contracts start running out, it's not like we haven't tried getting rid of them but no one will pay what we are paying so they refuse to leave and we are stuck with them. Hasn't said much? Krueger had a lot to say, can't say I miss it. Actions speak louder than words, if the club starts being run like it was between July 2009 and Jan 2014 again I don't care if I never hear a word from him.

Put some of the television money? ALL OF THE TELEVISION MONEY IS ALREADY BEING SPENT! How do you think we can pay Forster and Austin millions a year to do nothing without going bankrupt? Other clubs with similar revenue can afford to spend more than us because they don't have their income tied up on worthless crap the way we do. He has no interest in the club? You know that how? At least he bought the club himself so he must have some interest, he could have just spent the money on hookers and cocaine instead. Hasn't done a great deal? Krueger, Reed and Hughes are gone Hasenhüttl is here, we won't know how good the people now making the decisions are for a few seasons yet (Cortese was removed in Jan 2014 but it was only some 3 years later that the consequences became clear) and sorting out the mess in the playing squad is going to take time until contracts start running out, it's not like we haven't tried getting rid of them but no one will pay what we are paying so they refuse to leave and we are stuck with them. Hasn't said much? Krueger had a lot to say, can't say I miss it. Actions speak louder than words, if the club starts being run like it was between July 2009 and Jan 2014 again I don't care if I never hear a word from him.

This ^

Maybe in terms of quantity of player, but of the five CBs we have there are two that I don't want to see on the pitch at any time. God help us if they play together again.

Since Ralph ahs come here,

Gabbi

Davis

Clasie

Sims

Targett

Gallagher

Have all gone

What is happening now is more of the same. There is a reason why we usually win the net spend trophy!

Other clubs (like very other season) pay wages (higher wages in most cases) and buy players above our ridiculous threshold.

We may as well go down as if we cannot compete with Leicester and Bournemouth in the transfer market, what is the point.

What is more tragic, we have a brilliant manager and he gets two new players over two windows. Very poor

The list above does not take into account the outward loans in Jan with a view to bring in a player for Ralph.

Edited by Batman

Gabbi

Davis

Clasie

Sims

Targett

Gallagher

Have all gone

What is happening now is more of the same. There is a reason why we usually win the net spend trophy!

Other clubs (like very other season) pay wages (higher wages in most cases) and buy players above our ridiculous threshold.

We may as well go down as if we cannot compete with Leicester and Bournemouth in the transfer market, what is the point.

What is more tragic, we have a brilliant manager and he gets two new players over two windows. Very poor

The list above does not take into account the outward loans in Jan with a view to bring in a player for Ralph.

Difference is they have ownership with money to spend.

Why go down do you think we could compete with some of the clubs spending down there with our wage bill it would be financially crippling.

If we cannot shift players now how would we there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why go down do you think we could compete with some of the clubs spending down there with our wage bill it would be financially crippling.

it was a flippant point about going down.

Look at newcastle. Continued mass-protests against Ashley, yet they routine spend more than us, despite having the so-called tightest chairman/owner in the league

Our fans will just clap politely and point out we have to pay agent fees etc

But in reality we will go down very soon if every year, the list of sides we financially compete against gets smaller.

Edited by Batman

Look at newcastle. Continued mass-protests against Ashley, yet they routine spend more than us, despite having the so-called tightest chairman/owner in the league

But in reality we will go down very soon if every year, the list of sides we financially compete against gets smaller.

This - someone actually talking sense. Our fanbase continues to defend the owners. Didn't spend it Jan and all the Gao lovers professed it was because we would spend big in the summer..... Hassenhutl seemed pretty sure at the fans forum that we would sig ln more players. He openly said he cant play his favoured formation as we didn't have the right players ( basically meaning the defenders in situ are not good enough) and it is looking likely after a whole summer window that he will still need to play 5 at the back. Let's see how long the gaffer hangs around if promises are broken. Let's hope for a good deadline day or I fear things may start to unravel

Newcastle do not routinely spend more than us. Somewhat undermines your argument. We will also come nowhere near winning the mythical “net spend” trophy.

Gabbi

Davis

Clasie

Sims

Targett

Gallagher

Have all gone

This - someone actually talking sense. Our fanbase continues to defend the owners. Didn't spend it Jan and all the Gao lovers professed it was because we would spend big in the summer..... Hassenhutl seemed pretty sure at the fans forum that we would sig ln more players. He openly said he cant play his favoured formation as we didn't have the right players ( basically meaning the defenders in situ are not good enough) and it is looking likely after a whole summer window that he will still need to play 5 at the back. Let's see how long the gaffer hangs around if promises are broken. Let's hope for a good deadline day or I fear things may start to unravel

So what do you suggest are you and Batman organising the March or buying tickets to the next fans forum to tell them?

No shirts, squad numbers, I don’t have my season ticket yet, a sponsor that is hardly credible, no defensive recruitment , worst shirt ever....I haven’t seen many defend the owners but what do you suggest we do I’m behind you with my torch.

So what do you suggest are you and Batman organising the March or buying tickets to the next fans forum to tell them?

No shirts, squad numbers, I don’t have my season ticket yet, a sponsor that is hardly credible, no defensive recruitment , worst shirt ever....I haven’t seen many defend the owners but what do you suggest we do I’m behind you with my torch.

This is a forum about saints where you post opinions. It's my opinion that if we don't sign a cb this summer has essentially been a failure. I'm not going to do anything about it other than express my disappointment on here and talk to others about the situation. There isn't anything that we can do although if we get relegated I can imagine similar protests to what we had under Lowe.

Wind you neck in you complete bell! We need a couple of players in the real world of lateral thinking fans and I'm sure Gao can afford it. Hey, sign no-one else and see where we end up. We need defensive steel and unless we get that, we will throw more games away stupidly. Carry on being a Gao apologist but I am not a fan of him so accept it and get over it. Until he shows some intention and commitment, or even addresses the fans, I will remain a critic. He's brought nothing to the table so far but you climb back up his a*se where it's safe and warm. There is a possibility he brought the club as a bargaining chip for acquiring real estate judging by the dockside interest and land enquiries but no-one really knows his intentions. All I know is Kat decimated all the good work her father did in a year. Seems Gao has more interest in land acquisition than football or have I missed some reassuring mission statement he shared with the fan base as to his intentions to move the club forward?! Oh!!!!! Wait. No!!!

Let's hope today isn't potless as we will have swapped one problem at one end of the pitch (lack of attacking prowess) for another, leaking goals at the other end and throwing away games. Sorry if that realisation scares you.

Totally. Most people I speak to are highly dubious and very sceptical about the way the club is being run. In fact I'd go as far as to say that no one I know is backing the owners.

No idea where that chap got the idea that "our fanbase continues to defend the owners" because it's not true in the slightest.

Fanbase does not equal a few weirdos on the internet.

This is a forum about saints where you post opinions. It's my opinion that if we don't sign a cb this summer has essentially been a failure. I'm not going to do anything about it other than express my disappointment on here and talk to others about the situation. There isn't anything that we can do although if we get relegated I can imagine similar protests to what we had under Lowe.

Yep and I totally agree but there is sweet FA we can do but his opening post moaning about fans supporting board is wrong.

If we don’t get a defender in I’ll moan too...but we are paying the price for 3 years shocking decisions.

Carillo ....still winds me up

Goa loves the passion. Keep it up.

Wind you neck in you complete bell! We need a couple of players in the real world of lateral thinking fans and I'm sure Gao can afford it. Hey, sign no-one else and see where we end up. We need defensive steel and unless we get that, we will throw more games away stupidly. Carry on being a Gao apologist but I am not a fan of him so accept it and get over it. Until he shows some intention and commitment, or even addresses the fans, I will remain a critic. He's brought nothing to the table so far but you climb back up his a*se where it's safe and warm. There is a possibility he brought the club as a bargaining chip for acquiring real estate judging by the dockside interest and land enquiries but no-one really knows his intentions. All I know is Kat decimated all the good work her father did in a year. Seems Gao has more interest in land acquisition than football or have I missed some reassuring mission statement he shared with the fan base as to his intentions to move the club forward?! Oh!!!!! Wait. No!!!

Let's hope today isn't potless as we will have swapped one problem at one end of the pitch (lack of attacking prowess) for another, leaking goals at the other end and throwing away games. Sorry if that realisation scares you.

Unnecessarily abusive. He, like you, is entitled to his opinion.

Maybe the manager has got a tune out of Hoedt and is happy with the CBs we have. Supporters always want to buy buy buy, and not work with what we have.

Well, that's one possibility!!

I don't thi k supporters want to buy buy buy

We have needed a CB for the last two windows

Going into the season once again with Stephens so close (or even in) to the team is ridiculous

I think the signing of Adams is very good. Unsure on Djenepo given boufal is back in the game.

But like signing Gunn when we had forster and Mccarthy to then appear to be limited in addressing more important areas of the pitch

Hey ho.

Everything wrong about our spoiled/entitled fans right there. Someone challenges your forceful opinion and they're labelled a "complete bell". Classy. You then support you position that we should supplement our 35+ man squad (costing us six figure millions in transfer fees and about the same in wages year on year) with more players. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Then you argue that we should do that because you're "sure" (no doubt there then) that Gao can afford it. Have a little think about that - how can you be sure that he can afford it, and more to the point, as an owner of a business why should he be expected to put his hand in his pocket to buy the club (not himself) another player? What's in it for him? Will he get his money back? This naive thinking that owners can and should just put money into a club is pathetic. Of course he doesn't have to, but if he were on the fence, the current value of a lot of our recent acquisitions against the cost and wages is hardly gonna convince the fella that chucking cash at a player is a good investment for his money. We have to be run sensibly, and anyone with a modicum of sense can see that means shifting several off the books before we can spend proper money on new players.

And the boring borong apologists pop up to moan at entitled fans for daring to be disappointed about our transfer dealings. Happens at the end of every window without fail.

"Boring apologists". Behave. The majority of people have enough sense to want more but be realistic about the mess that Les has left us in.

And the boring borong apologists pop up to moan at entitled fans for daring to be disappointed about our transfer dealings. Happens at the end of every window without fail.

Why though....isn’t that the big problem?

Our recruiting has been abysmal and why now we are likely to be disappointed again

I don't thi k supporters want to buy buy buy

We have needed a CB for the last two windows

Going into the season once again with Stephens so close (or even in) to the team is ridiculous

I think the signing of Adams is very good. Unsure on Djenepo given boufal is back in the game.

But like signing Gunn when we had forster and Mccarthy to then appear to be limited in addressing more important areas of the pitch

Hey ho.

Thing is we’ve signed two CBs in back to back summer windows; we just can’t afford the fees that CBs now command, not least as its now arguably the most inflated part of the market. If we’re not going to properly budget for the position, there really is no point gambling on a raw £15-20m CB and the abilities of our recruitment department.

Thing is we’ve signed two CBs in back to back summer windows; we just can’t afford the fees that CBs now command, not least as its now arguably the most inflated part of the market. If we’re not going to properly budget for the position, there really is no point gambling on another raw £15-20m CB and the abilities of our recruitment department.

:thumbup:

Thing is we’ve signed two CBs in back to back summer windows; we just can’t afford the fees that CBs now command, not least as its now arguably the most inflated part of the market. If we’re not going to properly budget for the position, there really is no point gambling on a raw £15-20m CB and the abilities of our recruitment department.

☝️?

Does that mean we will not be signing a CB in the near future? Prices will not be dropping any time soon.

If one is on the cheap, the wages demanded will be higher

If I am included in a boring apologist camp, I look at things pragmatically. Shurlock's post was pretty spot on, and if we can work with what we have, maybe that is what we have to do. I take on board Batman's thoughts on Stephens, but I haven't completely written him off (yet!). It does, as mentioned, rather depends on whether the manager can get Hoedt playing. Let's not forget, that at one stage he was being picked for the Netherlands.

Does that mean we will not be signing a CB in the near future? Prices will not be dropping any time soon.

If one is on the cheap, the wages demanded will be higher

Maybe the plan is to use Hoedt or Bertrand and Klarer if we keep Cedric to play on left with Vokins as cover coming in slowly Bertrand is good option in back 3?

Edited by Give it to Ron

Exactly, the problem we have now is due to the bloke who is now in charge at the FA!!My god all the good the national team has done will unravel with him at the top. No doubt he is passing his coaching manual out to all at the National centre. To give multi million pound contracts to players who to the dimmest judge could see they were not worth it was madness.We are now saddled with these overpaid players who will not find another club easily, unless we pay most of the wages.

You could equally say the boring boring casual spenders moan that saints don’t do more transfer business. Happens every window without fail.

You could equally say the boring boring casual spenders moan that saints don’t do more transfer business. Happens every window without fail.
Lol. We've needed a decent cb for three windows. Entirely predictable that certain posters call others unrealistic for hoping for the bare minimum. Watch us throw away a load of points again this season duebto this glaring and obvious weakness.

Of we do not sign a quality CB we can only hope that Ralph has wielded his magic on Hoedt. I never thought he was horrendous, more that his decision making was. We will see. And maybe Klarer is the breakthrough player this season!

I expect Stephen's to go on loan and hope he does because that would make me feel alot easier when waiting for team lineup each game!!!