Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

£34m worth of players signed so far and only 15th June.

Knock off £15m for Gabbi and probably a bit more for the Hoedt/Cedric/Boufal/Clasie/Davis/Carrillo loans.

I'm not saying we're skint but it's hardly as if we've dug deep in our pockets either.

So we haven't spent £34m then like you insinuated

Pretty common for media and fans to add up the total value of the transfer regardless of the payment plan. Most transfers if for Saints, Man City, PSG or a League One side will be paid in instalments.

If you buy a house you say you bought it for the total fee you will eventually pay, not your mortgage payment for the year.

Pretty common for media and fans to add up the total value of the transfer regardless of the payment plan. Most transfers if for Saints, Man City, PSG or a League One side will be paid in instalments.

If you buy a house you say you bought it for the total fee you will eventually pay, not your mortgage payment for the year.

Why are you arguing with yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Rogic linked today. Personally would be really happy with this- quite low risk in terms of cash to get him I would imagine for a creative attacking midfielder. Did not have the best season for Celtic because of injuries and then came back into the side and was off the pace. But he probably needs a new challenge anyway so the timing would be very good for his career. The talent side is not in question. The biggest question is whether he can get his match fitness to complete 90 minutes and whether he could fit into our pressing game. That bit I am unconvinced about. But he could be our Tadic replacement (a year too late). A bit of pure creativity could really give our squad a boost.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/15/have-celtic-opened-the-door-for-southampton-to-sign-tom-rogic/

No thanks. Championship player like Armstrong.

Strictly speaking you would say you bought it for the money you paid plus the money you borrowed, not the total amount you will pay including interest....

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

£34m worth of players signed so far and only 15th June.

Surely the Ings fee was negotiated and prepared for last year, considering that it was reported as compulsory. It seemed as if it was a case of a ‘loan’ to beat the clock

But if we are saying we’ve spent 34m ‘this year’ I would suggest our scouting department is no better than its been for the past few years, 20m for Ings is daylight robbery and from what Ive seen, read of Djenepo I can’t see him being a regular starter.

Maybe it’s an FFP issue, (which could only be wage based due to our transfer incomings and TV rights over the last 3 years) in which case there is a reset at the start of July, so all being rosy in your world we’ll be fine ?

Alternatively we could have been taken on by a chinese chancer more concerned with milking what is left after Katerina had her share and doing the minimum to keep us in the prem ?

Turnbull's agent is Liam O'Donnell (well, officially it's the the prolegal group but he heads it up)- same as Armstrong so he's used to dealing with us.

Interesting. Still no other outlets running the news though.

He suits our criteria, but this relies on FI being right...

I remember thinking at that time that Long had played a lot of minutes without even a sight of a goalscoring chance. Surely thats not a coincidence?

maybe, but I think you might have to take the opponents into account. Fulham and Huddersfield were bloody terrible.

Turnbull's agent is Liam O'Donnell (well, officially it's the the prolegal group but he heads it up)- same as Armstrong so he's used to dealing with us.

two footed player. Looks good in the clips I've seen. Unusual to turn Celtic down based on wages isn't it?

If Turnbulls that good then whys he now llinked with Wednesday. We need a real leader in the defence, this guy just doesnt seem the no1 starter. Replacement for Stephens and squad player possibly but no more than that

he's a midfielder not a centre back, but championship does seem a more likely destination.

3m is a risk free punt these days - would be worth a go on his video and loan him back to the Championship/SPL. Would be funny is he turned Celtic down straight for the Championship though.

Any news of anyone leaving us? We have a massive senior squad and worried its affecting our ability to bring in players due to the wage amounts.

3m is a risk free punt these days - would be worth a go on his video and loan him back to the Championship/SPL. Would be funny is he turned Celtic down straight for the Championship though.

Any news of anyone leaving us? We have a massive senior squad and worried its affecting our ability to bring in players due to the wage amounts.

Nothing concrete. Check their respective threads, but Targett / Carrillo / Reed / Clasie / McCarthy have been linked with moves away.

Need a striker & a centre-back without doubt.

Defensive midfield or right-back cover depending how Ralph views our options.

not saying we don't need all of those, but if Boufal is not going to be brought back into the fold then we still need another creative dribbler, with flair and pace. Someone that can beat a man and create something out of nothing. That final third of the pitch needs more pace, power and 'scariness'.

That said, if we buy a player in any position I'd be happy as we need upgrades throughout the squad. If it was possible to ship players out relatively easy (like on a computer game) then I'd swap about 10-15

Edited by Chez

Former skate.

Having checked on Wikipedia.

So what are you saying? Dont sign him?

Regardless of anyone's ability to improve our team should we not sign him if he has played for Portsmouth?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So what are you saying? Dont sign him?

Regardless of anyone's ability to improve our team should we not sign him if he has played for Portsmouth?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not saying that, just pointing out where he had previously played. Some of our former players with Portsmouth connections have of course come good for us, most famous of all Bobby Stokes.

Interesting comments reported from Ralph, seeking players under 24. This would support our interest in Webster for example, but rule out Orban and Pontus Jansson (speculated on yet again this summer).

Although the idea of signing the younger players is an good option, I think we could do with experience in goal, and possibly MF to direct things. Availability of the players capable of making the difference in the positions and falling within our budget is another matter of course.

Interesting comments reported from Ralph, seeking players under 24. This would support our interest in Webster for example, but rule out Orban and Pontus Jansson (speculated on yet again this summer).

Although the idea of signing the younger players is an good option, I think we could do with experience in goal, and possibly MF to direct things. Availability of the players capable of making the difference in the positions and falling within our budget is another matter of course.

On other thread

I can see us withdrawing our offer now in return for first refusal or a compulsory purchase of him in a year's time. Gentleman's agreement.

Why would we do that? Here you go Celtic, you buy him now for £3M and we will buy him from you next season for £10M

I can see us withdrawing our offer now in return for first refusal or a compulsory purchase of him in a year's time. Gentleman's agreement.

Maybe, once Turnbull's agent had seen our magnificent offer (assuming we are in for him and have made a magnificent offer), he determined it wasn't as magnificent as Celtic's magnificent offer?

On other thread

Whilst I agree with the idea of having experience in key positions, one positive I take from Ralph's under 24s only rule is that it seems as if he's planning on being here for 3-4 years to grow a team himself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'd say centre back(someone to organise the defence) was the one position someone at top end of 24 bracket or above might be needed

Van Dijk would have been about 24 i guess when we signed him.

In goal we've got Gunn, who i can't see us wanting to supplant him with an older goalkeeper and in midfield Hojberg is already our captain.

Always a bit suspicious of strikers from Scotland, in the same way that many strikers in the Dutch league aren't quite as good as their stats suggest. I suppose the advantage of Turnbull is that he is young and we can legitimately use the pathway that the likes of Van Dijk, Wanyama etc have gone through to tempt him (in addition to the wage he will get compared to Celtic).

£5m bid would be relatively risk free - if it doesn't work out, there will plenty of Championship clubs or Celtic who would be keen to have him at that price.

Always a bit suspicious of strikers from Scotland, in the same way that many strikers in the Dutch league aren't quite as good as their stats suggest. I suppose the advantage of Turnbull is that he is young and we can legitimately use the pathway that the likes of Van Dijk, Wanyama etc have gone through to tempt him (in addition to the wage he will get compared to Celtic).

£5m bid would be relatively risk free - if it doesn't work out, there will plenty of Championship clubs or Celtic who would be keen to have him at that price.

Apparently a midfielder...so...

I'd say centre back(someone to organise the defence) was the one position someone at top end of 24 bracket or above might be needed

Van Dijk would have been about 24 i guess when we signed him.

In goal we've got Gunn, who i can't see us wanting to supplant him with an older goalkeeper and in midfield Hojberg is already our captain.

Tend to agree that centre back (and probably also Goalkeeper) is a position that favours more experienced players. Not saying a younger player can't be good, but I'd prefer us to make an exception on the age thing for CB if we find one good enough.

I hope blooming not. We can not operate with only one rwb in the squad.

Depends how much they rate Ramsay, and also depending on the system we play next year, one of Stephens, Reed, JWP can fill in there, though far from ideal. And obviously depends who is here come the start of the season. I'd much rather use the money to strengthen at CB or ST where we are way more desperate.

Tick tock. Any decent centre backs linked yet? We're gonna fudge this, aren't we?

Yep clearly, we totally are. Bunch of screw ups. I mean, the FIFA transfer window has been open one whole week and we've done nothing in that time. (Apart from confirming Djenepo of course but that's irrelevant.) We should write off the next nearly 8 whole weeks and use the squad we have, Hoedt, Carrillo, Clasie et al.

:rolleyes: