Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Revised to 3 nearly out the door

Loans or permanents?

Not sure but enough for us to bring in 2

Would have to assume it's something like the Lemina deal (or similar) for us to bring in 2 players & like LeG said, the incoming could be a loan with an obligation to buy like the Ings deal.

We shall see. Fingers-crossed Ross can work some magic.

Would have to assume it's something like the Lemina deal (or similar) for us to bring in 2 players & like LeG said, the incoming could be a loan with an obligation to buy like the Ings deal.

We shall see. Fingers-crossed Ross can work some magic.

Hoedt to Koln

Post #2766

The scout apparently all but revealed that personal terms are being agreed and a deal all but done.

Pinch of salt atm but still thought worth mentioning.

Feel free to browse any past posts of mine.

Nah, too busy watching your avatar.

Post #2766

The scout apparently all but revealed that personal terms are being agreed and a deal all but done.

Pinch of salt atm but still thought worth mentioning.

Feel free to browse any past posts of mine.

Is this a permanent deal or a loan for Hoedt?

I've always thought that Armstrong is an asset to the side. Unspectacular, unfashionable but does the simple stuff well and effective. I'd want us to make space for him to at least be available off the bench.

Dare I say Steven Davis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dare I say Steven Davis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only completely different.

Davis' main strong points for us were that he always played with his head up, he rarely lost possession and he managed to keep the ball in tight areas then move it on to someone else. He was generally reluctant to shoot and tended to take an extra touch and thus lose the chance to have a shot. His first touch was decent and he got through most of his work in the middle areas of the pitch.

Armstrong tends to play with his head down. This means that he can to be slow to make decisions which means he loses the ball far more frequently. He has a powerful shot and tries to shoot early, often going for first time efforts. He takes players on by knocking the ball past them or trying a one-two. He mostly plays out wide for us.

Nice to see links, but taking a player on loan for a season to develop him for another team doesn't seem like something we would do.

But bringing in an u21 on loan gives Ralph the opportunity to strengthen without having to shift anyone out of the 25 man squad. Thing is, is he better than Klarer, not really a fan of very young CBs, experience e is all important in that position.

It might be if it’s the only way to strengthen due to financial reasons.

Our financial problems seem to be more related to wages than transfer fees; if 3 players are leaving that should help matters a bit.

Saying that, this guy seems to be on about £5k/week so wouldn't make much of a dent in our budget.

Can’t really see the point in developing a youngster for Barca if after a season he goes back to them.

Not like we keep them for more than one or 2 seasons anyway if they are good.

No risk as well if it doesn’t go well as he doesn’t have a long contract with us.

The whole 'we don't develop players for other clubs' attitude was from a different era, when we were debt free and had a reasonable amount of financial clout compared to our size and status in the league.

If the club's financial position really is as stricken as various mouthpieces insist we must believe, then we can't afford to be high-minded about using any means at our disposal to improve the squad, even if it's just temporarily.

The whole 'we don't develop players for other clubs' attitude was from a different era, when we were debt free and had a reasonable amount of financial clout compared to our size and status in the league.

If the club's financial position really is as stricken as various mouthpieces insist we must believe, then we can't afford to be high-minded about using any means at our disposal to improve the squad, even if it's just temporarily.

What's this debt you talk of?

Back to the topic, if the kid is an upgrade then a loan makes sense, but any CB we sign surely has to be 1st team ready. A19y/o CB has to be very very good to step into a Premier league team.

We still are debt free. HTH.

What's this debt you talk of?

If I were being a sophist like you, I'd point to the Macquarie loan. As it is, I'm sure you understand perfectly well why I consider a debt taken on by the owner for the sole purpose of purchasing the club as germane to the club's overall financial position.

If I were being a sophist like you, I'd point to the Macquarie loan. As it is, I'm sure you understand perfectly well why I consider a debt taken on by the owner for the sole purpose of purchasing the club as germane to the club's overall financial position.

I think you’re perfectly capable of being a sophist. The cash flow facility has been in place since our return to the PL in one form or another. The owners debt is only germane if it impacts upon the finances of the club, which it so far has not.

I think you’re perfectly capable of being a sophist. The cash flow facility has been in place since our return to the PL in one form or another. The owners debt is only germane if it impacts upon the finances of the club, which it so far has not.

source?