Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

He only has 2 years left on his contract so presume that may be a reason, there is quite a few clubs interested

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

His morale is low and he’s struggling with Ralph’s tough but fair coaching techniques. Targett staying too.

His morale is low and he’s struggling with Ralph’s tough but fair coaching techniques. Targett staying too.

Do you think Berty is more likely to go of the 2?

Next in French goalkeeper. Best I can do I’m afraid. At Staplewood at the moment.

Wonder if it's for the first team or a scholar?

Next in French goalkeeper. Best I can do I’m afraid. At Staplewood at the moment.

Edouard Mendy of Reims?

Or now that I think of it, it could be Alban Lafont of Fiorentina.

Very young goalkeeper, big clubs were in for him last season before he left Toulouse.

Wasn’t able to hold down a first team place at Fiorentina. Would be good competition for Gunn

Hopefully this is wrong, but my son claims Obafemi indicated on Instagram tonight he might be off. Son says the post has since been deleted. Anyone else heard anything or do I need to dope test the lad?

Would not be surprised to see him go out on loan.

Would not be surprised to see him go out on loan.

Ings/Adams (or equivalent signing, we seem pretty keen on getting him)/Long with Redmond around - it doesn't look like he'd get much game time if he stayed. A loan would be sensible with a recall clause after 6 months IMO. Who is the next young striker we could call from the youth teams if the shyte hits the fan and everyone gets injured? N'Lundulu?

Ings/Adams (or equivalent signing, we seem pretty keen on getting him)/Long with Redmond around - it doesn't look like he'd get much game time if he stayed. A loan would be sensible with a recall clause after 6 months IMO. Who is the next young striker we could call from the youth teams if the shyte hits the fan and everyone gets injured? N'Lundulu?

Assuming Obafemi goes out on loan, definitely N'Lundulu or Barnes.

(I'd imagine Barnes could get a loan move too, as he's 22).

Assuming Obafemi goes out on loan, definitely N'Lundulu or Barnes.

(I'd imagine Barnes could get a loan move too, as he's 22).

Surely Barnes just needs to leave. He is 22 and only pro experience is a failed loan at Yeovil.

Also Redmond is essentially considered a striker now.

Surely Barnes just needs to leave. He is 22 and only pro experience is a failed loan at Yeovil.

Also Redmond is essentially considered a striker now.

Yeah, possibly. Was just giving SNSUN the current pecking order.

Always thought it was odd he didn't go back out.

Hopefully this is wrong, but my son claims Obafemi indicated on Instagram tonight he might be off. Son says the post has since been deleted. Anyone else heard anything or do I need to dope test the lad?

Seems unlikely as Ralph a big fan and can’t see anything on his instagram- sure he didn’t mean Afolabi who has been interesting a few clubs?

I wouldn't imagine Obafemi would be kicking up a fuss already, at 18 years old, about not being in line for a chunk of games next season. A loan out to a league one side would be best I think - not that I think that's his level, but you want him to get experience and learn the game without damaging his confidence in his abilities.

I wouldn't imagine Obafemi would be kicking up a fuss already, at 18 years old, about not being in line for a chunk of games next season. A loan out to a league one side would be best I think - not that I think that's his level, but you want him to get experience and learn the game without damaging his confidence in his abilities.

He won’t be good enough, his only goal was a scuffed finish.

He won’t be good enough, his only goal was a scuffed finish.

I know you're probably taking the P a bit with the scuffed finish thing (based on the other threads), but he at least connected his foot to the ball when he scored, unlike a few other golden opportunities...

I forgot about Obafemi he's been out so long.

Is he any good? Seen so little of him, but when I have he's been clumsy and missed chances. But at the same time, he's got in the right positions and stretched defences.

Two Hamstring injuries already, I don't see him cutting it at this level unfortunately

I forgot about Obafemi he's been out so long.

Is he any good? Seen so little of him, but when I have he's been clumsy and missed chances. But at the same time, he's got in the right positions and stretched defences.

When he came on at Fulham towards the end he looked lively. One nice turn and burst into the box caught the eye, but when a very good chance came his way he failed to take it. In the Huddersfield game he was direct, but a poor first touch ruined a couple of excellent breakaway opportunities. He then missed a couple of glorious chance before scoring. I cant remember if that goal was down to great composure or he just got a little lucky and by taking an age it opened up nicely for him. I didn't come away from that game thinking we had a Michael Owen on our hands, although they have a similar build and ropey first touch. That's all I have really seen of him live and it left me wondering how good he is. He is certainly very short. I am not sure how quick he is. Pretty quick I think. In the end it will be about finishing and his ability to take a chance. I doubt we gave him a new contract if he hasn't shown that's exactly what he is good at. Looking forward to seeing him develop and become a top class striker. No idea if this will happen though. I have nagging doubts, but plenty of time for him to put them to bed.

Edited by Chez

When he came on at Fulham towards the end he looked lively. One nice turn and burst into the box caught the eye, but when a very good chance came his way he failed to take it. In the Huddersfield game he was direct, but a poor first touch ruined a couple of excellent breakaway opportunities. He then missed a couple of glorious chance before scoring. I cant remember if that goal was down to great composure or he just got a little lucky and by taking an age it opened up nicely for him. I didn't come away from that game thinking we had a Michael Owen on our hands, although they have a similar build and ropey first touch. That's all I have really seen of him live and it left me wondering how good he is. He is certainly very short. I am not sure how quick he is. Pretty quick I think. In the end it will be about finishing and his ability to take a chance. I doubt we gave him a new contract if he hasn't shown that's exactly what he is good at. Looking forward to seeing him develop and become a top class striker. No idea if this will happen though. I have nagging doubts, but plenty of time for him to put them to bed.
He is rapid and strong and definitely worth giving a chance to see how good he is.

Notable that whilst he missed chances he had excellent chances in almost all the appearances he made. Almost as if his movement is good...

I remember thinking at that time that Long had played a lot of minutes without even a sight of a goalscoring chance. Surely thats not a coincidence?

Think i’ve found who the French keeper is : Illan Meslier
Hmmm - he didn't want to join bigger clubs in France last season because he wanted to play week in, week out.

Can't think he'd therefore come here to sit on the bench.

Are we really spending a chunk of our limited budget on a 19 year old keeper to be first choice? Unless Gunn's off (Man City exercised their buy back clause? Home town team Norwich come a-knocking?), that would be a surprising move.

All will be revealed, I guess.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-pl-big-hitters-ambush-celtic-with-seriously-big-offer/

Might Saints be the reason for Turnbull's move to Celtic hitting problems?

£3m for a young talent seems a bargain and low risk...

Good info on him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48096622

Interesting. We were linked with him earlier this year, I believe. Great stats for a young midfielder, too.

I saw Celtic's statement yesterday about their contract offer which seemed like an unusual move but it needs a better source than Football Insider for me to believe it. So we will have to see if anyone else picks up on it.

About time we cut Celtic out of the loop

Funnily enough, I saw an article yesterday musing that we might be able sign Rogic once Celtic signed Turnbull.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Tom Rogic linked today. Personally would be really happy with this- quite low risk in terms of cash to get him I would imagine for a creative attacking midfielder. Did not have the best season for Celtic because of injuries and then came back into the side and was off the pace. But he probably needs a new challenge anyway so the timing would be very good for his career. The talent side is not in question. The biggest question is whether he can get his match fitness to complete 90 minutes and whether he could fit into our pressing game. That bit I am unconvinced about. But he could be our Tadic replacement (a year too late). A bit of pure creativity could really give our squad a boost.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/15/have-celtic-opened-the-door-for-southampton-to-sign-tom-rogic/

Tom Rogic linked today. Personally would be really happy with this- quite low risk in terms of cash to get him I would imagine for a creative attacking midfielder. Did not have the best season for Celtic because of injuries and then came back into the side and was off the pace. But he probably needs a new challenge anyway so the timing would be very good for his career. The talent side is not in question. The biggest question is whether he can get his match fitness to complete 90 minutes and whether he could fit into our pressing game. That bit I am unconvinced about. But he could be our Tadic replacement (a year too late). A bit of pure creativity could really give our squad a boost.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/15/have-celtic-opened-the-door-for-southampton-to-sign-tom-rogic/

Not even consistent in the SPL and you want him here? lol He is not what we need in more ways than one.

Not even consistent in the SPL and you want him here? lol He is not what we need in more ways than one.

But yes, you know very well that for every summer tranfer window we have to buy at least one player who is totally crap. Might as well go for some cheap rubbish from Jockland than waste some serious money as we did with Boufal (who's not crap, just totally inapt for English Football both physically and mentally).

I mean, apart from the last season where he was injured for most of it, he is one of Celtic's most valued players. A look a their forum and their views does not really back up the view he is not consistent (in terms of actual form). Injuries and general fitness are more their concern, but his talent and ability to win big matches is not. If the club decide his fitness is not an issue and can be worked on, then I can see him being an asset here. But maybe I am alone here. I've watched him play loads and is really skilled and talented, more so than Armstrong, and we have a decent record bring in Celtic players

Edited by sydney_saint

£34m worth of players signed so far and only 15th June.
Technically Ings wasnt 20m as the loan fee would of been included in that.

Also that money will not be paid upfront and will be based on add ons

Like the vast majority of transfers then!
So we haven't spent £34m then like you insinuated

So your point was pretty much pointless when someone asked if we are that skint!

As you well know that the "Vast majority of transfers" are structured in a way that benefits our financial position