Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 2322

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post

I remember thinking at that time that Long had played a lot of minutes without even a sight of a goalscoring chance. Surely thats not a coincidence?
    maybe, but I think you might have to take the opponents into account. Fulham and Huddersfield were bloody terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by revolution saint View Post
    Turnbull's agent is Liam O'Donnell (well, officially it's the the prolegal group but he heads it up)- same as Armstrong so he's used to dealing with us.
    two footed player. Looks good in the clips I've seen. Unusual to turn Celtic down based on wages isn't it?

If Turnbulls that good then whys he now llinked with Wednesday. We need a real leader in the defence, this guy just doesnt seem the no1 starter. Replacement for Stephens and squad player possibly but no more than that

Quote Originally Posted by woodsaint View Post
    If Turnbulls that good then whys he now llinked with Wednesday. We need a real leader in the defence, this guy just doesnt seem the no1 starter. Replacement for Stephens and squad player possibly but no more than that
    he's a midfielder not a centre back, but championship does seem a more likely destination.

3m is a risk free punt these days - would be worth a go on his video and loan him back to the Championship/SPL. Would be funny is he turned Celtic down straight for the Championship though.

Any news of anyone leaving us? We have a massive senior squad and worried its affecting our ability to bring in players due to the wage amounts.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    3m is a risk free punt these days - would be worth a go on his video and loan him back to the Championship/SPL. Would be funny is he turned Celtic down straight for the Championship though.

Any news of anyone leaving us? We have a massive senior squad and worried its affecting our ability to bring in players due to the wage amounts.
    Nothing concrete. Check their respective threads, but Targett / Carrillo / Reed / Clasie / McCarthy have been linked with moves away.

7. Default

Djenepo is likely to be joined by another two or three incomings, which will give the St Mary's side a much-needed new look.
    Source: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...r-southampton/

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    One of those better not be a goalkeeper.

Still need another RB, CB and two attackers imo.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beavis17 View Post
    One of those better not be a goalkeeper.

Still need another RB, CB and two attackers imo.
    Need a striker & a centre-back without doubt.

Defensive midfield or right-back cover depending how Ralph views our options.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...sly-big-offer/

Might Saints be the reason for Turnbull's move to Celtic hitting problems?

£3m for a young talent seems a bargain and low risk...

Good info on him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48096622
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...eltic-16523441

Need a striker & a centre-back without doubt.

Defensive midfield or right-back cover depending how Ralph views our options.
    not saying we don't need all of those, but if Boufal is not going to be brought back into the fold then we still need another creative dribbler, with flair and pace. Someone that can beat a man and create something out of nothing. That final third of the pitch needs more pace, power and 'scariness'.

That said, if we buy a player in any position I'd be happy as we need upgrades throughout the squad. If it was possible to ship players out relatively easy (like on a computer game) then I'd swap about 10-15
    Last edited by Chez; 16-06-2019 at 09:40 AM.

12. Default

Bristol City centre-back Adam Webster linked.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...linked-2983703

13. Default

Bristol City centre-back Adam Webster linked.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...linked-2983703
    Former skate.

Having checked on Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Former skate.

Having checked on Wikipedia.
    So what are you saying? Dont sign him?

Regardless of anyone's ability to improve our team should we not sign him if he has played for Portsmouth?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza82 View Post
    So what are you saying? Dont sign him?

Regardless of anyone's ability to improve our team should we not sign him if he has played for Portsmouth?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Not saying that, just pointing out where he had previously played. Some of our former players with Portsmouth connections have of course come good for us, most famous of all Bobby Stokes.

16. Default

Alan Nixon saying Turnbull / Celtic back on.

@reluctantnicko: Turnbull and Celtic should be back on this week.

17. Default

Interesting comments reported from Ralph, seeking players under 24. This would support our interest in Webster for example, but rule out Orban and Pontus Jansson (speculated on yet again this summer).

Although the idea of signing the younger players is an good option, I think we could do with experience in goal, and possibly MF to direct things. Availability of the players capable of making the difference in the positions and falling within our budget is another matter of course.

Default Summer Transfer Window 2019

Interesting comments reported from Ralph, seeking players under 24. This would support our interest in Webster for example, but rule out Orban and Pontus Jansson (speculated on yet again this summer).

Although the idea of signing the younger players is an good option, I think we could do with experience in goal, and possibly MF to direct things. Availability of the players capable of making the difference in the positions and falling within our budget is another matter of course.
    On other thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Default

Alan Nixon saying Turnbull / Celtic back on.
    I can see us withdrawing our offer now in return for first refusal or a compulsory purchase of him in a year's time. Gentleman's agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    I can see us withdrawing our offer now in return for first refusal or a compulsory purchase of him in a year's time. Gentleman's agreement.
    Why would we do that? Here you go Celtic, you buy him now for £3M and we will buy him from you next season for £10M

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Maybe, once Turnbull's agent had seen our magnificent offer (assuming we are in for him and have made a magnificent offer), he determined it wasn't as magnificent as Celtic's magnificent offer?

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    On other thread

Whilst I agree with the idea of having experience in key positions, one positive I take from Ralph's under 24s only rule is that it seems as if he's planning on being here for 3-4 years to grow a team himself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'd say centre back(someone to organise the defence) was the one position someone at top end of 24 bracket or above might be needed
    Van Dijk would have been about 24 i guess when we signed him.
    In goal we've got Gunn, who i can't see us wanting to supplant him with an older goalkeeper and in midfield Hojberg is already our captain.

Always a bit suspicious of strikers from Scotland, in the same way that many strikers in the Dutch league aren't quite as good as their stats suggest. I suppose the advantage of Turnbull is that he is young and we can legitimately use the pathway that the likes of Van Dijk, Wanyama etc have gone through to tempt him (in addition to the wage he will get compared to Celtic).

£5m bid would be relatively risk free - if it doesn't work out, there will plenty of Championship clubs or Celtic who would be keen to have him at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by edprice1984 View Post
    Always a bit suspicious of strikers from Scotland, in the same way that many strikers in the Dutch league aren't quite as good as their stats suggest. I suppose the advantage of Turnbull is that he is young and we can legitimately use the pathway that the likes of Van Dijk, Wanyama etc have gone through to tempt him (in addition to the wage he will get compared to Celtic).

£5m bid would be relatively risk free - if it doesn't work out, there will plenty of Championship clubs or Celtic who would be keen to have him at that price.
    Apparently a midfielder...so...

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    I'd say centre back(someone to organise the defence) was the one position someone at top end of 24 bracket or above might be needed
    Van Dijk would have been about 24 i guess when we signed him.
    In goal we've got Gunn, who i can't see us wanting to supplant him with an older goalkeeper and in midfield Hojberg is already our captain.
    Tend to agree that centre back (and probably also Goalkeeper) is a position that favours more experienced players. Not saying a younger player can't be good, but I'd prefer us to make an exception on the age thing for CB if we find one good enough.

Seville are also in for Joakim Maehle.

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Not even sure there’s been a link with him post-January.

Its all been retrospective stories about our January interest.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Dont know, but I'd expect this has been put a way down the priority list, with the emergence of Valery.

30. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Dont know, but I'd expect this has been put a way down the priority list, with the emergence of Valery.
    I hope blooming not. We can not operate with only one rwb in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Depends how much they rate Ramsay, and also depending on the system we play next year, one of Stephens, Reed, JWP can fill in there, though far from ideal. And obviously depends who is here come the start of the season. I'd much rather use the money to strengthen at CB or ST where we are way more desperate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    As things stand we already have 2, Cedric is still our player. Unless/until we shift him doubt we will sign another RWB.

Tick tock. Any decent centre backs linked yet? We're gonna fudge this, aren't we?

surprised we have not shifted anyone yet

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Tick tock. Any decent centre backs linked yet? We're gonna fudge this, aren't we?
    Yep, there is only 6 and a bit weeks to go...…..

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Really?

I’m not, the ones we need to shift are mostly dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Yep clearly, we totally are. Bunch of screw ups. I mean, the FIFA transfer window has been open one whole week and we've done nothing in that time. (Apart from confirming Djenepo of course but that's irrelevant.) We should write off the next nearly 8 whole weeks and use the squad we have, Hoedt, Carrillo, Clasie et al.

Have we done the sweepstake for the date of Alpine Saint's annual summer meltdown over the lack of transfer activity yet?

Looks like Rangers have got Joe Aribo on a free from Charlton. We were supposedly linked.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    Really?

I’m not, the ones we need to shift are mostly dreadful.
    Yeah we’ll have to wait for things to shake out first to get rid of dross.

Donít get why things arenít happening, itís not like 80 percent of our squad are on holiday

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Why dat?

43. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    Why dat?
    Exactly. Most players probably still on holiday at the mo. Can't imagine any of the usual suspects are in a rush to leave their wages.

44. Default

Southampton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace Battling To Sign Nigerian striker

David Okereke could be on the move in the summer transfer window as he is attracting interest from foreign clubs.

The Spezia winger was one of the outstanding performers in the Serie B last season, scoring 10 goals and setting up 12 others in 31 appearances.

Okereke's representative, Ben Itorho has confirmed that Southampton, Crystal Palace and Newcastle United are exploring ways to sign the Nigeria U23 international who has been likened to Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

''Southampton, Crystal Palace and Newcastle are showing interest but there are other clubs who want him. Club Brugge, Genk and Sassuolo have strong interest in him, '' said Itorho to allnigeriasoccer.com.

''They want Okereke in the Premier League but the player has to take a decision with his footballing future in mind''.

Okereke, 21, has three years left on his contract with Spezia after penning a new deal in August 2018.

He was handed his first senior Nigeria call-up on March 25, 2019 just hours after he netted on his international debut against Libya U23s in an Olympic Games qualifier.
    Source: https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/rea....php?nid=32520

Source:
    I hope we get JKA over Okereke personally.

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    Depends if we can find the extra £20m+ for JKA.

Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    I'd prefer Che Adams to both.

Depends if we can find the extra £20m+ for JKA.
    I would like to think so given it's already been said that the board are bending over backwards for Ralph

Robert Skov who has been mentioned before on here just scored for Denmark under 21s. Looks a pacy, tricky winger with a great left foot

MSN linking us with Zinho Vanheusden from Inter, 19 year old CB.