Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

I think you’re perfectly capable of being a sophist. The cash flow facility has been in place since our return to the PL in one form or another. The owners debt is only germane if it impacts upon the finances of the club, which it so far has not.

You might argue that the owner's inability to invest capital in the club at the level permitted by FFP is entirely germane to the club's finances and competitiveness.

You might argue that the owner's inability to invest capital in the club at the level permitted by FFP is entirely germane to the club's finances and competitiveness.

Unless you have evidence that he is unable to, or that if he isn’t he would chose to do so, it isn’t germane to the clubs finances. In any event, the club was already operating under the same financial stricture before Gao, so the basis of your original argument is, I’m afraid, unsound.

If I were being a sophist like you, I'd point to the Macquarie loan. As it is, I'm sure you understand perfectly well why I consider a debt taken on by the owner for the sole purpose of purchasing the club as germane to the club's overall financial position.

Sophist, ha!! I have not stated any position as a "fact". Its you who refers to purported debt. Debt apparently taken by the owner in his personal capacity, but not secured against the club or its assets, is not germane to the club's overall financial position. You appear bright enough to understand the concept of 2 distinct entities, and that the club only has a debt issue when it a) has debt and b) cannot service it. I am in little doubt that the club has liquidity issues (re expansion at least), but I've seen or read nothing credible to point to the club itself having any debt concerns.

What's this debt you talk of?

Back to the topic, if the kid is an upgrade then a loan makes sense, but any CB we sign surely has to be 1st team ready. A19y/o CB has to be very very good to step into a Premier league team.

Agreed. Assuming he is a quality player surely it is better to have him on loan for a year than another duffer on the books for another 3 years or so. I assume that the club has struggled to find the right player at the right price. No harm in finding a short term solution but as has been said, this guy needs to be good enough to step in straight away.

What's this debt you talk of?

Back to the topic, if the kid is an upgrade then a loan makes sense, but any CB we sign surely has to be 1st team ready. A19y/o CB has to be very very good to step into a Premier league team.

Agreed. Assuming he is a quality player surely it is better to have him on loan for a year than another duffer on the books for another 3 years or so. I assume that the club has struggled to find the right player at the right price. No harm in finding a short term solution but as has been said, this guy needs to be good enough to step in straight away. There is always the chance that we could end up buying him if he is any good and Barcelona want to sell eventually.

Mignolet to Brugge... McCarthy to Liverpool? Linked earlier in the window and was left out of the squad on Saturday?

The McCarthy link was shot down earlier in the season. Forster was linked by the Daily Mail but without any real substance more recently.

I think you’re perfectly capable of being a sophist. The cash flow facility has been in place since our return to the PL in one form or another. The owners debt is only germane if it impacts upon the finances of the club, which it so far has not.

Wouldn’t that be a debt incurred by the owner and not the club?

That's the point. Verlaine talks about the club being in debt but refers to a debt that the owner apparently has. The 2 things are completely different.

Yes, but it impacts on the club if the owner is raiding club funds to service his borrowing, or if he starts to load his personal debt on to the club. He has not, so far, done either so far as I can see from the filed accounts. Th only thing he is “guilty” of is not investing more of his personal wealth to allow the club to spend more on transfers/wages.

Yes, but it impacts on the club if the owner is raiding club funds to service his borrowing, or if he starts to load his personal debt on to the club. He has not, so far, done either so far as I can see from the filed accounts. Th only thing he is “guilty” of is not investing more of his personal wealth to allow the club to spend more on transfers/wages.

Bore off will you

Think the situation is like this.

If we raised the funds and get some of the players off our wage bill then we put an offer in for the Leipzig CB.

If not then we get a loan option in instead.

Our problem is we are struggling to get anything over the line as we are not the fastest movers once a deal is agreed.

McCarthy nearly signed for Liverpool, 100 percent FACT.

Sadly you are just another jealous individual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt until you used the phrase 100 percent FACT. Now I know its rubbish ;-)

Any actual news or are we going to continue being a bunch of wet tarts.. I'm on here for transfer news not whether some Houdini predicted something..... Any genuine links or news? Can't believe how quiet it has got.

Hardly any incoming links...

Lots of outgoing links but without much seemingly happening.

Check player respective threads for news on them (but you’ll have to search through people taking threads off topic / people moaning about transfer links being posted etc :))

One thing for sure, RH expected to sign a CB. The puff pieces in June and early July all stated it and at the Fans Forum he said with certainty that there would be at least one more signing and seemingly he doesn't feel he can play his preferred formation with the options he currently has - which is a shame.

Not looking good currently:

- Liverpool not moving for AMC, hard to see a senior GK being shifted

- Newcastle not looking for another striker, no other Austin links

- Lemina, supposedly lots of interest, Wolves the strongest, but only a loan initially. Surely he needs replacing too?

- Moi linked with Besiktas loan. Will probably be loaned out for the next 3 seasons

Carrillo - Leganes will take him again on loan. Boca per mentioned. Think this will end up being another loan.

Stephens/Hoedt - nothing mentioned

Boufal - interest from Nice but may stay now

The window started well but since the start of July has just fizzled out into another disappointment (with a few days left).

One thing for sure, RH expected to sign a CB. The puff pieces in June and early July all stated it and at the Fans Forum he said with certainty that there would be at least one more signing and seemingly he doesn't feel he can play his preferred formation with the options he currently has - which is a shame.

- Lemina, supposedly lots of interest, Wolves the strongest, but only a loan initially. Surely he needs replacing too?

- Moi linked with Besiktas loan. Will probably be loaned out for the next 3 seasons

Carrillo - Leganes will take him again on loan. Boca per mentioned. Think this will end up being another loan.

The window started well but since the start of July has just fizzled out into another disappointment (with a few days left).

- There's been next to nothing about Reed going. I could still imagine Norwich making a move

- Nothing about Hesketh... Probably a loan.

- Cedric was mildly linked with Monaco but nothing since.

Sounds like you don't think Wee Ross will come good.

If you're so sure on it happening just say who it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don’t know a name. I know several, all readily available at this point as leaked to media. Most are agent puff.

I’ve got bets on the ones I’ve been told are 80% or above. Which I’ve mentioned before and been harassed about.

Love and light.

I don’t know a name. I know several, all readily available at this point as leaked to media. Most are agent puff.

I’ve got bets on the ones I’ve been told are 80% or above. Which I’ve mentioned before and been harassed about.

Love and light.

Which ones have you got bets on then??????

Love and light.

Which ones do you have bets on?

I got more dollar on outs, not prepared to talk about ins as I get Lamesaint on my case asking me for dinner.

I do have money on Armando Izzo and a Frenchman. This of course doesn’t mean it will happen, I know people struggle to grasp rumours

Lemina - abroad (Ajax and Italian club)

Austin - qpr ( had this on since last August, can’t see it happening now)

McCarthy - Another prem club

Who knows or cares

I got more dollar on outs, not prepared to talk about ins as I get Lamesaint on my case asking me for dinner.

I do have money on Armando Izzo and a Frenchman. This of course doesn’t mean it will happen, I know people struggle to grasp rumours

Lemina - abroad (Ajax and Italian club)

Austin - qpr ( had this on since last August, can’t see it happening now)

McCarthy - Another prem club

Who knows or cares

I think now we get close to the window closing some of these outs will start to firm up. im guessing that we have a number of options where we have spoken with clubs and agents ready to push on deadline day as we free up wages / cash as and when. Ill be a little surprised if we dont bring anyone else in to be honest.

So my understanding is (not claiming to be ITK - just what I've read online):

Besiktas in for Elyounoussi

Leganes in for Carillio (although not meeting our valuation so a on on the table??)

Nice sniffing around Bouffal

Chat around McCarthy to Liverpool?

some late deals then??

Leganes in for Carillio (although not meeting our valuation so a on on the table??)

some late deals then??

Adrian just gone to Liverpool so that McCarthy move is off.

Didn't Izzo sign a new contract with Torino in July?

some late deals then??

Adrian just gone to Liverpool so that McCarthy move is off.