Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

It's much harder to sell players that nobody wants. I expect the players aren't that interested in most of the teams that are interested in for them and are hoping that more attractive offers come in later in the window if the clubs that they want to move to have other targets that fall through.
Exactly this. I don't think many of the ones we're trying to offload would prioritise playing regularly above continuing to draw better pay for doing very little.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

so far, we have moved on Targett and Gallagher

thought we would have shifted more by now

They were two of the easiest to offload as they are young, not absolute turkeys, have good attitudes, are capable of playing regularly, are not on huge salaries and we only wanted small fees for them. The other players we want to get rid of, like Lemina and Carrillo, don't tick many of those boxes. But, so far, on balance, this has still been our best transfer window for some time and Ralph seems to have brought some common sense back to our transfer activity.

so far, we have moved on Targett and Gallagher

thought we would have shifted more by now

The only other ones I thought may be gone by now are Clasie, Stephens and Austin the rest will be last couple of weeks loans or abroad after our window shuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems unlikely. Even with Charlie gone, which isn't sure, we've already got Ings, Adams, Long, Obafemi plus N'Lundulu possibly coming through.

Dunno this guy is all left footed. Aren't those we have at the club all right peggers?

Weren't we allegedly in for a 'number 10' type player?

This guy seems to play from the right then cut infield. He also seems decent at picking a pass, so maybe we're looking at him to play that role rather than as a striker?

Ralph seems to like to play a pair of wide attacking midfielders who can drift inside into the spaces a traditional number 10 occupies..

No chance we'll sign another before we shift at least one that we have already.

Why is everyone saying this ? We have five centre backs, we had five strikers (Ings, Austin, Long, Gallagher, Obafemi) but we still bought in Che Adams. What’s the difference ?

I can only see a desperate club wanting Hoedt on loan late in the window so it would be a mistake for us to wait around before signing a CB imo. We know it's an area that needs improving, we conceded so many goals last season and dropped a ridiculous amount of points from winning positions - It would be a mistake and hold us back massively if we fail to strenghen this area ASAP.

This seems unlikely. Even with Charlie gone, which isn't sure, we've already got Ings, Adams, Long, Obafemi plus N'Lundulu possibly coming through.

Seems likely in my opinion. U23s next season and then we'll see what happens.

Why is everyone saying this ? We have five centre backs, we had five strikers (Ings, Austin, Long, Gallagher, Obafemi) but we still bought in Che Adams. What’s the difference ?

You've all but answered your question. One of the 5 strikers you list wa always going to be sold, and has been. He's been replaced. Tell me which of those 5 CB's will be bought?

Club had made noises about expecting Austin and Lemina to leave this week, unless something surprising happens tomorrow then we would have failed in that hope / expectation. Only concern is that the longer it takes to shift players the harder it comes to delay signings in the pipeline and convince them or their owning club to wait.

Club had made noises about expecting Austin and Lemina to leave this week' date=' unless something surprising happens tomorrow then we would have failed in that hope / expectation. Only concern is that the longer it takes to shift players the harder it comes to delay signings in the pipeline and convince them or their owning club to wait.[/quote']

Don’t see either going anytime soon.

Club had made noises about expecting Austin and Lemina to leave this week' date=' unless something surprising happens tomorrow then we would have failed in that hope / expectation. Only concern is that the longer it takes to shift players the harder it comes to delay signings in the pipeline and convince them or their owning club to wait.[/quote']

Sounds like Austin was lined up to go to West Brom but won’t leave cos he’s paid too much.

Nixon saying Burnley in for Maehle.

That’s depressing.

Why? Unless, of course, you’re already prone to depression and can’t see that we’ve moved on with Valery.

£7m as well!

So he’s only valued at 40% of the Targett deal. perhaps he’s not the messiah who would be priced out of our range following the U21 competition.

A direct consequence of not being able to get rid of enough crap.

How so?

Rather have Valery.

Quite

Why? Unless, of course, you’re already prone to depression and can’t see that we’ve moved on with Valery.

So he’s only valued at 40% of the Targett deal. perhaps he’s not the messiah who would be priced out of our range following the U21 competition.

How so?

Quite

Thanks. Couldn't be bothered to quote everyone.

How so?

Quite

Usual knee jerk waaaahhhinnng from our fans. Why haven’t we signed millions of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we have sold three players - but still have 5 or 6 that need to go (Hoedt, Carrillo, Clasie, Forster, Lemina, Boufal). Plus we still need another centre back.

Going to struggle again unless we can move more of these players out. Les Reed has a lot to answer for. It's what comes of buying players without a clear idea of what you want them for or whether they will fit the club.

Anyone got any inside info to cheer us up?

So we have sold three players - but still have 5 or 6 that need to go (Hoedt, Carrillo, Clasie, Forster, Lemina, Boufal). Plus we still need another centre back.

Going to struggle again unless we can move more of these players out. Les Reed has a lot to answer for. It's what comes of buying players without a clear idea of what you want them for or whether they will fit the club.

Anyone got any inside info to cheer us up?

Sorry old lad but you sound like a stuck record.

Never a better time to focus on academy players, even though fans just want endless signings each summer. The value out there is mostly awful. Yet even an average academy player like Targett can raise a lot of money if they can't become a first team asset.

Which academy players can plug our glaring weaknesses at centre back and central midfield?

Never a better time to focus on academy players, even though fans just want endless signings each summer. The value out there is mostly awful. Yet even an average academy player like Targett can raise a lot of money if they can't become a first team asset.

Remember when Poortvliet and Wotte tried that?

Make his life a living hell, tell him he is not welcome to the club anymore, leak stories to the media about him ready to sit out his contract and do nothing. That will turn fans against him, making him a hated figure on social media and in the street when he goes.

That s how you go about things to force somebody out.

The guy is the highest paid player at the club, does **** all, probably realizes he does’t have the level to compete in the PL anymore.

If you have some self esteem, even if you are paid less to go somewhere else, you will still go to proove yourself or other people that you can still play at a certain level.

WTAF?! You should work for the Daily Mail. I think that says more about your character then the player you criticise whom is only earning as much as he is possible, like most of us try to do, in a short career. A contract he was awarded after multiple clean sheets when his stock was at its highest. If you want to blame anyone, blame Reed.

Wow! Imagine you got a bonus you didn’t deserve as you are ostensibly, a work shy tosser, and your directors wanted to make your life living hell. Smearing your rep, shady photos on social media leaked, family exposed to news about your coke habit. I’m guessing with your moral code, you’d be ok with that as it’s only fair.

What a strangely ruthless & twisted mind you have. This is to someone that apparently had mental health issues.

WTAF?! You should work for the Daily Mail. I think that says more about your character then the player you criticise whom is only earning as much as he is possible, like most of us try to do, in a short career. A contract he was awarded after multiple clean sheets when his stock was at its highest. If you want to blame anyone, blame Reed.

Wow! Imagine you got a bonus you didn’t deserve as you are ostensibly, a work shy tosser, and your directors wanted to make your life living hell. Smearing your rep, shady photos on social media leaked, family exposed to news about your coke habit. I’m guessing with your moral code, you’d be ok with that as it’s only fair.

What a strangely ruthless & twisted mind you have. This is to someone that apparently had mental health issues.

Well that bit isn't true, he was terrible that season.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?58544-Forster-new-5-year-deal#.XS1JxuhKjIU

Reed deserved the sack for this alone, that thread shows it was a terrible decision even without the benefit of hindsight.