Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2019

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Any chance we can go Dutch? Tell Ajax they can name their price. Now I see why Tadic wanted to go back to join a team on the up.
    He is a brilliant fit for that team.

Blog Entries

3. Default Hasenhuttl looking for 'rough diamonds'

I think that translates as "cheap".

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    His press conference he said looking at players on their first, second or third contract max. That means looking at younger players Im guessing.

6. Default

I'm not sure it necessarily does. Lookman could be classed as one of those & he'd be around £30m!

[QUOTE=nta786;2727086]https://www.90min.com/posts/6347393-...utm_source=RSS

the speculation begins[/QUOTE

Great on FM tbf

Palace linked with Grealish to replace Zaha

can't see him leaving villa if they go up this season though

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

If Grealish goes, it will be to a bigger club than Palace.

RB Leipzig are set to sell Jean-Kevin Augustin, Bruma, and Stefan Ilsanker this summer, according to Kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    RB Leipzig are set to sell Jean-Kevin Augustin, Bruma, and Stefan Ilsanker this summer, according to Kicker.
    Agustin needs to be a lot cheaper than £35m I would suggest..

No clue as to whether they might free up Willi Orbin for sale is there?

Mane was cheap

van Dijk was cheap

Hojbjerg was cheap

Bednarek was cheap

Bertrand was cheap

Romeu was cheap

Wanyama was cheap

Lovren was cheap

Etc etc

Nothing wrong with cheap If you scout well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Mane was cheap

van Dijk was cheap

Hojbjerg was cheap

Bednarek was cheap

Bertrand was cheap

Romeu was cheap

Wanyama was cheap

Lovren was cheap

Etc etc

Many of those fees weren’t cheap unless you willfully overlook the role of inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Mane was cheap

van Dijk was cheap

Hojbjerg was cheap

Bednarek was cheap

Bertrand was cheap

Romeu was cheap

Wanyama was cheap

Lovren was cheap

Etc etc

£12m for Mane or VVD was not cheap in 2014 and 2015, the new TV deal the year after inflated prices. Look at how little (in quality anyway) £16m bought in Vestergaard and Moi last summer by comparison. £12m five years ago is £25m now. Club need to prepare to compete for players at £20-25m or look for an owner that can. I understand your basic point about recruiting well at a good price and spotting top 6’s next purchase - which as long as we make a good profit and re invest well is OK by me - but those players were comparatively far more expensive a few years ago and the club paid more for Mane’s pace and VVD’s athleticism and power - two attributes that have been lacking in pretty much every signing since 2015.

If I was RH, I’d look for those attributes first and some emergent technical ability that we can draw out with an overhaul of the coaching staff.

By buying the best of up and coming leagues that top 6 don’t have time to develop, there is a risk that for every Suarez, Mane or VVD there is a Moi or Alfonso Alves. But even Leicester with their backing have to fish in these pools. Exciting when you do find a gem. What the club have to do is stop stockpiling mediocrity at £50k a week and make room for recruiting again at that level by clearing 12-15 fringe and some first team players. As RH says, there is no business case for the bloated sameness at present.

Thinking about who we should get rid of, how much could we get for this lot? Bearing in mind that we might not be able to get rid of some of them (Forster, Hoedt).

Stephens
    Long
    Ings
    Austin
    Elyounoussi
    Gallagher
    Armstrong
    Forster
    Cédric
    Hoedt
    Reed
    Hesketh
    Clasie
    Carrillo

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Thinking about who we should get rid of, how much could we get for this lot? Bearing in mind that we might not be able to get rid of some of them (Forster, Hoedt).

Stephens
    Long
    Ings
    Austin
    Elyounoussi
    Gallagher
    Armstrong
    Forster
    Cédric
    Hoedt
    Reed
    Hesketh
    Clasie
    Carrillo
    Not greatly optimistic regarding permannent fees, and several are likely to have to gon loan.

Hopefully we might be able to use some of the surplus younger players as bargaining with Championship clubs (Reed, Hesketh for example).

Why include Ings?

He's ours. He signed a 4 or 5 year pre-contract last summer, which kicks in during July 2019 when the obliged transfer with Liverpool for £18m finalises. He won't go back and we won't be selling him after buying him.

I think the issue is not how much we would get, but who would take them on their wages. I’d imagine we would be happy with nominal fees c £2-5m for most of them to get them off the books. We would have done very well to get rid of 10 ‘squad’ players for £35m,, but throw in £25m a year saved on wages you have a sum to get a couple of decent 1st team players (cf and cb) and a back up right back. Needs to be done - 1st job of this new bloke from Everton and Ross (not hopeful they will have huge success)

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Why include Ings?

He's ours. He signed a 4 or 5 year pre-contract last summer, which kicks in during July 2019 when the obliged transfer with Liverpool for £18m finalises. He won't go back and we won't be selling him after buying him.
    Because he is ok but nothing special, we might want to upgrade to someone like Augustin, we could keep him as backup but is one of our assets that we could most easily sell for decent money, we might want to make room for Obafemi, his injury record isn't very good, there is nothing stopping us from selling him this summer like wolves did with Afobe last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgey View Post
    I think the issue is not how much we would get, but who would take them on their wages. I’d imagine we would be happy with nominal fees c £2-5m for most of them to get them off the books. We would have done very well to get rid of 10 ‘squad’ players for £35m,, but throw in £25m a year saved on wages you have a sum to get a couple of decent 1st team players (cf and cb) and a back up right back. Needs to be done - 1st job of this new bloke from Everton and Ross (not hopeful they will have huge success)
    That's sort of what I'm getting at. Someone like Forster we would do well to move him on a free transfer, we probably won't be able to even do that, so I was wondering what sort of price tags people would put on the players I listed taking into account the fact that in some cases we will practically have to give them away just to get them off the wage bill.

Forster has been on the bench for the last couple of matches. His rehabilitation is nearly finished.

I can see us keeping him and selling McCarthy . We would get much more for McCarthy than Forster which would provide much needed transfer funds and would also remove the need for a "wages adjustment"
    Last edited by Tamesaint; 25-04-2019 at 06:05 AM.

Stephens
    Long
    Ings
    Austin
    Elyounoussi
    Gallagher
    Armstrong
    Forster
    Cédric
    Hoedt
    Reed
    Hesketh
    Clasie
    Carrillo
    McQueen

23. Default

Not really. though not that we can necessarily buy £30 - 40 million players, but it means players he can mould, he doesn't want bad habits that he can't iron out he wants young players who he can improve and tailor to his system and style.

No real difference to what Bournemouth try to do, Howe pretty much looks for the same, talent he can mould and improve with lots of work on the training pitch.

I doubt we will buy any player over the age of about 24 in the summer.

If we are able to offload a considerable number of players, my choice of realistic signings would be -

Augustin (RB Leipzig) CF
    Adams (Birmingham) CF
    Bruma (RB Leipzig) AM
    Tah (Bayer Leverkusen) CB
    Maehle (Genk) RB

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    His press conference he said looking at players on their first, second or third contract max. That means looking at younger players Im guessing.
    It seems nothing has changed ( not a criticism) - we will look for younger players ( internally and externally) who we think we can improve, if they get very good , we accept that they will move onto something bigger. As with Mane , VVD , LLallana, Shaw , Schneiderlin etc etc . Success or otherwise will depend on how good we are at spotting these 'unpolished diamonds' and then once here , how well we develop them ( which I think Ralph will do well).

Augustin looks perfect for me seriously hope we make a move for him, looks to have amazing pace and first touch, and looks like he could potentially be world class.
    Adams on the other hand although prolific this season his finishing looks a bit scruffy in comparison. His pace still makes him interesting, but im not sure how he steps up from champ to prem, could be another beckford

My view on squad for next season

Consider moving on;

Player.............Wage?........Contract Expires........Value(Top)......(Low)

McQueen.......£30k pw.............2020....................£1m........ .......Free.
    Forster..........£70k..................2022....... .............£5m...............£2m.
    Cedric...........£50k..................2020....... .............£8m...............£5m.
    Stephens.......£50k..................2022......... ...........£5m...............£2m.
    Hoedt............£60k..................2022....... .............£10m.............£6m.
    Claisie...........£50k..................2020...... ...............Free..............Free.
    Reed..............£30k.................2021....... ..............£2m...............£2m.
    Boufal............£60k..................2021...... ..............£8m...............£5m.
    Elynounoussi...£60k..................2023......... ...........£5m..............Free
    Long...............£60k.................2020...... ...............£3m..............£2m.
    Austin.............£70k.................2020...... ................£2m.............Free.
    Gallagher.........£40k.................2021....... ...............£3m.............£2m.
    Carillo.............£60k..................2021.... .................£8m..............£2m.
    Hesketh...........£20k..................2021...... ..............Free..............Free.

14 players.......£34m................................ .............£60m........... ..£28m

Reckon we need:

1. Right Back
    2. First Choice Central Defender
    3. Left Footed Midfield/Attacker
    4. Decent striker (either someone with height or robust with pace)

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    Augustin looks perfect for me seriously hope we make a move for him, looks to have amazing pace and first touch, and looks like he could potentially be world class.
    Adams on the other hand although prolific this season his finishing looks a bit scruffy in comparison. His pace still makes him interesting, but im not sure how he steps up from champ to prem, could be another beckford
    I think Jarrod Bowen may offer a bit more to suit the RH style (albeit from the limited bits I've read/seen).

29. Default

Saints apparently still keen on defender/midfielder Omar Elabdellaoui.
    Last edited by Master Bates; 25-04-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bates View Post
    Saints apparently watching defender Omer Elabdellaoui.
    He can play 'Kleber Chala' to Elynoussi's 'Delgado' perhaps.

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bates View Post
    Saints apparently still keen on defender/midfielder Omar Elabdellaoui.
    Who?

32. Default

How is Sebastien Haller getting on in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    How is Sebastien Haller getting on in Germany?
    Banging them in, 19 in all comps.

Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    My view on squad for next season

Consider moving on;

Player.............Wage?........Contract Expires........Value(Top)......(Low)

McQueen.......£30k pw.............2020....................£1m........ .......Free.
    Forster..........£70k..................2022....... .............£5m...............£2m.
    Cedric...........£50k..................2020....... .............£8m...............£5m.
    Stephens.......£50k..................2022......... ...........£5m...............£2m.
    Hoedt............£60k..................2022....... .............£10m.............£6m.
    Claisie...........£50k..................2020...... ...............Free..............Free.
    Reed..............£30k.................2021....... ..............£2m...............£2m.
    Boufal............£60k..................2021...... ..............£8m...............£5m.
    Elynounoussi...£60k..................2023......... ...........£5m..............Free
    Long...............£60k.................2020...... ...............£3m..............£2m.
    Austin.............£70k.................2020...... ................£2m.............Free.
    Gallagher.........£40k.................2021....... ...............£3m.............£2m.
    Carillo.............£60k..................2021.... .................£8m..............£2m.
    Hesketh...........£20k..................2021...... ..............Free..............Free.

14 players.......£34m................................ .............£60m........... ..£28m

Reckon we need:

1. Right Back
    2. First Choice Central Defender
    3. Left Footed Midfield/Attacker
    4. Decent striker (either someone with height or robust with pace)
    Some of these values seem super low. McQueen for 1mil? Wasnt long ago he had a number of decent games for us and sure he'd be a solid Championship player. If Boufal was for sale a lot of clubs would take a chance of him for at least 10 million I reckon, and surely we could get a fee for Hesketh? At one point one of our brightest prospects (may still be)?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think Jarrod Bowen may offer a bit more to suit the RH style (albeit from the limited bits I've read/seen).
    he looks good, but isn't he more of a dribbling winger? think our main priority is to find a great striker

36. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    He can play 'Kleber Chala' to Elynoussi's 'Delgado' perhaps.
    Or Imants Bleidelis to Moi's Pahars...

Quote Originally Posted by disconnect View Post
    Some of these values seem super low. McQueen for 1mil? Wasnt long ago he had a number of decent games for us and sure he'd be a solid Championship player. If Boufal was for sale a lot of clubs would take a chance of him for at least 10 million I reckon, and surely we could get a fee for Hesketh? At one point one of our brightest prospects (may still be)?
    You may well be right.

My estimates are based on contract length and wages but I am certainly no expert.

I do hope I am wrong in my conservative projections and we can prise more out of any interested parties.

38. Default

We wont sell 14 players.

I suspect Ralph will want to have a look at Carrillo and Boufal, I personally feel Boufal might be able to become an asset for us under Ralph, I am not sure Carrillo is mobile enough though for Ralph's systems, I think his 'big guy' up front is usually pretty quick as well.

Also can't see Long going anywhere, I think Ralph likes him and would want him there are that option to bring on in games. Unless Long wants to leave for more football and asks to leave, he'll stay. Plus I believe he is well liked in the dressing room.

I think definite one going out are -

Cedric, Ralph has seen him, seems he wasn't committed, I am sure a Spanish or Italian club will pay a decent enough fee for him.

Hoedt, completely burnt his bridges, his ego seems way above his ability to ever allow him to improve, I think he has the ingredients to be a good centre-back but needs a big mentality change. Issue might be finding someone to take him though, he's hardly been good for Celta.

Austin, think he wants first team football and knows hes already down the pecking order, and probably will drop further if we get another striker. Should be a decent amount of Championship clubs willing to buy him I reckon, though we might have to subsidise some wages. Still reckon we could probably get as much as like £10 million for him though.

Clasie, year on his deal, says he doesn't want to play for us again, hasn't played for us for two years, think we'll let him go cheap to dutch club, might squeeze £5 million out of someone, but more likely we let him go for free to get him off the wage bill.

Beyond those 4 I don't think you can say for certain, Forster is tough to shift cos of wages, no one is going to pay £50-60k a week for a back up so he has to find a first team slot somewhere, not a huge amount of those about. People talking in the other thread that McCarthy might be a more sellable asset, No.2 to some of the big boys and provides a homegrown player for European competitions.

If we can raise like £20-30 million in sales, shift £250k a week of the wages, that should give plenty of room to go out and get 3-4 quality players, could see us spending like maybe another £50-60 million if we manage that.

39. Default

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Why include Ings?

If Cardiff can weadle out of owning Sala, can't we escape the compulsory purchase of Ings on medical grounds? Not fit for purpose often enough.

40. Default

[QUOTE=tajjuk;2729204]We wont sell 14 players.

[QUOTE]

My phone alert from Onefootball said RH ready to sell 6 players, being Forster, Austin, Stephens, Clasie, Hoedt and Cedric. Claims they have all been told they are transfer listed this summer, and they should look to find suitors. Also suggests Boufal and Carillo face uncertain futures.
    This could be clickbait tittle-tattle, hope it is, as I would like all focused on the final 3 games. Only after that should anyone at the club be thinking of ins and outs.

RH will want to take a look at Reed. Absolutely perfect player to press, hassle, set traps, show aggression... And knows where the goal is. He has been one of the championships best players for 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    We wont sell 14 players.

I suspect Ralph will want to have a look at Carrillo and Boufal, I personally feel Boufal might be able to become an asset for us under Ralph, I am not sure Carrillo is mobile enough though for Ralph's systems, I think his 'big guy' up front is usually pretty quick as well.

Also can't see Long going anywhere, I think Ralph likes him and would want him there are that option to bring on in games. Unless Long wants to leave for more football and asks to leave, he'll stay. Plus I believe he is well liked in the dressing room.

I think definite one going out are -

Cedric, Ralph has seen him, seems he wasn't committed, I am sure a Spanish or Italian club will pay a decent enough fee for him.

Hoedt, completely burnt his bridges, his ego seems way above his ability to ever allow him to improve, I think he has the ingredients to be a good centre-back but needs a big mentality change. Issue might be finding someone to take him though, he's hardly been good for Celta.

Austin, think he wants first team football and knows hes already down the pecking order, and probably will drop further if we get another striker. Should be a decent amount of Championship clubs willing to buy him I reckon, though we might have to subsidise some wages. Still reckon we could probably get as much as like £10 million for him though.

Clasie, year on his deal, says he doesn't want to play for us again, hasn't played for us for two years, think we'll let him go cheap to dutch club, might squeeze £5 million out of someone, but more likely we let him go for free to get him off the wage bill.

Beyond those 4 I don't think you can say for certain, Forster is tough to shift cos of wages, no one is going to pay £50-60k a week for a back up so he has to find a first team slot somewhere, not a huge amount of those about. People talking in the other thread that McCarthy might be a more sellable asset, No.2 to some of the big boys and provides a homegrown player for European competitions.

If we can raise like £20-30 million in sales, shift £250k a week of the wages, that should give plenty of room to go out and get 3-4 quality players, could see us spending like maybe another £50-60 million if we manage that.
    Seems like a pretty balanced summary of what they outs are likely to be.

Right back and centre back top of the buy list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Seems like a pretty balanced summary of what they outs are likely to be.

Right back and centre back top of the buy list for me.
    Genuine question, do you think we're ok up front?

For me CB and a decent striker are top for me with a decent backup RB being next.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Won't happen but I'd think Nathan Ake would be a good signing for our CB woes (watch him be terrible at SMS today) and I wouldn't mind Aleksandar Mitrović to give us a presence upfront that could actually win an aerial duel and hold the ball up.

Dr. Kucho’s Eredivisie scouting report recommends the next players as possible Saints targets,

- Michel Vlap, club: Heerenveen, position: attacking midfielder who can also play as a winger. 21 years old.
    - Steven Bergwijn, club: PSV, position: winger, 21 years old.
    - Martin Ødegaard, club: Vitesse (on loan from Real Madrid), attacking midfielder. 20 years old. Madrid want around 17 million pounds for him.

47. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kucho View Post
    Dr. Kucho’s Eredivisie scouting report recommends the next players as possible Saints targets,

- Michel Vlap, club: Heerenveen, position: attacking midfielder who can also play as a winger. 21 years old.
    - Steven Bergwijn, club: PSV, position: winger, 21 years old.
    - Martin Ødegaard, club: Vitesse (on loan from Real Madrid), attacking midfielder. 20 years old. Madrid want around 17 million pounds for him.
    Forgot about poor Ødegaard. Hope he’s delivering on his early promise.

Bergwijn’s been linked with some top clubs, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingeletiss View Post
    From VVDs old club. If hes half as good we'll take him

My shopping list for the summer:

- Pace striker: Jean-Kevin Augustin from Leipzig
    - Pacy winger: Ismail Saar from Rennes
    - Commanding midfielder with an eye for a pass: Stanislav Lobotka from Celta Vigo
    - Commanding center back: Upamecano from Leipzig or would also be tempted to put in a cheeky bid for Eric Bailly (he hasn t become a bad player overnightand one year left on his contract)
    - New right back to provide competition for Valery: Maelhe from Genk or Ruben Aguilar from Montpellier
    Promote Slattery, Vokins, Smallbone and Ferry

Get rid of Forster, Clasie, Reed, Austin, Long, Carillo, Gallagher, Stephens, Cedric, Hoedt, Targett, Hesketh

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    My shopping list for the summer:

- Pace striker: Jean-Kevin Augustin from Leipzig
    - Pacy winger: Ismail Saar from Rennes
    - Commanding midfielder with an eye for a pass: Stanislav Lobotka from Celta Vigo
    - Commanding center back: Upamecano from Leipzig or would also be tempted to put in a cheeky bid for Eric Bailly (he hasn t become a bad player overnightand one year left on his contract)
    - New right back to provide competition for Valery: Maelhe from Genk or Ruben Aguilar from Montpellier
    Promote Slattery, Vokins, Smallbone and Ferry

Get rid of Forster, Clasie, Reed, Austin, Long, Carillo, Gallagher, Stephens, Cedric, Hoedt, Targett, Hesketh
    Oh and keep Boufal next year to see if Ralph can get him to play in the team s style of play.