Bertrand / Voskins

Lemina / Slattery

Hojbjerg / Romeu

Boufal / JWP

Djenepo / Sims

Augustin / Ings

Redmond / Adams

Gatecrash the top 6.

No chance, unless a loan which is highly doubtful. He's already been linked with bigger clubs than us.

Leipzig do appear to have stockpiled a couple of useful future prospects in him and Konate. At a push they may be willing to release Orban. If we offer enough, and he kicks up about wanting to be reunited with Ralph.

Woeful midfield.

Looks alright to me, Boufal aside. Depends how good Genepi is really, never seen him play. I don’t think we’re bad at creating chances. A decent striker would have scored 15 of the opportunities Long missed this season.

Gunn / Mccarthy

Maehle / Valery

Bednarek / Yoshida

Upamecano / vestermum

Bertrand / Voskins

Lemina / Slattery

Hojbjerg / Romeu

Boufal / JWP

Djenepo / Sims

Augustin / Ings

Redmond / Adams

Gatecrash the top 6.

heads gone

One of the chief reasons why Pelle worked at Saints, was because we had Tadic.

Too often English clubs buy strikers from Holland or Portugal etc and don't seem to look at why or how they score their goals. If the majority of the goals are two yard tap ins from crosses; and you don't play a system that includes wing-backs...it isn't going to work.

The need this summer is pacey players with technical ability and a couple of energizer bunny tanks in the midfield. If we can find a striker that is able to fit in to RH's system then added bonus.

I may be wrong but Tadic and Pelle didn’t play together before they came to Saints, so Pelle’s goal return in Holland had nothing to do with Tadic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I may be wrong but Tadic and Pelle didn’t play together before they came to Saints, so Pelle’s goal return in Holland had nothing to do with Tadic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think that's what he was saying, it's more about understanding the type of delivery and service these centre forwards require. When Pelle was at Feyenoord he had the supply needed by wide players, so Koeman made sure we got a high calibre wide player who he'd have known well.

We pretty much pulled in the best Erenvise goal scorer and the best assister to play together, that's why it worked. Having a manager who understood what got the best out of Pelle was the key here.

I don't think that's what he was saying, it's more about understanding the type of delivery and service these centre forwards require. When Pelle was at Feyenoord he had the supply needed by wide players, so Koeman made sure we got a high calibre wide player who he'd have known well.

We pretty much pulled in the best Erenvise goal scorer and the best assister to play together, that's why it worked. Having a manager who understood what got the best out of Pelle was the key here.

All this.

Can't get that for £20m these days :)

Eh, whoever plays up front for Benfica seems to get about 30 goals a season, year in year out. One purple patch at 27 after multiple seasons only registering 2/3 goals a year does not a £50m player make.

Not only that, we'd get absolutely demolished in midfield. Swap Romeu for Lemina, and JWP for Boufal and could work.

But even then, we would struggle to sign those players.

Not sure what you're getting at, these are the same players we had this season who were rarely demolished in midfield. I don't think he is suggesting an XI, just a squad of players to pick from.

If we had a striker who was fit enough to play the games Ings missed, clinical enough to take the chances Long squandered or just wasn't Austin, we'd have another 10 points.

If we didn't keep bottling it mentally, as a team and as individuals, we'd have another 15.

Think we've been stung too many times with the value in Europe...but yes a CB is definitely needed too.

On value from Europe i would list Hojberg, Bednarek, Vest, and probably even Lemina, just from the current first team, although I take your point re Carillo, and that useless Elyounoussi fellah

Not sure what you're getting at, these are the same players we had this season who were rarely demolished in midfield. I don't think he is suggesting an XI, just a squad of players to pick from.

If we had a striker who was fit enough to play the games Ings missed, clinical enough to take the chances Long squandered or just wasn't Austin, we'd have another 10 points.

If we didn't keep bottling it mentally, as a team and as individuals, we'd have another 15.[/QUOTE]

That's a good summary, Mr Moderator. :p

Could we... could we really? What makes you think that?

We absolutely could if we were to get rid of (rough figures)

McCarthy £5m

Cedric £10m

Stephens £5m

Hoedt £10m

Reed £5m

Clasie £2m

Elyounoussi £10m

Hesketh £2m

Boufal £12m

Carrillo £8m

Austin £3m

Gallagher £5m

Thats a total of ca £80m. Might have overpriced a couple and possibly underpriced a few, but high level we should be able to get somewhere between £60 - £80m for them. And of course the half million a week off the wage bill...

Strikes the ball extremely well, but comically one-footed. Looks almost allergic to touching the ball with his right boot.

TBF, I don't think I've yet seen ings use his left foot either...it's stupidly common for a player to be one footed, look at the best player in the world.

I certainly think he could be a real player, not quite sure it should be £25m, but if he comes in suits the system and plays well, he's probably worth £30m +

McCarthy £5m

Cedric £10m

Stephens £5m

Hoedt £10m

Reed £5m

Clasie £2m

Elyounoussi £10m

Hesketh £2m

Boufal £12m

Carrillo £8m

Austin £3m

Gallagher £5m

Thats a total of ca £80m. Might have overpriced a couple and possibly underpriced a few, but high level we should be able to get somewhere between £60 - £80m for them. And of course the half million a week off the wage bill...

There is zero chance that we will sell 12 players in a single window. Especially considering some of them are on fat contracts and are not worth what we paid for them, so will be even harder to shift.

Heads gone? Firstly it's just a wish list but with the exception of Upa, the rest are attainable and within our budget. Sky money and selling the players we need to generates about 140 million! We obviously won't spend near that, but we could comfortably spend 90m if we really wanted to....

I'm not sure about that at all. The only way we could generate that is if Redmond / Lemina / Berty depart.

In for Harry Wilson apparently, £25m

WILSON VALUED AT £25M

Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton lead a host of clubs keen to sign Liverpool's young winger Harry Wilson.

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool will want up to £25m for the 22-year old who enjoyed an impressive year-long loan at Derby.

It's thought Crystal Palace could join a long list of Wilson's admirers if Wilfried Zaha leaves Selhurst Park this summer.

Wilson’s present club Derby are also keen on keeping him at Pride Park next campaign if they defeat Aston Villa at Wembley on Monday.

Interest in the versatile Welsh attacker has also spread across Europe with Augsburg, Hertha Berlin and Frankfurt in the Bundesliga - and several clubs in Spain monitoring negotiations.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11726292/liverpools-harry-wilson-a-transfer-target-for-newcastle-southampton-and-brighton

Heads gone? Firstly it's just a wish list but with the exception of Upa, the rest are attainable and within our budget. Sky money and selling the players we need to generates about 140 million! We obviously won't spend near that, but we could comfortably spend 90m if we really wanted to....

The Sky money isn't enough to cover the huge wage bill at the club, let alone transfers.

The Sky money isn't enough to cover the huge wage bill at the club, let alone transfers.

Last accounts had total staff wages at £96m (including directors and 130 or so non-footballing staff). Adding up to about £110m when additional costs like social security and pensions are factored in. Sky money for the period was £117m.

We’re not going to get £50m from our misfits we want to shift. At best we’ll sell a few for c £25m and maybe get £5m loan fees for a few others (but at subsidised wages). Add a nominal £10m to that and you are likely to get a budget of £40m where we are going to need to be very savvy to find the cb and cf we need (sadly we have wee Ross negotiating). Hopefully we can get a couple of loan deals in without ridiculous obligation to buy (again we need Ross to somehow do this).

Remind me please when we can expect see our retained list?

Not sure on deadlines for Premier League but it's the third saturday in May for the Football League, I think.

Having said that the only senior player out of contract is Steven Davis, who has already signed a contract at Rangers, so it's not going to be a thriller...

Hazard was 30m.

Any update on our interest in Kalvin Phillips? Or was that just a tabloid rumour?

Although why the transfer fee of a player between two german clubs needs to be mentioned in pounds sterling is less than obvious. Most transfer fees quoted in the press and on-line are approximative at best.

McCarthy £5m

Cedric £10m

Stephens £5m

Hoedt £10m

Reed £5m

Clasie £2m

Elyounoussi £10m

Hesketh £2m

Boufal £12m

Carrillo £8m

Austin £3m

Gallagher £5m

I would love to have your optimism, Garrett :)

I would love to have your optimism, Garrett :)
Indeed. Who the **** would pay £10m to sign Cedric (one year of contract then free) or Hoedt (****e)?

Answer: Nobody

The same as Elyounoussi whose wages will price out most of the leagues he is good enough to play in.

Most saleable assets that arent first team regulars are IMO:

Gallagher

Reed

Targett

McCarthy

Indeed. Who the **** would pay £10m to sign Cedric (one year of contract then free) or Hoedt (****e)?

Answer: Nobody

The same as Elyounoussi whose wages will price out most of the leagues he is good enough to play in.

Most saleable assets that arent first team regulars are IMO:

Gallagher

Reed

Targett

McCarthy

And to be honest I would not be quick to sell Matt Targett either... I like the lad.