Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

It's difficult to say right now, seeing as we're still very much in a relegation battle, so what we need depends on what league we're in.

If we're in the Prem:

Keeping Hasenhuttl is key.

Largely we just need a bit of quality, because despite being in a relegation battle, we actually have a decent core of players playing well under Hasenhuttl. Let's say we bring in Maehle, Adams and Augustin, that's pretty much all we need if we can keep the players we want to keep. You could argue we'd also need a centre back but I'd say that's dependant on whether Ralph feels Stephens is up to the job or not, plus whether Alfie Jones will ever make the step up.

Outs: Cedric, Hoedt, Clasie, Boufal, Austin, Long, Forster, Carillo (if we can, or loans to free up wages), also possibly one or two youngsters like Reed, McQueen and Gallagher if they don't have futures here. I doubt there'd be many takers for Moi though...

So our squad would look like:

GK: McCarthy, Gunn, Lewis

RB: Maehle, Valery

LB: Bertrand, Targett

CB: Vestergaard, Bednarek, Yoshida, Stephens, Jones

CM: Romeu, Hojbjerg, Lemina, JWP, Slattery

AM: Armstrong, Redmond, Elyounoussi, Augustien, Sims

Str: Ings, Adams, Obafemi.

(plus youngsters, not sure who doesn't count towards the squad of 25, I believe Obafemi doesn't so may room for one more senior signing, either a centre back or another winger/AM)

I still think 7th is the best we can hope for, the top 6 are, well, the top 6 and it will take any side some going to break into that. The squad above should be enough to fight for 7th IMO.

If we go down? Woof, doesn't bear thinking about, but at least Hasenhuttl has given experience to Johnson, Ramsey, Slattery and obviously Obafemi so we still have the makings of a decent young side.

Game of opinions but those who are gagging for the return of Boufal are wrong IMO.

Best we can do is get £10m for him and move on woth players who actually suit the PL and RH style.

Boufal is just a mote skillful Elyounoussi. He isn't what RH wants. No real pace, not the best off the ball.

I'm not so sure I agree. He's no slouch and he is technically gifted. He didn't look the part under Pellegrino, but neither did Redmond, and he is thriving now under Ralph.

I would like to see if he can have the same effect on Boufal, because if he can then we would have some player on our hands, like a new signing with no fee.

What I'd like to see in the summer.

1. Bring back boufal. Think it was a mistake to loan him out this season. Would be good to have someonee else with pace and ability to beat a man, if redmond can turn it around I see no reason boufal couldn't do the same.. could be like a new signing, deserves a fair chance under Ralph..

2 Augustin. Looks so pacy and with the technique to back it up, Ralph knows him well and he's not getting the game time at Leipzig.should be ideal signing for us but if we can't get him a striker should be priority anyway.

3 another cb. I don't think the 3 of bednarek yosh and vest are doing too badly, but if the reason Ralph thinks we need three at the back is because of lack of quality.. then we should probably try to get another decent cb.

Actually think these 3 additions could turn us around quite a lot we are looking fine in midfield and wing back positions are looking ok too bar maybe cover for valery.. but signing another one could block his progress.

Completely agree with this

I'm not so sure I agree. He's no slouch and he is technically gifted. He didn't look the part under Pellegrino, but neither did Redmond, and he is thriving now under Ralph.

I would like to see if he can have the same effect on Boufal, because if he can then we would have some player on our hands, like a new signing with no fee.

Boufal is not a quick, direct player.

Someone like Lookman (that type of profile) suits RH game far more.

Boufal will come back because Celta won't want to sign him, which is telling in itself.

I expect he will be loaned out again.

My sentiments

Game of opinions but those who are gagging for the return of Boufal are wrong IMO.

Best we can do is get £10m for him and move on woth players who actually suit the PL and RH style.

Boufal is just a mote skillful Elyounoussi. He isn't what RH wants. No real pace, not the best off the ball.

Assuming we stay up, it's imperative Ralph H stays.

Following that, I'm more than happy to let him decide what happens to Boufal.

Unquestionable talent. Questionable attitude.

Boufal will come back because Celta won't want to sign him, which is telling in itself.

He certainly looked quick and direct when he dribbled round 4 West Brom players from the half way line to score last season. Maybe he wasn’t quick and direct but that’s wasn’t how sideways, possession at all cost, Pellegrino wanted him to play. There is definitely a player in there, but he also appears a bit of a bellend too, so let’s see if Hasenhuttl can and wants to work with him. If the can then he could save us a fortune.

Without really wanting to highlight flaws with redmond, who has been good this season, if you actually look at his stats 3 goals and two assists this season in 30 prem games, and that was pretty much all starts and being our main creative player.. I find it hard to believe that boufal wouldn't be capable of the same given a 30 game run, anyway he is a million times better then elyounoussi so is worth bringing him back even if only to push el down the pecking order and strengthen options

He certainly looked quick and direct when he dribbled round 4 West Brom players from the half way line to score last season. Maybe he wasn’t quick and direct but that’s wasn’t how sideways, possession at all cost, Pellegrino wanted him to play. There is definitely a player in there, but he also appears a bit of a bellend too, so let’s see if Hasenhuttl can and wants to work with him. If the can then he could save us a fortune.

Inclined to agree. Not convinced he will cut it, but Put it this way, I'd certainly rather an on form boufal than spending another 15 million on another mo ely. I trust Ralph, and by the time the next window shuts he'll have had time in pre and early season to assess whether he's worth persisting with, and will then action accordingly. Whichever Ralph chooses is fine with me(as if that matters!)

Don't think we'll be spending a fortune this summer, so if we have one less purchase to make (and one less high wage earner to sell at a loss) I'd see that as a good thing.

Southampton ‘came close’ to signing player in January, and are a ‘prominent suitor’ for summer

Real Sociedad have their eye on François Kamano, report their local source Noticias de Gipuzkoa, but there are several problems in the way of them signing the Bordeaux player, including Southampton.

The 22 year old is flexible in attack and has scored nine goals so far this season, it’s claimed the French club would be looking at €15-20m for the player.

That would be the first hurdle to jump.

Then there’s Atletico Madrid, who have been watching him this season. On top of that, it’s claimed that both Southampton and AS Monaco ‘came close’ to signing the player in the January window, and both are ‘prominent suitors’ for the summer market.

Southampton were linked with a winter move as early as November, but Bordeaux were adamant their player wouldn’t be leaving the club midway through the season.

Watford were strongly linked in January, with it being claimed they were in talks over a €16m transfer.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-came-close-signing-player-january-prominent-suitor-summer/

Is he going to get a stamp of approval

He is a Saints academy reject. He left Staplewood a a kid.

Mitrovic and Sessignon wouldn’t be a bad start

I would ****ing love Mitrovic, gives everything, great with his back to goal, great attitude for the team when under the right manager (not Rafa) and never seems to miss games.

I would ****ing love Mitrovic, gives everything, great with his back to goal, great attitude for the team when under the right manager (not Rafa) and never seems to miss games.
He is a very good player. But not a pressing player. I think we will look for someone with more mobility.

• 2 weeks later...

We definitely need a striker over haul. We have what Cantona ( I think) described as water carriers, which is what may be required in an honest hard working side attempting to avoid relegation.

What we will require if we stay up are a couple of enigmas, players who may disappear from games and are carried for spells , but are pacey, unpredictable and most importantly score plenty of goals. I hope such a player can be found by our scouting network although the black box has failed to identify a good enough player for some time, probably since Mane joined us.

We definitely need a striker over haul. We have what Cantona ( I think) described as water carriers, which is what may be required in an honest hard working side attempting to avoid relegation.

What we will require if we stay up are a couple of enigmas, players who may disappear from games and are carried for spells , but are pacey, unpredictable and most importantly score plenty of goals. I hope such a player can be found by our scouting network although the black box has failed to identify a good enough player for some time, probably since Mane joined us.

I agree, I believe we would have identified the type of players you mention and scouting them should not be too difficult, However getting them to sign is another ball game all together I would think

Giroud has made it clear he wants to be first choice, not an impact sub, next season.

I dare say his wage expectations would exceed our budget, sadly. Hopefully we can find a cheaper option somewhere in the world. At the minute our only out and out strikers are the broken Ings and Austin.

However good Giroud is, Ralph wants movement up top, not statues.

Very Excited. Fresh Budgets, Targets researched and scouted, and no January Premium on the players. On top of that, Ralph gets a Pre-season to establish how he wants to play.

I just hope that they turn out to be decent when they get here.

“Very Excited. Fresh Budgets, Targets researched and scouted, and no January Premium on the players.“

This is an April Fools, isn’t it?

I agree with you but I think they have identified such players e.g. Promes but trying to get the signing over the line in January when you are struggling and the selling club doesn't have to sell is difficult (a bit of both that time). The club has two choices in the summer (when league position is less of an issue, we should hae some momentum and a quality manager) if it wants some pace and unpredicatability:

- Break the transfer record if it can clear some of the decks and make less £15m Les signings (but risk around injuries)

- Go for Adama Traore type buys as Wolves did for £18m (S Clarke will be chocking at the thought somewhere) that are more raw speed and where end product is questionable. What we did with Redmond I guess.

The ITKs have hinted the strategy post-Les will be more of the former but those players are more in demand so it's a question of what the USP is to join Saints and not a possibly bigger but not top level side. My argument would be 'look what Mane and VVD have gone onto, do well for two years and it's win-win if Barca or City/Liverpool/Man U come in'.

Kik Pierie came up through Dutch club Heerenveen’s academy before being promoted to their first team in 2017.

Having made his debut in 2016/17 season, the 18-year-old has already made 59 appearances in the league.

He’s been a regular inclusion in his side’s defence since the start of the last campaign.

According to Calciomercato, the Boston-born Netherlands U19 international has drawn attention from other clubs and Southampton have ‘set their sights’ on the defender.

Any potential approach from the Saints in landing the teenager will see them face competition from Ajax as the report claims the centre-back is also a ‘goal’ for the Eredivisie club.

There’s no further mention on Southampton’s interest and what they intend to do with it, but the club are said to be keen.

Pierie’s contract with Heerenveen will run down in 2020 and If he decides to join Ajax, Pierie could be a replacement for Matthijs de Ligt, who is drawing attention from top clubs across Europe.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-set-sights-young-defender-player-goal-another-club/

Right Back, CB, Forward at least

All good enough to start and all quick

in an ideal world, outs...

Hoedt

Cedric

Carrillo

Clasie

Forster

Austin

Gallagher

Reed

reckon yoshida will be allowed to 'leave' and god knows with Hoj

Wish list would go something like this:

IN:

Mario Hermoso

Youcef Atal

Jarrod Bowen

Jean-Kevin Augustin

OUT:

Long

Ings

Austin

Elyounoussi

Gallagher

Forster

Cédric

Hoedt

Davis

Reed

Hesketh

Boufal

Clasie

Carrillo

How the hell do we have so many players?!! Even with all those players out we would have something like starting line up of Gunn, Bednarek, Hermoso, Vestergaard, Atal, Bertrand, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Ward-Prowse, Bowen & Augustin and a bench of McCarthy, Yoshida, Valery, Lemina, Armstrong, Sims & Redmond. Stephens, Targett, Slattery and Obafemi would also be in the squad. Ridiculous amount of deadwood.

IN:

Mario Hermoso

Youcef Atal

Jarrod Bowen

Jean-Kevin Augustin

OUT:

Long

Ings

Austin

Elyounoussi

Gallagher

Forster

Cédric

Hoedt

Davis

Reed

Hesketh

Boufal

Clasie

Carrillo

How the hell do we have so many players?!! Even with all those players out we would have something like starting line up of Gunn, Bednarek, Hermoso, Vestergaard, Atal, Bertrand, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Ward-Prowse, Bowen & Augustin and a bench of McCarthy, Yoshida, Valery, Lemina, Armstrong, Sims & Redmond. Stephens, Targett, Slattery and Obafemi would also be in the squad. Ridiculous amount of deadwood.

Interesting thing about Bowen is that Hull's parachute payments run-out this summer, so they are likely to have a big financial void to fill.

Championship has some talent we should be looking at the best young players in that league!

100% you just need to look at the likes of Maddison, Brooks and Will Hughes and how well they've done. Players like Che Adams, Jarrod Bowen, Joe Lolley, Neal Maupay and Daniel James should be looked at

100% you just need to look at the likes of Maddison, Brooks and Will Hughes and how well they've done. Players like Che Adams, Jarrod Bowen, Joe Lolley, Neal Maupay and Daniel James should be looked at

is he that insanely quick lad a swansea?

IN:

Mario Hermoso

Youcef Atal

Jarrod Bowen

Jean-Kevin Augustin

Bowen certainly looks a good prospect and from what I've seen of him a player that might thrive under Ralph. I'd be surprised if Augustin happens given that Leizig were rumoured to looking for £35m, plus the fact if as expected they sell Werner they are unlikely to offload another striker.

Bowen certainly looks a good prospect and from what I've seen of him a player that might thrive under Ralph. I'd be surprised if Augustin happens given that Leizig were rumoured to looking for £35m, plus the fact if as expected they sell Werner they are unlikely to offload another striker.

I doubt a player who has only played 382 minutes of league football this season would cost that much, £30m at most, probably less. If Rangnick rated him as much as Ralph did he would play him more.

Bbc gossip has one saints related piece today ... Wolves interested in Cedric! Could be very lazy journo work based on nothing more than a load of Portuguese people being at Wolves, but would be handy to get some cash for him. Still leaves about 10 others to offload.

Think Bowen could be an interesting one. Bbc also had hull interested in a new striker so maybe they know Bowen will be off?

As an aside, the replacement striker looks pretty handy; young, big, skillful, not very quick ... And plays for bristol rovers. A new Richie lambert anyone??

I don't see a huge amount between them. ie neither are very good and i'm far happier with Gunn. Forster will remain hard to shift on those wages and if called upon he'd be eager to prove himself again.

I think Forster on top form is better than McCarthy on top form personally. McCarthy concedes some weird goals and seems really limited, Forster is just very slow and lacking confidence.

That's incredibly harsh on McCarthy.

Forster is finished at any level, let's be honest. McCarthy still has plenty to offer and is a very good shot stopper, been a decent keeper for us. You cannot tarnish both with the same brush.

One is finished, one still has a decent career ahead of him.

Can see Wolves in for Cedric. His reputation is far ahead of his form of the last 2 years, he's a good age, good experience and they have a lot of his international teammates.

How's he doing for Inter? You'd hope to still get 20m for him in this market.

Lots of talk Inter will go for Darmian instead. Think he's just a stop gap for them.

He's only got a year left on his contract in the summer & I think Jorge Mendes is his agent, so I'm sure we won't struggle to ship him out.

Won't be anywhere near £20m though.

Out:

Cedric

Hodet

Stephens

Reed

Gallagher

Austin

Long

Targett

Clasie

1 of Forster or McCarthy (McCarthy probably easier to shift so him)

Give Boufal and Carrillo a chance and move on if not impressed pre season (personally no hope with Carrillo, he’ll more than likely go).

I could see Bertrand and Yoshida moving on as well

In:

- An out and out no9 to play off Ings, who drops too deep to link the play in middle of the park, to play up top on his own. Really like the look of that Augustin

- An established leader at CB which we haven’t had since Fonte or VvD.

- RB cover/Competition for Valery. Ramsey doesn’t look ready just yet. That lad from Genk would do the job.

- is also like to see an upgrade on Romeu, who I think is average. A top holding CM, who’ll sit in front of the back 4, break up play (do the dirty work) and allow us to counter. like when Wanyama was here.

(Dependant on Carrillo / Boufal)

- cover / competition for Ings. A player that’ll drop into the hole (assuming we’ll play 422), be able to hold the ball up and have a second striker playing off him.

- R/L AM, I have hopes that Boufal will come good (maybe deluded), but a player to drop into the holes an create, so we’re not so reliant on Redmond.

(Dependant on other outgoings)

- LB cover for Bertrand and possibly a replacement. Wouldn’t be surprised if vokins gets more exposure if I’m honest

I have it on good authority we have Summers ins and out pretty much sorted already due to Ralph’s influence in Europe.

Despite his falling out with Leipzig over his contact he is still well in there.

Leipzig management don’t want any leavers going to potentials rivals either.

I have it on good authority we have Summers ins and out pretty much sorted already due to Ralph’s influence in Europe.

Despite his falling out with Leipzig over his contact he is still well in there.

Leipzig management don’t want any leavers going to potentials rivals either.