Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

No from me. Can’t stay fit and that’s not going to improve with age. Big wages too. Liverpool have done us, getting us to pay good money and lessen their wage bill once for an injury prone player in Ings. Club would be a laughing stock if we fell for it twice.

If your wife cheated on you, then left you for a richer man, but then wanted you back after she got old and he found a better model, would you take her back?

No from me, not the player he once was proven to be mentally weak and a bottler. He’ll still do a job at PL level, but let him go to Bournemouth or West Ham.

We can do better.

Isn't it just older ex-player falls out of favour at the club, so is likely to move, so lets just link him to his old club? They do this all the time, and we have not signed any of these ex-players we have been linked with.

Smells more like a West Ham signing to me, he can keep Wilshere company in the physio room talking about their £120k a week.

All of this, and do we need another midfielder anyway? 2 strikers and 2 centre-backs please

I think we could do with an upgrade in MF although not Lallana and not a priority against the other positions you mention.

Despite our intention to bring in young players "who want to hunt", I think there's still a space (need?) in our squad for an older, more experienced head who can provide leadership and/or calm things down. We're a side who lost 29 points from winning positions past year and this is something we've sorely missed since Steven Davis started to drop out of the side more frequently. We do have Long and Yoshida as older players but the former surely won't be a starter next season and the latter's propensity for the odd gaffe is hardly calming for a jittery enough side already. I'd have him back now he's acknowledged the way he left wasn't great (and presumably the forum gets THEVMAN back too?).

There's no place in football for sentiment if you want to succeed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Honestly not sure if that's an argument for or against. Could be either.

Personally I'd take him back but not for more than about 8 to 10 Million.

Sounds like the missus might be agitating doesn't it. Of course we will not give him the easy option. It never pays to foul up your own front door-step.

Objectively he can't run very fast, he can't tackle back and he is not physically strong in the mold of Hoj and Romeu, he just doesn't fit what we aim to become.

If your wife cheated on you, then left you for a richer man, but then wanted you back after she got old and he found a better model, would you take her back?

No from me, not the player he once was proven to be mentally weak and a bottler. He’ll still do a job at PL level, but let him go to Bournemouth or West Ham.

We can do better.

It depends. If she is a good cook and keeps the house tidy then...

If fit and genuinely committed to the cause, why not?

He's one of the best players we've produced in the past 30 years.

Obviously the way he left wasn't great, but if he returned and put in a few performances of old, no-one would really care would they?

having signed that five year deal instead of jumping ship and then taken us on the footballing ride of our lives, he could reasonably assume to have been considered an absolute Saints legend. However, having forced his way out of the club, threatening to go on strike, I am not sure Saints fans can now think of him in any other way than just ****ing nivea boy. Yeah, yeah, I know the game and I know you can't hold players back from earning fame and fortune on a bigger stage etc., but who is to say that if he had signed another five year deal he couldn't have taken his club, and our club club into Europe and beyond and made us the bigger stage. OK you don't get much bigger than Liverpool, but we did make Europe without him and that was very special for the club and he should have been central to that.

As much as I absolutely loved watching him play for us, IMO he should **** off back to Bournemouth and let us find the next Saints legend. Having said all that, if he did re-sign then I would reluctantly support him as I do every player that wants to be here. Assuming he really wanted to be here of course.

depends, if the replacement wife I found, perhaps having listened to bad advice from a colleague, turned out to be a complete nightmare and I was desperate for her to leave, then perhaps the returning ex wife, trying overly hard to please, would be ever so slightly appealing. Also, if the ex wife hadn't actually cheated on me, but instead had just grown apart and then found a richer better looking man, perhaps I wouldn't be quite so angry with her.

Obviously if I could offload the current wife and then somehow find a wonderful young lady that really loves me and together makes us both incredibly happy, then that might be the better path to take.

No thanks. Was fantastic for us for years but the only reason hes being linked now is because of his injuries and being out of favour at Pool. We dont need another Danny Ings who will be on big wages and only play 15-20 games a season

depends, if the replacement wife I found, perhaps having listened to bad advice from a colleague, turned out to be a complete nightmare and I was desperate for her to leave, then perhaps the returning ex wife, trying overly hard to please, would be ever so slightly appealing. Also, if the ex wife hadn't actually cheated on me, but instead had just grown apart and then found a richer better looking man, perhaps I wouldn't be quite so angry with her.

Obviously if I could offload the current wife and then somehow find a wonderful young lady that really loves me and together makes us both incredibly happy, then that might be the better path to take.

Post of the year.

Post of the year.

We can do better.

It's not your wife though, is it? its a bloke who got a big pay raise and a move to a club that couldve easily delivered league titles, campions league and domestic cup success as well as domestic cups. Plus putting him on a bigger stage for international selection. If you think, as a football player, you wouldn't have done the same thing, you're blinded by your support.

Fully understand the sentiment about how he left etc. To be honest I have, sadly, long lost the perception that players love the club etc, kissing the badge days before securing a move and all of that crap.

However my opposition to him returning is more a cold hard look at the facts. He is 31, he has now developed a trend of being injury prone, and that is only likely to get worse. So it’s just a no on those grounds.

The player I want in that number ten position who I think has potential to be as good if not better than he was in his prime is Lookman from Everton and I am hoping the Ralph link may do the job.

Off the top of my head, Mick Channon, Ian Rush, Robbie Keane, Mark Hughes. I'd have him back for a nominal fee.

No definitely not that lot. They’re far too old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9102783/bristol-city-sell-lloyd-kelly-england-u21/

Saints have been linked but so have Arsenal and Liverpool.

Seems like he is on the move.

£13m to Bournemouth.

Less than we could've got for Matt Targett last summer. Oh well, who needs a left back/centre back who can run anyway...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

tbh I did think he was about 5'11 :mcinnes: But yeah he is much stronger than Lookman. Both would be fantastic just can't see it.

Augustin looks a little more polished than either of them (and a cleaner striker of the ball) but if Everton and Leicester are after him, I think we can forget that one, even with the RH connection.

Adams doesn't seem to strike the ball that cleanly, but from his goals last season, he does have a knack for finding the corner.

Looked at a few clips of Aye playing and impossible to tell how good he is - the standard of defending is about as bad as I've seen in a decade or so of looking at YouTube clips of potential signings.

Watch Bristol City quite a bit, he's average at best imo.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Average would be a massive upgrade on our defenders.

Didn't Bournemouth pip us to Chris Mepham in January (apparently)? He's been absolutely hopeless - dragged off after 20 minutes of pure clownery against us.

Average would be a massive upgrade on our defenders.

Didn't Bournemouth pip us to Chris Mepham in January (apparently)? He's been absolutely hopeless - dragged off after 20 minutes of pure clownery against us.

He's nowhere near the level of Bertrand and Targett is adequate back up. There are plenty of other positions where we need to upgrade. Either Adams or Maupay would be worth going for from the Championship.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Mepham did not come off after 20 minutes because he was playing poorly he did very little wrong, he came off because Bournemouth's formation wasn't working.

Eddie Howe... "Tactically we weren't where we needed to be. Chris [Mepham, substituted for Ryan Fraser after 23 minutes] unfortunately was sacrificed for the team. We were much better for the change."