Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

We could have a really potent side with Redmond one side and him on the other, he looks so strong, powerful and quick. Polar opposites to the players we've looked at in previous years.

He looks pretty tall a well, 5ft 8 for a winger is a good fit for this league to be be fair.

Bale didn't get off the bench for Real Madrid in the last match of the season. That's one player I would welcome back. ;-)

Half decent article in the guardian today about Bale - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/20/gareth-bale-zinedine-zidane-real-madrid-face-off-future

Bale is 30 next month and few clubs could pay the required fee, or his €18m net annual salary

Shane scored more goals and set more up than him. No idea why anybody would prefer Ayew to Shane.
I wouldn't prefer him to Long specifically and think it would be an underwhelming signing.

However Ayew is about 5 years younger tha Long (who is on big money for largely sub par perfirmances).

If we are selling both Austin and Long and Ayew was signed as a backup striker than I feel he is much better suited to RH's style than Austin, and as mentioned he is younger than Long and is also well suited to a pressing game, so its not the strangest link ever given the apparently very low asking price.

Skov with 0 assists from the wing this season?

No, that must be another one ... Think he's talking about the Robert skov with 29 assists and 10 goals from 33 league appearances. You know, the one half of europes best clubs are after.

On that note, much as I'd love us to go for him, think there may be a few suitors who can out bid and out pay us unfortunately.

No, that must be another one ... Think he's talking about the Robert skov with 29 assists and 10 goals from 33 league appearances. You know, the one half of europes best clubs are after.

On that note, much as I'd love us to go for him, think there may be a few suitors who can out bid and out pay us unfortunately.

Sorry, got his goals and assists the wrong way round. 29 goals but only 10 assists. Not sure he's creative enough from the wing then.

I reckon he'll see out his contract, not like there is much to motivate him these days, he's won four champions leagues and its not like Wales will drop him anytime soon, they'll probably appreciate he'll be fit and fresh for them.

DJ enepo just liked a comment that said Southampton, on his instagram post. Its happening.

exciting stuff then

my only wish with this move is that we do not give him high wages, hopefully not more than £30k anyway.

Hopefully not for the quoted 20 million. (unless that includes potential bonuses that would come along at down the line)

A 20yr old at that price seems extreme.

It does, but here we are.

- If he’s rubbish, we’ve got another Moi or Hoedt.

- If he’s good, then he doubles in value.

Hopefully not for the quoted 20 million. (unless that includes potential bonuses that would come along at down the line)

A 20yr old at that price seems extreme.

It does, but here we are.

- If he’s rubbish, we’ve got another Moi or Hoedt.

- If he’s good, then he doubles in value.

This djenopo guy does look exciting,crazy some crazy skills and step overs in that vid but looks a bit raw on end product from what I've seen.dont mind us bringing in him or lookman etc at all, but striker and cb should be the priority. We still have boufal coming back hopefully who could be like a new signing and will certainly be better then moi

So to recap, we have in recent days/weeks been either linked with, or mentioned as being interested in:

Djenopo, Seferovic, Ajew, Aye, Goiginger, Lookman, Lallana, Trossard, Almeida, Adams, Connell, Phillips, Aribo

And probably a few others whose names escape me right now.

Of those, only really Lookman and Phillips (and maybe Adams) have the potential to add some immediate strength to the squad.

Also, no centre back mentioned yet either (Please step forward Willi Orban)

So to recap, we have in recent days/weeks been either linked with, or mentioned as being interested in:

Djenopo, Seferovic, Ajew, Aye, Goiginger, Lookman, Lallana, Trossard, Almeida, Adams, Connell, Phillips, Aribo

Of those, only really Lookman and Phillips (and maybe Adams) have the potential to add some immediate strength to the squad.

Didn’t know you were so familiar with all those players.

I mean, Lallana would definitely improve us, admittedly there are a few younger lads in there, (Aribo, Connell, Phillips, Lookman, Djenopo) but I'd rather we spent the money on younger promising players, rather than your Carrillos of this world.

Almeida would be a stop gap I guess as we want to develop Valery who could become a huge asset for us.

Ayew I give you is absolutely dreadful

We've got a lot of rebuilding to do, so not surprised we're looking at the highest rated lads in younger age groups rather than players abroad.

I mean, Lallana would definitely improve us, admittedly there are a few younger lads in there, (Aribo, Connell, Phillips, Lookman, Djenopo) but I'd rather we spent the money on younger promising players, rather than your Carrillos of this world.

Almeida would be a stop gap I guess as we want to develop Valery who could become a huge asset for us.

Ayew I give you is absolutely dreadful

We've got a lot of rebuilding to do, so not surprised we're looking at the highest rated lads in younger age groups rather than players abroad.

Lallana's not going to improve us if Saints get a 10 point deduction for fans assaulting their own player on the pitch..!

Hope not, he's always looked absolute gash when I've seen him during international competitions.

Well his goal record this season suggests otherwise! - https://www.mediareferee.com/2019/05/21/need-of-the-hour-southampton-would-strike-gold-by-beating-everton-to-sign-this-23-goal-striker-with-54-4m-release-clause/

Would be an amazing signing IMO

Don't know a lot about Seferovic but he doesn't fit the profile of the young 'first or second contract' players Ralf suggested we would be going after.

Sounds more like agent talk trying to drum up a move/get a pay rise for his client after he has one excellent season after a career with a goal return that looks suspiciously Shane Long-ish.

Some caution required according to this article:

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/southampton/southampton-would-be-getting-it-wrong-signing-one-season-wonder-haris-seferovic

Certainly it won't happen if the £54m release clause is required.

Some caution required according to this article:

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/southampton/southampton-would-be-getting-it-wrong-signing-one-season-wonder-haris-seferovic

Certainly it won't happen if the £54m release clause is required.

Isn't it a legal requirement in the Portuguese leagues to have a release clause? Doesn't mean they can't sell him for less.

Not sure I'm sold on a 27 y.o. striker who scored almost half his career goals in one season.

Don't know a lot about Seferovic but he doesn't fit the profile of the young 'first or second contract' players Ralf suggested we would be going after.

Sounds more like agent talk trying to drum up a move/get a pay rise for his client after he has one excellent season after a career with a goal return that looks suspiciously Shane Long-ish.

As few others have mentioned when ive seen him for the swiss he's looked really poor and not what we need

Fed up of people quoting that sort of thing like it's gospel. We may well get in some players like that but that, doesn't mean every single player we sign will be a youngster with potential. I'm certain we will bring in at least one more experienced player.

Isn't it a legal requirement in the Portuguese leagues to have a release clause? Doesn't mean they can't sell him for less.

Not sure I'm sold on a 27 y.o. striker who scored almost half his career goals in one season.

Hadn't Pelle only had one decent season when we bought him in his late 20s?

Hadn't Pelle only had one decent season when we bought him in his late 20s?

No, Pelle scored 50 league goals in 57 games over two seasons for Feyenoord. At least doing something impressive over two seasons in a row suggests it wasn't just a fluke. Also, we only paid about £8m for him, so he didn't precisely break the bank.

This first article has a comment along the lines of 'benfica will be losing one of their strikers, will they also want to lose seforovic too' which makes me strongly suspect it's his agent pushing for his player to get a pay rise, rather than us actually looking to sign him. Could be wrong of course.

In any event, there's no way we'd be paying his full release clause ... unless our wonderful new sponsorship funds it, of course.

Not only does Seferovic have a poor goal record before this year, so there are worries about him being a one season wonder, but I also wonder how much of his excellent season owes to playing up front with Jao Felix, the wonder kid that pretty much every club in Europe wants.

Plus Portgual is a bit like the Dutch league, its always a gamble getting someone who scores lots of goals for one of those big clubs in that league, remember van wolfswinkel that IIRC Norwich paid a record fee for after he had scored some goals for Sporting. He managed 1 goal for them.

One of the chief reasons why Pelle worked at Saints, was because we had Tadic.

Too often English clubs buy strikers from Holland or Portugal etc and don't seem to look at why or how they score their goals. If the majority of the goals are two yard tap ins from crosses; and you don't play a system that includes wing-backs...it isn't going to work.

The need this summer is pacey players with technical ability and a couple of energizer bunny tanks in the midfield. If we can find a striker that is able to fit in to RH's system then added bonus.