Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

A lot people saying McCarthy wasn’t very good despite the horrendous team he had in front of him yet proclaiming Gunn as a better keeper.

Just like they did when Forster displaced Boruc.

Weird.

I thought you’d have realised by now most people on here don’t have a clue what they’re on about. It’s not weird they just don’t understand.

A lot people saying McCarthy wasn’t very good despite the horrendous team he had in front of him yet proclaiming Gunn as a better keeper.

Weird.

Didn't Mccarthy win player of the season the other year?

Weird.

Gunn made a few mistakes towards the end of the season, but he's clearly better suited to the style RH wants to play where the keeper has to be comfortable sweeping and starting moves from the back.

Didn't Mccarthy win player of the season the other year?

Only by virtue of being a massive upgrade on Forster when it finally became obvious what a huge liability he had become.

Doesn't make him a great keeper. There were a few goals we conceded last season where his keeping was very suspect.

Gunn isn't the finished article yet, but he looks to have more potential to improve IMO.

If Macca has some decent resale value then I have no problem with us cashing in on him.

What's Henry Onyekuru upto these days?

Looked to have a lot of potential while at Eupen

@_pauljoyce: Marco Silva on Onyekuru being at Everton next season: “I didn’t decide yet. At this moment we have 4 wingers in our squad - Richarlison, Lookman, Bernard and Theo - 4 with right foot and he is one more with a right foot. We would have to think about a work permit, also."

Can someone please explain why McCarthy is suddenly so bad. He was our deserved player of the year and frankly has made as many mistakes as Gunn over a much longer period. Yes Gunn has potential to improve and yes McCarthy has resell value. That I get. What I don’t get is why so many are suddenly convinced he is a sub par keeper. I’ve seen a lot of him and he has always looked a safe pair of hands so can those calling him out explain why. Here’s a novel idea - why not have two good goalkeepers in case one gets injured. I can’t fathom why people are so keen to get rid of him given his good history with us - are people rewriting history here or am I just ignorant about goalkeeping ???

Can someone please explain why McCarthy is suddenly so bad. He was our deserved player of the year and frankly has made as many mistakes as Gunn over a much longer period. Yes Gunn has potential to improve and yes McCarthy has resell value. That I get. What I don’t get is why so many are suddenly convinced he is a sub par keeper. I’ve seen a lot of him and he has always looked a safe pair of hands so can those calling him out explain why. Here’s a novel idea - why not have two good goalkeepers in case one gets injured. I can’t fathom why people are so keen to get rid of him given his good history with us - are people rewriting history here or am I just ignorant about goalkeeping ???

No, you're just oblivious to the fact that we've got no money and he's one of few players we could sell.

It's because they think he's a better keeper. And you have always had bizarre keeper opinions.

Forster became awful. McCarthy was bang average and conceded a lot of soft goals. Gunn has been an improvement and far more likely to learn and develop at his age.

The defence in front isn't the issue when you're conceding goals from stupid angles, near post or just long shots into the middle of the goal. That huddersfield away goal was ridiculous. McCarthy has had a really average career and a brief spell being busy making a few saves for a poor side doesn't change that.

Forster was always awful, full stop. Nothing to do with bizarre keeper opinions at all.

The groundswell of opinion changed on here when it suddenly dawned that after his protection was lifted, he was a massive liability.

McCarthy's hardly been given a season to establish himself but in general, has been fairly solid given a couple of 'could do better' moments.

Gunn on the other hand, hasn't been that much of an upgrade, if at all. Apparently, he suits RH's style of play and being young, according to people on here he's guaranteed to improve.

The truth is, he's not suddenly going to to turn into Ederson.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer my keepers to be proficient at handling and saving shots, not spraying 70 yard crossfield balls.

Forster was always awful, full stop. Nothing to do with bizarre keeper opinions at all.

The groundswell of opinion changed on here when it suddenly dawned that after his protection was lifted, he was a massive liability.

McCarthy's hardly been given a season to establish himself but in general, has been fairly solid given a couple of 'could do better' moments.

Gunn on the other hand, hasn't been that much of an upgrade, if at all. Apparently, he suits RH's style of play and being young, according to people on here he's guaranteed to improve.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer my keepers to be proficient at handling and saving shots, not spraying 70 yard crossfield balls.

All this sweeper keeper is a load of crap. Boss your area and save shots. Simple.

It's because they think he's a better keeper. And you have always had bizarre keeper opinions.

Forster became awful. McCarthy was bang average and conceded a lot of soft goals. Gunn has been an improvement and far more likely to learn and develop at his age.

The defence in front isn't the issue when you're conceding goals from stupid angles, near post or just long shots into the middle of the goal. That huddersfield away goal was ridiculous. McCarthy has had a really average career and a brief spell being busy making a few saves for a poor side doesn't change that.

Don't think Gunn is that good. He's young and he'll improve, but McCarthy is the better goalkeeper right now.

They're both pretty meh - we used to have brilliant keepers when I was growing up Shilton, Tim Flowers and the Flying Finn, it's been 20 odd years now since we've had a decent one.

They're both pretty meh - we used to have brilliant keepers when I was growing up Shilton, Tim Flowers and the Flying Finn, it's been 20 odd years now since we've had a decent one.

yeah, you could pretty much flip a coin between McCarthy and Gunn. I guess there is more upside with Gunn.. going with youth.

I find it hard to get riled up over who between them should start.

yeah, you could pretty much flip a coin between McCarthy and Gunn. I guess there is more upside with Gunn.. going with youth.

I find it hard to get riled up over who between them should start.

How much would Orban cost and how old is he?
£20m+; 26.

And also a regular at a club that have qualified for the Champions' League for the second time in three seasons. I just don't see why he'd swap that for fighting relegation with us.

The only Leipzig players we're realistically in for will probably be the out of favour ones like Augustin. And I think I read Bruma, a winger, was being made available this summer too.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

£20m+; 26.

And also a regular at a club that have qualified for the Champions' League for the second time in three seasons. I just don't see why he'd swap that for fighting relegation with us.

The only Leipzig players we're realistically in for will probably be the out of favour ones like Augustin. And I think I read Bruma, a winger, was being made available this summer too.

Of the players that played, I think Upamecano is the most likely target. He hasn't been out of favour as much as Augustin, but he is another who hasn't played as much as he did under Ralph and is behind Orban and Konaté in the pecking order.

good player who had a very good season at Luton, often playing slightly further forward and on the other side, which with our lack of cover at right back might be a very good thing. I'd be surprised if we bought him, but once again would be happy that we were looking at the lower leagues as there is talent there.

Bit mad that a Div 1 player with 12 months contract left is worth 7.5m apparently!

I can only presume that fee is a lot of add ons as I can't see a League 1 club turning that down. That would be like the 3rd highest transfer ever out of League 1 I think and it would be for a player who could leave on a free in a year.

£20m+; 26.

[emoji1360]

Charlton ? If we heavily subsidise his wages.

Class of 92 might think they can get him going again as they start their first season in League 2. Suppose he might do a job for Tranmere in League 1. Gateshead expelled from the National League so no chance of a homecoming.