2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Superb batting from both teams. 222 looked a decent target but the last two overs were fairly comfortable.

I remember when 50 over games could be won by scoring 223. The level of hitting these player have taken the game to is incredible. And makes for such better viewing. Also remember the cynics and purists poo-pooing the T20 format.

I remember when 50 over games could be won by scoring 223. The level of hitting these player have taken the game to is incredible. And makes for such better viewing. Also remember the cynics and purists poo-pooing the T20 format.

Yep. 250+ will be the T20 norm shortly. It's taken cricket in a completely different direction and makes it a far better spectator sport.

Yep. 250+ will be the T20 norm shortly. It's taken cricket in a completely different direction and makes it a far better spectator sport.

Flat wickets in T20 / ODI also help. It’s a batsman’s game these days, but for the average spectator that’s how it should be.

Interesting impact it’s had on test matches as well with the large % now finishing in 4 days.

And again. Chelsea goal ruled out for a push, but Chelsea player was first pushed by Fred.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I agree, you could see the Chelsea player was pushed and just put his hands out to stop himself.

How can that not be seen by a video ref?

Just weird

I agree, you could see the Chelsea player was pushed and just put his hands out to stop himself.

How can that not be seen by a video ref?

Just weird

Heaven forbid it be suggested that VAR is somewhat biased in favour of Manure, but it looks that way.

But, makes it a little funnier seeing the ‘Frank Lampards’ chelsea getting beaten (again)....
True. But when you think back to Bertrand's red against Leicester, it's ridiculous that Maguire is deemed by VAR to be innocent of violent conduct. Stays on and scores.

VAR is being implemented so badly and inconsistently it's making things worse, not better.