2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Holgate just dived in with a tackle that looked far worse than Djenepo yesterday. No VAR check.

Ref is Kevin Friend. Matin Atkinson VAR. Both very experienced.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Holgate just dived in with a tackle that looked far worse than Djenepo yesterday. No VAR check.

Ref is Kevin Friend. Matin Atkinson VAR. Both very experienced.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That's my main gripe with tackles like that, there's no consistency employed.

To the letter of the law both VAR checks y/day were correct, but it's how similar situations like those yesterday go unpunished which frustrates.

I thought it hit him pretty close to his shoulder blade...! I've got no idea what constitutes handball these days, what i do know 's that we rarely seem to get any given for....!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I thought it hit him pretty close to his shoulder blade...! I've got no idea what constitutes handball these days, what i do know 's that we rarely seem to get any given for....!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Alderweireld and Ben Mee from this season strike out as the clear handballs against us, nothing given. Just depends who the ref/VAR person on the day is.

I'm not sure that's fair, he's had a very good season overall and is likely to get a call up in the upcoming cancelled friendlies. Ok, he likes to fall over but so do a lot of others, and on the other side of the coin, isn't he the PL's most fouled player? That said, he's got a stupid haircut and I'm glad they got done over.