2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

VAR now is more controversial than the match ref ! It was supposed to right wrongs that were clear and obvious but has descended into farce . If I was a Bompy supporter I would be well angry after today . Have to concentrate watching MOTD to see if it was as bad as described.

As said before , big team bias is showing it’s face again.

Good grief, I can’t stand when female commentators try to sound like blokes. The woman commentating on Bur/Bou is insufferable.

Awful isn’t it - imagine having to listen to it for 90 minutes. What was with her stupid comment about Vydra waiting 500 days for a goal and then two come along at once - don’t think that counts when they’re separate games the dopey bint.

Those 'handball' decisions going against Bournemouth were f*cking ridiculous. Both quite clearly off a shoulder and never in a million years handball.

The people operating VAR have lost the plot now.

Thought the first decision was wrong but the second one correct. The defender even stuck his arm up behind him to deliberately control the ball. It was more arm than shoulder IMO and a deliberate attempt to block it with his arm.

Good grief, I can’t stand when female commentators try to sound like blokes. The woman commentating on Bur/Bou is insufferable.

Such outdated bigoted views, some of you lot live in the dark ages. We should be encouraging women’s commentary not putting it off. When will we have a gay commentator?

Just as a brief interlude or aside and no need for another thread, has anyone listened to the latest Peter Crouch podcast featuring Mike ‘bloody’ Dean as well as being amusing quite interesting listening to the most commented on ref in current football.

.............and just before we go back to normal the Ian Wright Desert Island discs is worth looking out too.

right carry on :D

Thought the first decision was wrong but the second one correct. The defender even stuck his arm up behind him to deliberately control the ball. It was more arm than shoulder IMO and a deliberate attempt to block it with his arm.

Disagree, the second one was possibly more arm than shoulder but it was definitely not clear and obvious. The first one was just a joke.

Shes an awful commentator. Even my wife looked up during MOTD and said “I couldn’t listen to her for a whole game, it sounds like she’s got a book of things commentators should say and she’s trying to use as many as she can” :lol:

Such outdated bigoted views, some of you lot live in the dark ages. We should be encouraging women’s commentary not putting it off. When will we have a gay commentator?

Jonathan Pierce and Guy Mowbray are actually married to each other.

The Premier League is now about unbelievable sums of money with players earning far more in a week than most football supporters earn in a year. Its made the game all about money with results at Any Cost. Playing football, 'playing the game' is now a laughable anachronism. The outcome is constant cheating. Players know that punishments for cheating don't matter and so do the coaches and managers, who only ever complain about cheating by the other team and are blind about cheating by their own team.

VAR was intended to make some difference, but has only resulted in more inconsistency in decisions.

One serious area for cheating are the is the attempts to gain penalties. The penalty kick is far too great a reward for many real fouls that happen where there is no chance of a goal from open play.

Off the field, cheating by clubs also includes finding ways to avoid the Financial Fair Play rules. The Manchester City case is a rare example of seeing these inadequate rules being tested.

The football authorities need to take very serious action to recover our great game from the various sicknesses it's suffering from, but money is at the root of all of them.

Sorry not to offer solutions, but they are far beyond any simple football fan. We are just the fodder from which the money is extracted.

The Premier League is now about unbelievable sums of money with players earning far more in a week than most football supporters earn in a year. Its made the game all about money with results at Any Cost. Playing football, 'playing the game' is now a laughable anachronism. The outcome is constant cheating. Players know that punishments for cheating don't matter and so do the coaches and managers, who only ever complain about cheating by the other team and are blind about cheating by their own team.

VAR was intended to make some difference, but has only resulted in more inconsistency in decisions.

One serious area for cheating are the is the attempts to gain penalties. The penalty kick is far too great a reward for many real fouls that happen where there is no chance of a goal from open play.

Off the field, cheating by clubs also includes finding ways to avoid the Financial Fair Play rules. The Manchester City case is a rare example of seeing these inadequate rules being tested.

The football authorities need to take very serious action to recover our great game from the various sicknesses it's suffering from, but money is at the root of all of them.

Sorry not to offer solutions, but they are far beyond any simple football fan. We are just the fodder from which the money is extracted.

Well said Professor. I agree with you all the way.

Without doubt the worst performance I’ve ever heard. She makes Garth Crooks sound like John Arlott. If she had a penis she’d be nowhere near a TV studio.

Horrendous, I bet she’s ugly as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Without doubt the worst performance I’ve ever heard. She makes Garth Crooks sound like John Arlott. If she had a penis she’d be nowhere near a TV studio.

Horrendous, I bet she’s ugly as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bet she wouldn’t stand a chance with a handsome fella (who really really likes girls) like you.

You and and that ginger manager could slap her about a bit let her know her place in the man’s game.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4384856/At-woman-doesn-t-sobbing-lawyers.html

Not really going our way this afternoon. Hoping for a draw between Arsenal and Everton.

I disagree. Puts Watford in further do do and Norwich almost down. Just need West Ham to lose tomorrow. Or do you mean Europe for saints...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. Puts Watford in further do do and Norwich almost down. Just need West Ham to lose tomorrow. Or do you mean Europe for saints...?

Couldn’t give a flying f**k about Norwich at Watford. If we forfeit our last 11 games we will finish above those two.

If we can find some consistency 8th and possible European football is a semi-realistic goal.

Couldn’t give a flying f**k about Norwich at Watford. If we forfeit our last 11 games we will finish above those two.

If we can find some consistency 8th and possible European football is a semi-realistic goal.

Beyond Watford/Norwich...have you seen Bournemouth's remaining fixtures? :scared:

In my opinion getting into Europe would be pretty hard to handle for a club with as thin a squad as ours and lack of cash (or willing) to buy decent cover players. Also not sure we will finish above Wolves and Everton (or Sheffield Utd or Arsenal or Man U), but there you go.

In my opinion getting into Europe would be pretty hard to handle for a club with as thin a squad as ours and lack of cash (or willing) to buy decent cover players. Also not sure we will finish above Wolves and Everton (or Sheffield Utd or Arsenal or Man U), but there you go.

If we bring Hoedt, Carillo, Lemina, Elyanoussi back in we have a big enough squad.