2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

It's an odd choice. Guess it's "people want to see the best teams" but I don't buy into that. Football fans want to see decent matches not city or liverpool strolling games.

Fulham are going to get absolutely battered. Down to 10 like that early on gives me memories of the Leicester game.

If you put a tenner on the 3 favourites in today’s TV games you wouldn’t even win a fiver.

Tv just know Utd and Liverpool have loads of fans and don’t give a sh1t that games are processions.

I would just like to say I wish we could have the Saints equivalent of the current Coventry kit next season. Beautiful stuff.

I was thinking exactly the same.

I’ve still got my Hummel shirt and it still looks class.

Always reminds me of Jimmy Case at Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, but they ain't coming back to win this one. It's 5-0 now!
I think that Micky Mellons insinuation that United might blame the state of the pitch if they were to lose has perhaps backfired a tad. 6 nil in less than an hour.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

But with VAR surely Shrewsbury would have had a blatant penalty?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

But maybe not, the penalty that they actually got, initial contact outside of the box. Swings and roundabouts... shame really, I think when they reflect on the game they will see it as a chance lost to win the tie. They had good chances to score, and only a very soft own goal got liverpool a replay.

Jurgen Klopp says that no senior players will be involved in the FA Cup fourth round replay and he won’t manage the team. Neil Critchley will be in charge.

Pretty arrogant and disrespectful in my opinion.

Will this be allowed by the FA?

Jurgen Klopp says that no senior players will be involved in the FA Cup fourth round replay and he won’t manage the team. Neil Critchley will be in charge.

Sounds like they already had a little holiday planned for the winter break so he's going to allow his players time off and play academy players in replay, gives Shrewsbury a chance I suppose and they'll no doubt take 8000 fans.

The Premier League ordered all clubs to respect the winter break and not organise any games during their time off - the whole point of it coming in is to protect the players' welfare.

For the FA to then organise fixtures during the break - to hell with the players'welfare - is far more arrogant than Klopp following the rules they all agreed to.

The winter break was inked in a year ago. The FA have had all that time to plan their flagship competition in a competent manner, accomodating these changes. That they haven't is both ridiculous and utterly predictable.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

It may come across as arrogant, but in reality he's only doing what the FA themselves mandated when they bought in the winter break.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51256760

The Premier League ordered all clubs to respect the winter break and not organise any games during their time off - the whole point of it coming in is to protect the players' welfare.

For the FA to then organise fixtures during the break - to hell with the players'welfare - is far more arrogant than Klopp following the rules they all agreed to.

The winter break was inked in a year ago. The FA have had all that time to plan their flagship competition in a competent manner, accomodating these changes. That they haven't is both ridiculous and utterly predictable.

They’ve got to fit the replays between the rounds. That is not arrogance. Give me strength

It's typical PL making decisions without reference to anyone else.

Wrong. The mid season break was conceived and agreed by the Premier League, the FA and the EFL in cooperation.

"This is a significant moment for English football and one that we believe will greatly benefit both club and country," Martin Glenn, FA chief executive, said. "It's no secret that we have a very congested fixture calendar and over recent years we have been working with the whole game to find a solution.

"Today's announcement proves that football can come together for the good of the game. We have also found a way to give the players a much-needed mid-season break, whilst keeping the much-loved Christmas schedule in place.

"As we head into summer international tournaments in the future we are sure that this mid-season break will prove to be a valuable addition for our players."

That the FA are backtracking on their commitment is, I think, a justifiable cause for grumbling from Klopp and others who have planned their players' workloads around a supposedly etched-in-stone break "for the players".

We should be the most ticked off, though. Of the clubs having their break cut short, it's Saints who are the most affected, going from 14 to 10 days between fixtures.

the FA Cup is a separate competition to the Premier League.

Unless this 'ordered rest' (no overseas friendlies. No sir) came from the FA?

That would be the FA Premier League, would it? The Premier League is part of the FA. Although it is run separately the FA have powers of veto over PL rule changes. Sounds to me like left hand and right hand. The FA Cup replays should be before or after the break (if there is going to be one). The FA should have thought this through when they planned the dates for the Cup.

Wrong. The mid season break was conceived and agreed by the Premier League, the FA and the EFL in cooperation.

"This is a significant moment for English football and one that we believe will greatly benefit both club and country," Martin Glenn, FA chief executive, said. "It's no secret that we have a very congested fixture calendar and over recent years we have been working with the whole game to find a solution.

"Today's announcement proves that football can come together for the good of the game. We have also found a way to give the players a much-needed mid-season break, whilst keeping the much-loved Christmas schedule in place.

"As we head into summer international tournaments in the future we are sure that this mid-season break will prove to be a valuable addition for our players."

That the FA are backtracking on their commitment is, I think, a justifiable cause for grumbling from Klopp and others who have planned their players' workloads around a supposedly etched-in-stone break "for the players".

We should be the most ticked off, though. Of the clubs having their break cut short, it's Saints who are the most affected, going from 14 to 10 days between fixtures.

The FA showing a complete lack of intelligence in agreeing to it. Hardly like replays are a unfathomable new occurence.

Remember the games are staggered for the winter break. If Bournemouth earn a replay tonight their winter break will not be shortened.

Why not play the replay this week? Didn't they used to play replays the week after the tie?

They used to but the police decided that they need longer to prepare. There were times when multiple replays were held within a couple of days of each other, sometimes Tuesday then Thursday.

Fair enough. But there was a clear lack of cooperation in fixing the dates.

Ah well, ditch replays next year and just make sure the lower leagued club is at home for the tie.

Far too sensible. Behave yourself.

The FA will introduce a tiddlywinks play-off combined with a shin kicking competition AFTER 10 replays have been had.

Followed by Silver Goal.

Ah well, ditch replays next year and just make sure the lower leagued club is at home for the tie.

That would be bad for the lower league clubs, they share the gate receipts so like a non-league club getting an away game at like Arsenal or something can literally keep them funded for years.

That would be bad for the lower league clubs, they share the gate receipts so like a non-league club getting an away game at like Arsenal or something can literally keep them funded for years.

Beat me to it - most league one and two teams have a grasp of reality in realising that divine intervention is the only likely way they will be finding themselves in the final. When the 3rd round draw is made and the remaining minnows and Lower league clubs are interviewed they just about all want to play a big team with a big stadium - players to tick a box, club for a lumpy cash injection.

Beat me to it - most league one and two teams have a grasp of reality in realising that divine intervention is the only likely way they will be finding themselves in the final. When the 3rd round draw is made and the remaining minnows and Lower league clubs are interviewed they just about all want to play a big team with a big stadium - players to tick a box, club for a lumpy cash injection.

Give them the option to switch if they wish. Some Championship & div 2 grounds are big enough to make good money from that game and more chance of a replay/upset if at home.

Possibly their best chance of a trophy this season gone. FA Cup or bust though of course they'll be happy with CL.

Kudos to Villa but they're in a relegation battle. They could do what their neighbours and rivals did 9 years ago...