2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Such an overrated side. Seem to be many pundits' picks to break top 6. They are a bit like the new West Ham, paying all that money for Iwobi, for example, is just reckless spending. And they still have Calvert-Lewin leading the line, I don't see him becoming anything more than another Victor Anichebe.

The way the table has gone so far is really interesting. No real standout sides apart from City and Liverpool, and no side playing particularly poorly.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I didn't watch the game but they seem to have done very well to fight back today. If it had stayed as it was at HT they would have been looking at 1 point and a -8 GD after 5 games. As we know from last season, failing to get the points on the board in the early season will result in a season-long struggle.

Although they ended up playing some decent stuff in the second half, it was less a fight back by Watford and more than a capitulation by Arsenal. Shocking defending for the first, the sort of present opposition teams can only dream of, and a lazy challenge in the box for the second. That was definitely two points dropped by Arsenal.

Why do people talk about 4/5 games as if it’s going to be a whole season?

Liverpool are playing well but haven’t really been tested yet. They will have a bad spell like they did last year when they threw away a 7 point lead. An injury to one of their key players and it’s a different story. Likewise City won’t be that bad again.

IMO the problem Liverpool have versus City is they have an additional rival club to play twice a season - Man U and Everton. The vitriol in those four matches means that often form and quality go out of the window resulting in less predictable results. City only really have any sort of rivalry with Utd and even then I don't think it creates the same sort of impassioned derbies that Liverpool encounter four times a season.

Everyone seems to be raving about West Ham. They have had a decent window, better than their usual scattergun approach. But their results aren't exactly much more impressive than ours given who they've played.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Alan Brazil was saying on Talk****e this morning that outside of the Top 6 there is very little quality, aside maybe in Everton's and Leicester's squads. Clearly we're sneaking under the radar then as with Boufal, Djenepo and Redmond still to come back, I think attacking wise we have quite a lot of quality. West Ham are a strange one, talk of them breaking into the top 6 or 8 but they're still West Ham, a decent team on paper but still under perform against the likes of Villa.

Long may we sneak under the radar too. It was like back in the Koeman days when we were flirting with top 4 and we were still getting glossed over by the media.

Alan Brazil was saying on Talk****e this morning that outside of the Top 6 there is very little quality, aside maybe in Everton's and Leicester's squads. Clearly we're sneaking under the radar then as with Boufal, Djenepo and Redmond still to come back, I think attacking wise we have quite a lot of quality. West Ham are a strange one, talk of them breaking into the top 6 or 8 but they're still West Ham, a decent team on paper but still under perform against the likes of Villa.

Long may we sneak under the radar too. It was like back in the Koeman days when we were flirting with top 4 and we were still getting glossed over by the media.

Think they're in the medias eye because they're attacking players are very good on paper (and cost a load of money!) Lanzini (£m?), Anderson (£40m), Haller (£45m), Fornals (£30m), Yarmolenko (£20m). They also put themselves in the medias eye quite a lot anyway. However they're still not great defensively, their midfield isn't great and they struggle. Don't think they have a chance of breaking into the top 6 if I'm honest. Leicester got the best chance IMO.

City going all out for 9 goals here. A bit of a ****ish thing to do given they have the victory, does not make up for losing to Norwich.

Why? I'd hope that Saints bust a gut trying to score nine past those fishy barstewards on Tuesday, and that they are still trying to sore at the final whistle.

Not sure why sky insist on having Carragher on the commentary team for every Liverpool game

Just makes for the most nauseating bias every game. Surely he's not helping business?

Soccer Saturday - ex players Le Tiss, Thompson, Nicholas and Merson not allowed to watch their ex teams because of bias.

Live Matches - forget the above, the more bias the better it seems.

Ridiculous

Leicester should give us all hope.

Like us they had to suffer Puel and like us they were on a heavy decline.

But with the right appointments + right recruitment they have regrouped, reunited fans and reignited the hope.

Fair play to them. They always had the right ingredients but a lot like us, the wrong chef.

Well you can spend hundreds of millions on players and then totlally negate it all by appointing Steve Bruce instead of the decent manager that you already had...

Even more reason they will go. Fans won’t have the Benitez loyalty and imagine games will get toxic.

Leicester showing how to play against ten men. Spread the ball wide, run at them, pace.

But, to be fair, they're already winning and the ten men are Newcastle, not Spurs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11 men Newcastle are easier to score against than 10 men Spurs. And are more likely to score as well.

Anybody watching Leeds West Brom?

I pay for champs lge and i would rather watch this!

Fantastic linesman decision rendering VAR redundant.

Why can't all football be like this?

Cracking game at the moment. I notice Austin is on the bench for the Baggies and no sign of him coming on when they need a goal either. Having a slow start to his career up there.