2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Still think Sheff United will be in the relegation mix up come the end of the season. Some promoted sides take a while to get sussed out by the rest of the league (remember Hull a few seasons back) and i think that may be the case with them. They could struggle for goals relying on the likes of Mousset, McGoldrink and Sharp

I think this but it depends on how many points they can pick up through December. Until Boxing Day (inclusive) they've got some kind fixtures that they could pick up points in - but they have a horrific January, which could dent their confidence. Losing to Newcastle in a game they probably thought they could get points in may already hurt them.

Certainly if we can continue to pick up points, as I believe Everton will eventually do, some teams in the group above us could certainly suffer. Even Palace and their amazing season are only 6 points ahead of us. I still think the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Villa and Brighton will be well in the mix come the end of the season, possibly even Newcastle too. A couple of games ago it was hard to see us catch up let alone think about safety - let's hope we continue to pick up points and not be one of those teams that other relegation-threatened teams consider as "certs for a relegation spot".

Basically the league from 7th to 18th has now turned into the Championship with teams all bunched together, two wins in a row = Europe, two defeats in a row = relegation.

We just need to stay in that mix. Which means we need a bloody good December.

Basically the league from 7th to 18th has now turned into the Championship with teams all bunched together, two wins in a row = Europe, two defeats in a row = relegation.

We just need to stay in that mix. Which means we need a bloody good December.

Yes, and a good January...ie CB and CM.

Back in the bottom three, ffs. Absolutely no respite for us whatsoever.

Would have been satisfied to have seen Everton spend some time down there for a while, especially seeing Duncan Fergusons cringeworthy celebrations, could do with them being cut short too.

3-1 Everton, **** sake.

Dont think we need to worry about Everton. They will get a new manager and throw money about in January and be comfortably mid-table. Our focus is Watford, Norwich, Brighton, Villa, Newcastle, Sheff United, Bournemouth, Burnley. Theyll be some of the teams scrapping it out

Dont think we need to worry about Everton. They will get a new manager and throw money about in January and be comfortably mid-table. Our focus is Watford, Norwich, Brighton, Villa, Newcastle, Sheff United, Bournemouth, Burnley. Theyll be some of the teams scrapping it out

Agree, Everton are a top half team, severely underperforming. They will do enough to pull away eventually, regardless of who is in charge.

What this result, along with Norwich beating City and Brighton beating Arsenal, does show is that you can’t just be happy with an ‘improved performance’ at Arsenal the other week. Big teams have poor weekends all the time. If your rivals are taking these opportunities, sitting there rationalising a 96th minute equaliser as, "I’d have taken a point before the game," simply isn’t good enough.

Agree, Everton are a top half team, severely underperforming. They will do enough to pull away eventually, regardless of who is in charge.

What this result, along with Norwich beating City and Brighton beating Arsenal, does show is that you can’t just be happy with an ‘improved performance’ at Arsenal the other week. Big teams have poor weekends all the time. If your rivals are taking these opportunities, sitting there rationalising a 96th minute equaliser as, "I’d have taken a point before the game," simply isn’t good enough.

Agreed, a bit more composure in those games and were 3pts better off.

Looks like Liverpool are having an off day too, vs Bournemouth. Ffs!

Prettty bad results for us, all in. Only Bournemouth getting sucked in was decent

Which league table are you looking at? Burnley and Bournemouth getting batter is good news. We’re exactly halfway between Watford and Palace too, so a draw there is prefect. It’s only the Everton game which went wrong and they won’t be in the relegation mix come the start of May IMO.

Let’s be honest, Everton won’t be in the mix at the end of the season, so perhaps dropping back into the bottom 3 will give us a few extra % determination tomorrow. I just fear that the Leicester result will send us down due to our shockingly bad goal difference.

I keep thinking back to the end of the season before last, us being only 3 points ahead of Swansea going into our last match against City, and them at home to Stoke. But we knew we were safe because we had something like a +9 goal difference to them. I hope we aren't on the other side of that this time.

Having said that, a horrific goal difference is only a 0.5 point penalty. Losing at home to the likes of Bournemouth is a lot more damaging.

That kind of handball was given all season long. VAR said no for a City penalty. Surprised, Liverpool running away with the title, would have thought the PL would want the title race to be interesting to protect their brand.

City have given up, but Leicester could keep it interesting. They are on fire and don't have CL distractions.

People critizising VAR are bonkers, I prefer a ref to look at a slow motion of an incident that a crappy ref seing it in real time.

They may get some wrong but it stops from schoking decisions occuring often which was the case when var wasn t around

problem is consistency. It’s all over the place. Rules change game to game, club to club it appears

The point is one minute a goal is being celebrated, then var is consulted and after a long time it is confirmed or denied so the whole experience is ruined . Afterwards the decision appears to be debatable so we are back to square one where one side are in agreement and the other think it’s a fix and the system is biased , a bit like the ref deciding in real time .

Verdict VAR is just as bad so scrap it now.

Verdict VAR is just as bad so scrap it now.

The version of VAR we have and the way it is used are the problems. It's too subjective and a mess.

Other sports prove that video review can be a very good way of eliminating errors, but it has to be transparent and not just used or not used on the whim of the video ref.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The 96th minute equalizer against Arsenal keeps getting worse and worse. Now West Ham are taking advantage of them. We really ruined that game with such sloppy attempts at finishing and also goalkeeping/defending to see out the game.
Agreed. Watching them tonight, how bad were we not to win?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The 96th minute equalizer against Arsenal keeps getting worse and worse. Now West Ham are taking advantage of them. We really ruined that game with such sloppy attempts at finishing and also goalkeeping/defending to see out the game.

Someone looks like a right plonker now...