2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Had a soft spot for Bournemouth once but no longer, their fans are utter helmets and I hope they drop.

Wish they were our next game so that we could do a proper job on them after their cup final result at St Mary’s a few months ago.

Bournemouth are only 5 points behind us and play Watford, Norwich and Brighton in their next 3 league games so could quite easily be back above us soon, impossible to predict relegation spots this season, so many inconsistent sides.

Pearson has worked wonders at Watford, really turned them around.

Bournemouth are only 5 points behind us and play Watford, Norwich and Brighton in their next 3 league games so could quite easily be back above us soon, impossible to predict relegation spots this season, so many inconsistent sides.

They need to pick up points in those games big time because their last 10 games are pretty grim

Tend to agree, it's very tight at the bottom at the moment, and any team stringing 3 or 4 good results together can drag others into it (as we have proved). We are by no means out of this and need to keep our performance levels high otherwise we could get dragged back in.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Tend to agree, it's very tight at the bottom at the moment, and any team stringing 3 or 4 good results together can drag others into it (as we have proved). We are by no means out of this and need to keep our performance levels high otherwise we could get dragged back in.

Indeed. If we hadn't beaten Chelsea and spurs we would still be in a fair amount of trouble, particularly with our difficult next few games.

... and if we had lost to Villa, Norwich and Watford we would be bottom.
Exactly, I think the point is that none of the clubs at the bottom have thrown in the towel or given up. Even Norwich, who appear to be cut adrift, are still trying to play some decent stuff, and Watford have proved that they are also fast improving. As others have said, 40 points may not be enough for some clubs this year, if you're in the bottom half of this league, it's not a year for complacency.

Fcking pundits love in with Sheffield Utd on BT. You’d think they’d done a Leicester and run away with league. They are a whopping 4 points above us. Let’s not get carried away.
Exactly, also will be interesting to see how they do in their second season once other teams know what to expect, could struggle. Hope we beat them at SMS and do the double over them.

Even more odd that he's been nominated for Manager of the Month, and Ralph hasn't...

The Guradian thinks so too: "Meanwhile, it is very strange not to see the Austrian on the three-man shortlist for December’s manager of the month. Southampton won four, drew one and lost two in that period, which has been transformative for the former relegation strugglers, who are now up to 12th."

Hmm, I'll leave the typo in. :-)

Fcking pundits love in with Sheffield Utd on BT. You’d think they’d done a Leicester and run away with league. They are a whopping 4 points above us. Let’s not get carried away.

Think most highly paid pundits thought they were going to be the strugglers of this seasons new boys and had them down before the first game kicked off, and there they are hob-nobbing towards the top of the table, so I guess they feel they have to be overly complementary to dilute their earlier dismissive comments.

They without doubt "got passed to death" last night, think the festive endeavours were showing on them too, Man City then Liverpool both away is a trip to the frying pan then the fire.

Think most highly paid pundits thought they were going to be the strugglers of this seasons new boys and had them down before the first game kicked off, and there they are hob-nobbing towards the top of the table, so I guess they feel they have to be overly complementary to dilute their earlier dismissive comments.

They without doubt "got passed to death" last night, think the festive endeavours were showing on them too, Man City then Liverpool both away is a trip to the frying pan then the fire.

I watched most of last night's game and Sheffield Utd didn't really give it a go. They only seemed interested in keeping the score down and had no belief that they could get anything out of the game.

All in all a waste of my time :(

I watched most of last night's game and Sheffield Utd didn't really give it a go. They only seemed interested in keeping the score down and had no belief that they could get anything out of the game.

All in all a waste of my time :(

I could see the tactics. Don't come out to allow space behind. Try to frustrate. Hope fir something on the break. Rather like we played them in the FLC semi second leg.

But after the early goal, there was no plan B.

Also, Liverpool are very good at finding passes through packed defences.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Interestingly whilst several managers are moaning about the festive schedule, Sheff Utd ran the most of any team over the festive period but only picked up one injury.

And only 1 of the top 20 players who ran the most over the festive period picked up an injury (Deli Alli).

Which kind of shows that the complaints are probably not that valid and really the period is a test of club's squads and their fitness, clearly some premier league teams and players are fitter than others and are more able to cope with the demands.

Interestingly whilst several managers are moaning about the festive schedule, Sheff Utd ran the most of any team over the festive period but only picked up one injury.

And only 1 of the top 20 players who ran the most over the festive period picked up an injury (Deli Alli).

Which kind of shows that the complaints are probably not that valid and really the period is a test of club's squads and their fitness, clearly some premier league teams and players are fitter than others and are more able to cope with the demands.

Those who got injured would have had less playing time so further analysis would be necessary to see if your point is valid.

Didn't them and Liverpool have the longest rest times over the Xmas period?

Milivojevic red card for violent conduct - 3 match ban, should miss our game at Selhurst Park.
Think so. Oddly, yellows in cup games are considered separately to league games this year (don't count in the league yellow count, two yellows in cup games gets a one game cup ban) but reds count across all comps.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk