2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47125542

Klopp making comments that question the referees professionalism and integrity - wonder if these comments will be looked into.

As a "neutral" in this, I do find the treatment handed out to differing managers to be pretty poor in its consistency. If Maureen had said that, he would be keel hauled. When Kiopp says it, nothing happens at all - it's da passion innit?! I do like Pellegrini's comments though. That Klopp is used to beating him with offside goals and that he was happy to help City (being ex boss).

But fair does to Liverpool. They usually chuck it away before New Year. This year it might be February, or can they last long enough to win it??

I've always liked Klopp, I just think the pressure is getting to him and probably that is causing the whinging. All managers will at times in their careers moan about referees and decisions, pretty much every damn player does, some are better than others but most of these highly competitive people are generally bad losers.

At least it is looking far less certain than it was before, would love Spurs to come out of nowhere and win the league overtaking a bottle job Pool, but I doubt that will happen, but Liverpool seem to be getting their sticky patch and Man City seem to be coming out of theirs.

It's weird but despite how good Liverpool have been this year, I thought last year they looked much better and were more exciting to watch, they seem to be relying a lot more on not conceding rather than outscoring their opponents. Which might possibly end up hurting them if a few injuries in the defence happen and some more errors keep creaking in, because aside Mane, neither Firminho or Salah looks near the level they were last year so I don't think they are going to start scoring goals with ease like City are doing most games.

Probably the worst I’ve ever seen Firminho play, he was really poor. Baffling why they let Clyne go out on loan and are now having to play Milner there.

The main difference between them and City is the midfield, Liverpool looked so pedestrian and plain in there, whereas City are really creative. Maybe different when Lallana is fully match fit, but at the moment City can break sides down easier imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably the worst I’ve ever seen Firminho play, he was really poor. Baffling why they let Clyne go out on loan and are now having to play Milner there.

The main difference between them and City is the midfield, Liverpool looked so pedestrian and plain in there, whereas City are really creative. Maybe different when Lallana is fully match fit, but at the moment City can break sides down easier imo.

Just like us with Cedric and JWP.

Just like us with Cedric and JWP.

Is it? Was Clyne/Cedric ideally wanting to move or stay??

And look at it for what it is - one left a European giant to go to a small provincial club on the south coast, and the other left a small provincial club on the south coast to go to a European giant.

Is it? Was Clyne/Cedric ideally wanting to move or stay??

And look at it for what it is - one left a European giant to go to a small provincial club on the south coast, and the other left a small provincial club on the south coast to go to a European giant.

just putting my thought behind his reasoning, cos both do have equally massive, yet very different implications.

If Liverpool had kept Clyne, they may have won the league

Equally, if we had kept Cedric, we could have guaranteed our survival.

Of course the above is a very basic way of looking at it, and by no means am I saying Clyne leaving is the sole reason Liverpool won't win the league, but unless we have hindsight, it could have made that marginal difference in both cases, maybe Liverpool would have won had they played Clyne yesterday and Milner slotted into CM instead?

It's all hypothetical above really, not so much my view except if we were able to keep Cedric for an additional 6 months (and forgo the wages saved for 6 months- relegation costs more!), then I would have done so, and I presume that he would have been happy to continue playing for us for another 6 months.

just putting my thought behind his reasoning, cos both do have equally massive, yet very different implications.

If Liverpool had kept Clyne, they may have won the league

Equally, if we had kept Cedric, we could have guaranteed our survival.

Of course the above is a very basic way of looking at it, and by no means am I saying Clyne leaving is the sole reason Liverpool won't win the league, but unless we have hindsight, it could have made that marginal difference in both cases, maybe Liverpool would have won had they played Clyne yesterday and Milner slotted into CM instead?

It's all hypothetical above really, not so much my view except if we were able to keep Cedric for an additional 6 months (and forgo the wages saved for 6 months- relegation costs more!), then I would have done so, and I presume that he would have been happy to continue playing for us for another 6 months.

Thanks for saving me typing that out.

its been bought forward, should of been played League Cup Final weekend.
Ah, cheers. Can't remember a game ever being brought forward due to a cup tie before. (Which probably means it's not as rare as I think it is!)

I guess this is a choice by the clubs (given I don't believe the sane is happening to Chelsea's league game)?

Ah, cheers. Can't remember a game ever being brought forward due to a cup tie before. (Which probably means it's not as rare as I think it is!)

I guess this is a choice by the clubs (given I don't believe the sane is happening to Chelsea's league game)?

Nah, I think they moved City’s forward because they are righting on four fronts and are likely to do so, so best to get the game out of the way on the off chance that City struggle to find the time later.

I’m presuming PL think that they’ll definitely find space/time for Chelsea’s game against Brighton nearer time in April/May, especially now that replays from 5th round onwards have been removed

Or I could be completely wrong and this is all Pep’s plan to rearrange the game earlier just so he can get the points on board to put pressure on Liverpool and Everton being their Merseyside rivals obliged :lol:

Newport win. Now home to Man City. The pitch is awful. Wait for City to complain they can't be expected to play on it - and they'll probably get their way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What on earth makes you think they’ll get their way. When has a big club ever complained about the pitch and gotten the game rearranged.