2019/20 - Other Games

Batman

Not everyone on the forum, no.
I get the impression that 95% of neutrals dont want Liverpool to win the league. Most have have big time Charlie Scoucers who we know who like dishing the insults but get all precious when you reply. Will love to see McManaman and co seeing them lose the title.

I get the impression that 95% of neutrals dont want Liverpool to win the league. Most have have big time Charlie Scoucers who we know who like dishing the insults but get all precious when you reply. Will love to see McManaman and co seeing them lose the title.

I don’t want to see some giant, corporate, global brand buying the Premier League. In fact, there’s only one thing worse I can think of; a giant, corporate, global brand winning the Premier League and thinking they’re special, it’s good for football because of their great history, it’s where they deserve to be and everyone else should be pleased because they’re a ‘proper club’ with ‘proper fans’.

Actually two things, Pompey is the other.

I don’t want to see some giant, corporate, global brand buying the Premier League. In fact, there’s only one thing worse I can think of; a giant, corporate, global brand winning the Premier League and thinking they’re special, it’s good for football because of their great history, it’s where they deserve to be and everyone else should be pleased because they’re a ‘proper club’ with ‘proper fans’.

Actually two things, Pompey is the other.

I was about to take you seriously lol

The thing is if Liverpool lose the title to Man City we can go HA HA Liverpool but then the winners would be Man City , a club bought and had millions pumped into it just to give it's dodgy owners a better reputation for their country , nothing to do with jumpers for goalposts ..........................

The thing is if Liverpool lose the title to Man City we can go HA HA Liverpool but then the winners would be Man City , a club bought and had millions pumped into it just to give it's dodgy owners a better reputation for their country , nothing to do with jumpers for goalposts ..........................
You dont think that Liverpool for generations haven't had millions put in to put them where they are? The same goes for all the top clubs. Year on year they have spent more than all the others and so they have grown stronger. None of theirs has been jumpers for goalposts either. I dont know how long you have been watching football but in the 50+ years Ive devoted my spare tine to the game I have seen the gap get bigger and bigger

I agree. Liverpool for me ... unless Tottenham can somehow win every game from now while the other 2 falter under pressure :rolleyes:

Alisson - £67m

Virgil - £75m

Lovren - £20m - About £40m in today's money

Henderson - £20m - About £50m in today's money

Keita - £59m

Sturridge - £12m - About £30m in today's money

Mané - £36m - About £50m in today's money

Origi - £10m - About £20m in today's money

Shaqiri - £14m release fee

Lallana - £26m - About £52m in today's money

Firmino - £30m - About £50m in today's money

Fabinho - £39m

Wijnaldum - £25m - About £40m in today's money

AOC - £35m - About £40m in today's money

Salah - £40m - About £45m in today's money

Adjusted for the inflation of the recent TV deals, I make that £671m spent on those players I can be arsed to check.

And they have the nerve to say City are buying the title.

Was a piece on talksport about it today and nearly everyone said they'd rather city won it , Even Nottingham forest fans . A saints fan rang in and said he'd rather saints train at fratton park and us get relegated than seeing Vvd and co smiling as they lifted the trophy :lol:

My point was , although Liverpool are irritating and we would like them to do a Newcastle , the alternative is Man C which is in fact worse. Man U also but Spurs ? Well not so bad ! Jumpers etc refering to old style clubs but are there any left ? Bournemouth ??

The thought of Spurs winning the league makes me feel sick, almost as unpalatable as the victims.

I don’t have a problem with City, every other club nowadays has a dodgy foreign owner, theirs just have more wedge. City’s fans have endured decades of watching sh!te and they turned out in numbers even when in the third tier whilst Utd rubbed their noses in it. I quite enjoy watching them wipe the floor with traditional glory supporter clubs like Liverpool.

Following yesterday’s loss to City, here’s a “where has it all gone wrong” article by the Beeb on the mighty Everton...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47152237

“Everton might as well have piled up some of the cash spent on big deals in the middle of Goodison Park and set it ablaze for all the good it has done them.

Indeed, Everton can be held up as a shining example of how not to operate in the market...”

I’m sure some will find some parallels with the latter portion of the Les Reed era.

The thought of Spurs winning the league makes me feel sick, almost as unpalatable as the victims.

I don’t have a problem with City, every other club nowadays has a dodgy foreign owner, theirs just have more wedge. City’s fans have endured decades of watching sh!te and they turned out in numbers even when in the third tier whilst Utd rubbed their noses in it. I quite enjoy watching them wipe the floor with traditional glory supporter clubs like Liverpool.

Even more, for me. Spurs

I don't actually care who wins the league, and it doesn't matter.

Where Saints finish matters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Following yesterday’s loss to City, here’s a “where has it all gone wrong” article by the Beeb on the mighty Everton...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47152237

“Everton might as well have piled up some of the cash spent on big deals in the middle of Goodison Park and set it ablaze for all the good it has done them.

Indeed, Everton can be held up as a shining example of how not to operate in the market...”

I’m sure some will find some parallels with the latter portion of the Les Reed era.

Yet to out net spend them from the last 5 years wouldn't we still have 200-300m to waste before we got there?

#uberfan

It is possible to have an interest in football beyond your own team without it compromising your passion for said team.

Fair point. I do take an interest. But ultimately I just don't care who wins the title.

I do, however, very much hope that the fishy lot down the road continue to fade away.

If you want that for real, get yourself down to Fratton Park, they even have a manager called Jackett :)

I don't actually care who wins the league, and it doesn't matter.

Where Saints finish matters.

Most football fans have a general interest in all football, I know I do. Even if Saints aren’t playing watching Gillette Soccer Saturday is fascinating. I have many other football clubs I like ( Man City being one) and several I hate Liverpool and poopey being two.

Make this a sticky, so dont have to start one every round of fixtures?

Newcastle at spurs to start with today

Each round of fixtures is different, similar to the build up, match and post match threads.

Thank you Son, keeper error

may as well make this a sticky...people are using it for all fixtures now

It's been a largely depressing 2 and a half seasons Tbf.

Thought we'd hit rock bottom but club keeps surprising me/us

When you're cheap and lack bravery, eventually it catches up on you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk