Burnley 1-1 Saints - Reaction

Lighthouse

would have snatched a point at the start of the game but when you are 30 seconds from full time, leading...that is 2 points dropped

Another late goal conceded.

but a good point given we were without, Ings (for most of the game), Bertrand, Hoj, Lemina

be a good point if Cardiff lose.

Crouch all over the back of Stephens but the ref was always going to turn a blind eye to that after not giving the first half penalty shout.

Draw probably the fair result but still gutting to lose in that fashion.

Still unbeaten in 2019

Stephens has been a liability for ages. Not good enough for where we want to go. Idiot.

He's about the same ability as Hoedt but because we've had him since he was a kid and he's English, he's still "one for the future". Nowhere near PL standard.

Would have taken a draw at HT as we were very poor in the first half.

Scored a good goal but still didn't create much at all.

Burnley had by far the most of the play in the second half, mostly due to Shane Long's total inability to keep possession of the ball every time it was played up to him. They should have had a pen in the first half, and hit the woodwork, so it's no more than they deserve.

Shame we couldn't hold on to that lead for another 30 secs, but it would have been a very undeserved win anyway if we had.

Another point against a well organised team - another step closer to safety - especially if Cardiff lose later on.

Not great, but not a disaster either.

Sat too deep and invited pressure in the last twenty minutes. Asking for trouble. I have no idea why we can't go and close a game out instead of hanging on and trying to defend.

All through the game the commentators were banging on about the lack of penalties Burnley have had so it was kind of inevitable.

Soft penalty though. It came off his head onto his arm.

Annoying last minute penalty. Think Stephens is being fouled which is why he has his hand up. However they should of had a penalty in first half. Didn’t understand why long didn’t want to run the ball into the corner a minute earlier though.

Slattery was good I thought. Redmond excellent against. Defense was largely good.

Armstrong had one of those games where he was trying too hard to impress.

Thought we were poor again to be honest and had a lot of help from the ref again.

I kind of feel sorry for Stephens there as he didn't mean to handball it. But if your arms are up and it touches your hand its going to get given.

I felt Burnley were the better side, passed better, had better chances, seemed to want it more. We lacked that intensity we have seen in previous games.

At the start of the day I would have taken a draw as Burnley are a bastard side to play. Sad to see Ings injured again, hopefully not too bad. If it is Long and Austin are going to have to step up big time.