Saints vs Cardiff - Build up

SuperSAINT

yep, huge. I'd say must win too tbh- still remember that game in the Poch season when they beat us 1-0 at ours in a proper smash and grab.

It's hard to predict an exact line up without knowing injury statuses of Bertrand/Lemina/PEH and Ings, but I'd like to shift them 4 in as soon as possible.

Of course, in terms of predictions though, going to go 2-1 us. I don't see a clean sheet within us and think their goal will come either side of ours

just looked at the fixtures.

Fulham play Man U at the same time

a win is massive

Fulham are irrelevant, they are hopeless defensively and won’t be making up 7 points on the rest of the pack. They concede 2 in every game and are nothing special going forward.

Edited by Lighthouse

Although the late goal today was a ****er, the last 2 draws have not been terrible results.

But this one, we desperately need the 3 points, particularly if Cardiff win tonight (currently leading).

We could really do with getting some of the injured players back, Obafemi would be useful and WTF is going on with Bertrand?

Although the late goal today was a ****er, the last 2 draws have not been terrible results.

But this one, we desperately need the 3 points, particularly if Cardiff win tonight (currently leading).

We could really do with getting some of the injured players back, Obafemi would be useful and WTF is going on with Bertrand?

I was thinking that about Obafemi earlier, but I'm not sure he's even in training yet.

will our new manager bounce be over and we get turned over?

when we are dishing out debut starts to kids in away relegation 6 pointers....dear god

You really are a miserable sod who doesn't have a good thing to say about anything.

Really, it's quite sad and pathetic.

If you are referring to Slattery - he did well today as did Valery when he came on. DO you not have any pride that finally we are going back to what worked for us? Did you not feel any pride that nearly half the matchday squad were Academy graduates?

You really are a miserable sod who doesn't have a good thing to say about anything.

Really, it's quite sad and pathetic.

If you are referring to Slattery - he did well today as did Valery when he came on. DO you not have any pride that finally we are going back to what worked for us? Did you not feel any pride that nearly half the matchday squad were Academy graduates?

Seriously, I could not care less where a player is from.

Likewise, the manager.

None of them do it for free

I like Ings don’t get me wrong, but he’s a liability. Will never play more then 5 games in a row.

Less of a liability than nearly every other player we have signed for over 15 million in the last few years. Happy if he plays well when he plays even if it’s only 15 times a year compared to the other Shyte we have signed for big money

If we can't beat cardiff at home, then we dont deserve to stay up. Lets see what we are made of then.
This. Good revival but if we want to be comfortable in April and May then we have to win.

Hopefully Bertrand comes back in - we aren't good enough to not pick our best players.

This. Good revival but if we want to be comfortable in April and May then we have to win.

Hopefully Bertrand comes back in - we aren't good enough to not pick our best players.

The Bertrand thing is weird. Weird in that there has to be more to it than him not being fit.

Worrying fixture as Cardiff have shown plenty of fight. I was hoping for the Ralph style high intensity v Palace the other night but none of that was on display, just much of the same nervous, gutless stuff of the last two years even if we are a lot better organised.

Really need Hojberg, and hopefully Bertrand available. A fit and focused Lemina would be good, but you seldom see both of these features in his game at the same time.

Up front, god knows... the perpetually carrying an injury Ings, the carthorse Austin... or Shame Long. Gallagher should be on the bench at least as he gives an option the others don't.

I like Ings don’t get me wrong, but he’s a liability. Will never play more then 5 games in a row.

And he'll miss several games with each injury, month here and there , what % of minutes has he played since season? Not enough for someone who is supposed to be our main threat.

Not looking forward to this game at all, went to Cardiff away, they were shlte and still beat us. As well as we have improved under Ralph i don't think he has worked out how to break down sides like that, especially with our limited forward line. Another 1-1 .

And he'll miss several games with each injury, month here and there , what % of minutes has he played since season? Not enough for someone who is supposed to be our main threat.

Not looking forward to this game at all, went to Cardiff away, they were shlte and still beat us. As well as we have improved under Ralph i don't think he has worked out how to break down sides like that, especially with our limited forward line. Another 1-1 .

He's played in 18 of our 30 games so far and completed 1,323 minutes which is equal to 14.7 full games.

So pretty much a 1:2 ratio

Seriously, I could not care less where a player is from.

Likewise, the manager.

None of them do it for free

I have to agree, nobody gave a toss in the 80s , 90s or even up until some bright spark here said he wanted half the team from the academy.

What matters is are they good enough and from what I have seen the answer is no or being overly generous not yet.

Why do you think the club wants it’s academy players in the first team, it’s for the potential sale not some sentimental crap that we might get some super recognition for it.

Unfortunately for many reasons we have a pretty poor squad at the moment and despite what some say on here we are in danger of being relegated.

Yet some on here were telling us it was a good thing .

Some on here think they know it all yet they will be the first to moan at Long, Austin, Valery playing in the two positions we obviously needed to strengthen. Oh wait, we gad a right back didn’t we ? Portuguese international wasn’t it ? Not good enough to even act as cover apparently !!

McCarthy

Bednarek

Yoshida

Vestergaard

Valery

Bertrand

Romeu

Hoj

JwP

Redmond

Long

Cant see how it will be anyone else.

run out of players, certainly going forward.

With Hoj and Yoshida, and hopefully Bertrand, back in the starting 11, then I would expect to see a much better performance all round than we saw over the last two games against Palace and Burnley.

Up front though, I would be more inclined to play Gallagher than Long if Ings isn't fit (which seems likely). He couldn't possibly perform any worse than Long did yesterday.

When is Obafemi back? Got the impression from Ralph he wasn't too far away. Him and Redmond up front could be interesting. Otherwise probably needs to be Austin to start. Long useless. Just have to hope we get enough goals before 60th minute at which point Austin will be on his knees.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I think you put an accidental 0 after the 6. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk