Liam Neeson

whelk

Lucky for him it wasn't a white guy because presumably he would've found one pretty quickly.
He said he was looking for a black person who would be aggressive towards him so he could kill them. Presumably he would have had to not only find one but find someone who is prepared to be aggressive to him first. I doubt there are that many people just walking around in public looking to fight someone thankfully.

He said he was looking for a black person who would be aggressive towards him so he could kill them. Presumably he would have had to not only find one but find someone who is prepared to be aggressive to him first. I doubt there are that many people just walking around in public looking to fight someone thankfully.

Depends where GM is at the time

If had been white American male, would he have wandered the streets looking for a white American male to batter? Just wondering.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/liam-neeson-good-morning-america-15784182.amp

Neeson said he would have had the same reaction if his friend, who has since died, had told him she was raped by a white man.

He added: "If she had said Irish or Scot or a Brit or a Lithuanian, I know it would have had the same effect.

"I was trying to show honour to and stand up for my dear friend in this terrible medieval fashion."

He also said he was walking around black areas of this city, (whatever city this was) for a week looking to find a black man to fight. He obviously wasn't looking very hard and clearly had no real intention of doing it. Seriously poor effort to walk around an area with large population of black people and not managing to find anyone to fight in a week.

Still, there has been the usual outpour of OUTRAGE from everyone about it all. He was obviously trying to make the point that anger, revenge, retribution, call it what you will, makes people think and behave irrationally, which is what his new film is about. I see there is more OUTRAGE this morning that he didn't apologies yesterday about it all. He said he was ashamed about his actions and that they were 40 years ago FFS!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/liam-neeson-good-morning-america-15784182.amp

Neeson said he would have had the same reaction if his friend, who has since died, had told him she was raped by a white man.

He added: "If she had said Irish or Scot or a Brit or a Lithuanian, I know it would have had the same effect.

"I was trying to show honour to and stand up for my dear friend in this terrible medieval fashion."

It is probably more difficult to walk around looking for a Lithuanian.

Have you changed your mind about John Barnes being a "moron"?

No. My point was more about the hypocrisy of many of those who've jumped all over Barnes remark as some sort of vindication presumably because he's a black man. But that wasn't reflected in my original post, so dropped it.

No. My point was more about the hypocrisy of many of those who've jumped all over Barnes remark as some sort of vindication presumably because he's a black man. But that wasn't reflected in my original post, so dropped it.

Maybe I should have agreed with Piers Morgan instead

I'm sure the actual conversation didn't go exactly like this, but who asks:

"Do you know them?"

"No"

"What colour is he?"

This will come across as very insensitive, but did he just make this story up in his mind to help him get into character for the movie? I've not seen the movie, so that might be way off the mark. When people say "This is a true story" it makes me wonder why they said it.

"Do you know them?"

"No"

"What colour is he?"

This will come across as very insensitive, but did he just make this story up in his mind to help him get into character for the movie? I've not seen the movie, so that might be way off the mark. When people say "This is a true story" it makes me wonder why they said it.

He probably asked her to describe him and she said he was black. That's not really an unusual conversation even if his actions were a bit weird as he admits himself.

"Do you know them?"

"No"

"What colour is he?"

indeed, those lines make it look like he was already seeking an excuse to target someone for their skin colour, but the conversation recounted seems odd to the degree that it is doubtful those were the exact words.

indeed, those lines make it look like he was already seeking an excuse to target someone for their skin colour, but the conversation recounted seems odd to the degree that it is doubtful those were the exact words.
It was also decades ago so he's hardly likely to remember he exact nuances of the conversation.

He probably asked her to describe him and she said he was black. That's not really an unusual conversation even if his actions were a bit weird as he admits himself.

I don’t actually notice if people are black. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.

People who love to see racism , homophobia, Islamaphobia at every turn and themselves as self righteous are an issue.

I don’t actually notice if people are black. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.

People who love to see racism , homophobia, Islamaphobia at every turn and themselves as self righteous are an issue.

I'm pretty similar. I see there's a few virtue signalling loons doing the usual thing of calling people closet racists for merely discussing this interview.

Same here.

I only noticed Guly was black towards the end of our Championship season. Crazy, huh!

Oh good. Another thread for closet racists to self-identify.

Thanks for er.. verbalizing exactly what I was thinking. No point commenting further.

Funny how these two pipe up making those comments. Verbal with his usual racism comments and Sue whistle commenting that she had no comment to make, just to prove how virtuous she is. These Two are two of the most pious, self righteous individuals to ever post on the internet. Rather than discuss what he actually said, how he admitted to something from 40 years ago, said he was ashamed of himself and he learnt from it, they chose to point the racism finger at anyone who won’t wave their cyber pitchforks in the air demanding he be strung up. Amazing for people who consider themselves so virtuous.

If I saw a crime committed and am asked to describe the assailant do I say he was wearing a coat or a white coat to help find the perpetrator. Surely we are programmed to notice the main things that would help to narrow the suspect down. We notice tall/short/ skin colour/ fat/thin/ hair tone etc etc. Is that racism??

The most ridiculous part of this story is that what he says almost certainly never happened.

Nobody knows who he is talking about and the rape victim is now conviniently dead. The way he says in the interview "I've never told this to anyone before and can't believe I'm telling a journalist of all people!" makes it, to me, very transparent that it is all just one big publicity stunt that has spectacularly backfired for him.

If I saw a crime committed and am asked to describe the assailant do I say he was wearing a coat or a white coat to help find the perpetrator. Surely we are programmed to notice the main things that would help to narrow the suspect down. We notice tall/short/ skin colour/ fat/thin/ hair tone etc etc. Is that racism??

I was taking the p1ss. At work recently I was asked who a member of staff was. I said the black fella a few desks down. It was almost a tumbleweed moment as I had dared describe him as black. Could have said the guy in the crimson shirt to be clear I am very much not racist.

Getting comical where people see prejudice and under some illusion that no one else would notice

Funny how these two pipe up making those comments. Verbal with his usual racism comments and Sue whistle commenting that she had no comment to make, just to prove how virtuous she is. These Two are two of the most pious, self righteous individuals to ever post on the internet. Rather than discuss what he actually said, how he admitted to something from 40 years ago, said he was ashamed of himself and he learnt from it, they chose to point the racism finger at anyone who won’t wave their cyber pitchforks in the air demanding he be strung up. Amazing for people who consider themselves so virtuous.

Spot on. These are the sorts that want to give people tags whereas others judge as they find.

I don’t actually notice if people are black.

I'm pretty similar.

Seriously poor effort to walk around an area with large population of black people and not managing to find anyone to fight in a week.

As I say, thanks for piping up. Good to know where you are.

Obviously saying you don't notice that someone is black does not literally mean that you are incapable of distinguishing skin colour. It means you don't consciously factor it into your thinking in your daily interactions with the general population. I treat all my friends, colleagues and family the same way and what shade their skin colour happens to be is entirely irrelevant. How sad that the likes of Verbal and suewhistle cannot exist without being paralysed by race issues all the time. That must be a difficult life.

I was taking the p1ss. At work recently I was asked who a member of staff was. I said the black fella a few desks down. It was almost a tumbleweed moment as I had dared describe him as black. Could have said the guy in the crimson shirt to be clear I am very much not racist.

Getting comical where people see prejudice and under some illusion that no one else would notice

I trust you didn't assume your co-worker's gender.

It's weird how a lot of white people (including some on here) seem to be a lot more offended than the likes of Whoopi and John Barnes. Odd that.

This

You don’t know where I am. Plum

So let's sort out your comprehension problem.

The sort of low-level, unthinking racism exhibited on this thread is like dogsh it. And like dogsh it, you want to avoid it if possible. So knowing where it is is important. Especially if it's Turkish dogsh it, which wants to be dogsh it without being called dogsh it.

You're welcome.

So let's sort out your comprehension problem.

The sort of low-level, unthinking racism exhibited on this thread is like dogsh it. And like dogsh it, you want to avoid it if possible. So knowing where it is is important. Especially if it's Turkish dogsh it, which wants to be dogsh it without being called dogsh it.

You're welcome.

Poor lonely verbal seeing racism around every corner. No wonder his partner left him :(