Parking for the football and parking charge notices

saintmatt

• 3 weeks later...

Just had an email to a link and they have cancelled mine.

I was going to ignore it but in the end went down there and took photos etc. my argument was that I had parked in Sulzer UK, and there are no NO PARKING signs there whatsoever and no UKPC noticres in their car park either, was pretty confident of it being cancelled and fortunately I was right.

Just had an email to a link and they have cancelled mine.

I was going to ignore it but in the end went down there and took photos etc. my argument was that I had parked in Sulzer UK, and there are no NO PARKING signs there whatsoever and no UKPC noticres in their car park either, was pretty confident of it being cancelled and fortunately I was right.

I appealed and they sent me another fine but have appealed to some other organisation now. I should have taken photos on the night

I appealed and they sent me another fine but have appealed to some other organisation now. I should have taken photos on the night

Depends where you actually parked really, as i said, i was in a car park inside the car park and there were no signs in there, so got away with it.

I parked on the grass by the water. In fairness I always thought it was off but everyone else used to!

The signs do state grass verges, so that is a problem for you. You could argue that they are not lit enough (if yours was at night) but your best argument is that there has been no 'consultation period', clearly they are not going to consult with individuals on a one by one basis but, it is clear that a large number of people have used that car park for a number of years without hindrance. Therefore it almost becomes contractual, clearly it is not but there is a sense of inferred use. So for a company such as UKPC to come, without warning and slap signs up overnight and expect users of the car parks to suddenly take notice is unfair practise. You would expect that for a number of weeks warning signs would have been placed indicating a planned enforcement on such and such a date, therefore giving people good notice for find alternative parking. I think it is a strong case and I would suggest appealing on that basis and suggesting that this is the angle you are prepared to go to court on. Obviously your call, chances are that they do not really want to enforce these charges through courts, they rely on those that just pay. See who blinks first.

The signs do state grass verges, so that is a problem for you. You could argue that they are not lit enough (if yours was at night) but your best argument is that there has been no 'consultation period', clearly they are not going to consult with individuals on a one by one basis but, it is clear that a large number of people have used that car park for a number of years without hindrance. Therefore it almost becomes contractual, clearly it is not but there is a sense of inferred use. So for a company such as UKPC to come, without warning and slap signs up overnight and expect users of the car parks to suddenly take notice is unfair practise. You would expect that for a number of weeks warning signs would have been placed indicating a planned enforcement on such and such a date, therefore giving people good notice for find alternative parking. I think it is a strong case and I would suggest appealing on that basis and suggesting that this is the angle you are prepared to go to court on. Obviously your call, chances are that they do not really want to enforce these charges through courts, they rely on those that just pay. See who blinks first.

Thanks Noodles - I think I claimed it was pitch black so the signs were not visible. I certainly did not see them anyway.

• 2 weeks later...