Hasenhuttl ...can we criticise him yet...

saint lard

Yes I know his hands are tied with the board...

Yes I know he has what he has to work with...

But there is no real improvement at all.

All this talk of high press and fitness is ********.

He’s quick to criticise the fans for for being frustrated....he’s quick to run to the fans for the adulation.

Another false dawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way. We are in a dog fight. Our squad is probably one of the worst in the Prem so even against a team like Cardiff there are no guarantees. We have poor players and did not buy in the Jan window so Ralph doesn't have a lot to work with. If he keeps us up it will be a miracle. Even games against the lower placed teams are a lottery so we'll need a huge amount of luck to keep ahead of three teams by the end of the season. We don't have the squad to be able to go into games expecting to win.

RH put out a substandard team not capable of scoring defending or making a decent chance we are to slow at moving the ball and toothless up front

HE MAY NOT BE OUR SAVIOUR AFTER ALL . We are not playing one of the top six so lets at least try and win lets attack from the start not with 10 minutes to go

Worse Saints performance i have even sen in 50 years of watching

I was surprised he played three CB's at home against a side like Cardiff. Starting Long was also a strange decision given how dire he's been for some time. I also thought a player like Sims - on the bench last week, out altogether this, could have added something to our threadbare attack. It's hard not to see the January window as a hammer blow to our chances of staying up and highlights the thin quality in the squad.

Not really IMO. He has got more out the squad so far than I thought was capable.

Not his fault that some players aren't good enough nor that we struggle to sign players.

If we stay up it will be entirely because of Hasenhuttl.

Not really IMO. He has got more out the squad so far than I thought was capable.

Not his fault that some players aren't good enough nor that we struggle to sign players.

Agree Charlie.

Indeed.

We're 10th in the form table under Hassenhuttl. I'm sure most on here would have been happy with that run of form if asked back in November.

Think we look a lot more direct and dynamic in the midfield balls but as soon as it gets up front it's usually a tap back to midfield or played out wide enabling bodies to get back for the cross.

Think I need to watch some old RB leipzeg games to see how forwards who score are meant to perform.

If we had Ings fit today I think we would of won myself.

Think we look a lot more direct and dynamic in the midfield balls but as soon as it gets up front it's usually a tap back to midfield or played out wide enabling bodies to get back for the cross.

Think I need to watch some old RB leipzeg games to see how forwards who score are meant to perform.

If we had Ings fit today I think we would of won myself.

And there's the problem. Austin justs lumbers around the pitch, Long is stealing money from the club every week, and Gallagher and Obafemi will never be Premier League strikers.

Edited by badgerx16

Ralph was completely out thought by old Neil Warnock today.

Three at the back was a tragedy and should have been changed after 20 mins of repeat repeat tippy tappy between our Centre backs and not enough numbers in midfield.

Width was none existent particularly on the right where Valery is completely out of his depth. He was far too advanced and sat right in their left back. This meant there was no outlet from the midfield on the right hand side of the pitch as he didn’t drop 15 yds to be available for the pass. Additionally this pushed their left back back towards their back three leaving no space in behind for the ball into the channels. Valery is not intelligent enough to drop and receive.

Ralph was too slow to see what was happening and change it which is very concerning indeed.

Hodge was all over the place and his foul in injury time which lead to their winner was a very poor mistake to compound a very poor day at the office for him.

Long has now shot his bolt and cannot be tried again. This game was made for Austin - another poor decision from Ralph.

JWP played well despite being outnumbered in the middle and Rom was decent.

Heard Ralph’s interview after the game where he said we didn’t lose because of tactics - Well I have news for you Ralph we did lose because of tactics and coaching and you are at fault for that.

Bad day at the office for Ralph but we've seen this at home time and time again over the past few seasons. They problem goes a lot deeper than the manager. Players not up to it and a board that is seemingly happy to see us teetering on the edge of relegation. Every single fan knew we needed a striker, Ralph clearly wanted a striker but yet again the Board are failing us. Ah well, at least we're the net spend champions.

5 at the back with Long up front on his own at home to Cardiff.

The fact he brings all 11 players back every time we concede a corner/free kick is bemusing to say the least...

This has been Saints tactic for defending corners since Adkins was here, let's not use it as a stick to beat Hasenhuttl with. Dave Watson coaches the set pieces.

Can we also stop saying "why 5 at the back ffs!!!!11111" when we lose and raving about the 3 at the back and 2 attacking wing backs when we win.

It's 3 at the back. The wing backs drop deep when we are defending and act as wingers when we are attacking.

This has been Saints tactic for defending corners since Adkins was here, let's not use it as a stick to beat Hasenhuttl with. Dave Watson coaches the set pieces.

Can we also stop saying "why 5 at the back ffs!!!!11111" when we lose and raving about the 3 at the back and 2 attacking wing backs when we win.

It's 3 at the back. The wing backs drop deep when we are defending and act as wingers when we are attacking.

Yeah but with PEH and Romeo holding in the middle you can play a back 4 and still have attacking full backs.

Yeah but with PEH and Romeo holding in the middle you can play a back 4 and still have attacking full backs.

Except this formation allows for those two plus the centrebacks to roam forward, so you won't gain anything by switching to 4 at the back and having 2 centrebacks and 2 holding midfielders rigidly staying on or behind the half way line.

Except this formation allows for those two plus the centrebacks to roam forward, so you won't gain anything by switching to 4 at the back and having 2 centrebacks and 2 holding midfielders rigidly staying on or behind the half way line.

What if they were not rigid?