Hasenhuttl ...can we criticise him yet...

saint lard

His interview on Solent was very negative, sounded like ha accepts relegation.

To be fair most of the muppets on this website seem to be accepting relegation. He was obviously upset like the fans tight after the game but tomorrow is another day.

12 games to go. Still think we will be ok. Clearly we are better on the counter which will Help is pick up points away.

Saints vs Huddersfield last game whilst Cardiff are away to man united. Question is do you think we will be within 3 points of them come the last game. Will be close but my money is on staying up.

No way. We are in a dog fight. Our squad is probably one of the worst in the Prem so even against a team like Cardiff there are no guarantees. We have poor players and did not buy in the Jan window so Ralph doesn't have a lot to work with. If he keeps us up it will be a miracle. Even games against the lower placed teams are a lottery so we'll need a huge amount of luck to keep ahead of three teams by the end of the season. We don't have the squad to be able to go into games expecting to win.

It's worse than that. We sold.

To be fair most of the muppets on this website seem to be accepting relegation. He was obviously upset like the fans tight after the game but tomorrow is another day.

12 games to go. Still think we will be ok. Clearly we are better on the counter which will Help is pick up points away.

Saints vs Huddersfield last game whilst Cardiff are away to man united. Question is do you think we will be within 3 points of them come the last game. Will be close but my money is on staying up.

We'll be way clear of danger by then.

I think he sets us up with the 5 at the back because, defensively, he doesn't feel we're up to it. However, we're still conceding goals even with the 5. It also means we're lighter up front, in an area where we are already poor. We don't hold it up well nor do we carry a real threat when we go forward. Honestly, we may as well ditch the back 5 and try to support the front guys more, in the hope we exert more pressure on the opposition defence & keep the ball away from our own. Shane Long as the sole striker can never be the answer (unless the question is "which Premier League team has the worst first team centre forward?").

I think he sets us up with the 5 at the back because' date=' defensively, he doesn't feel we're up to it. However, we're still conceding goals even with the 5. It also means we're lighter up front, in an area where we are already poor. We don't hold it up well nor do we carry a real threat when we go forward. Honestly, we may as well ditch the back 5 and try to support the front guys more, in the hope we exert more pressure on the opposition defence & keep the ball away from our own. Shane Long as the sole striker can never be the answer (unless the question is "which Premier League team has the worst first team centre forward?").[/quote']

Problem is we will likely concede more, than we are now, with four at the back. Our biggest problem yesterday was almost all our attacks where straight down the middle instead of trying to get down the wings and behind the Cardiff defence. Long only works if you are going to play balls over the top or down the channels and put him in a foot race with CBs no chance of that happening against a team like Cardiff, sitting deep, we should have played Austin instead who is the most likely to score something in a crowded opposition box. We missed Armstrong's runs into the box from midfield yesterday to.

Problem is we will likely concede more, than we are now, with four at the back. Our biggest problem yesterday was almost all our attacks where straight down the middle instead of trying to get down the wings and behind the Cardiff defence. Long only works if you are going to play balls over the top or down the channels and put him in a foot race with CBs no chance of that happening against a team like Cardiff, sitting deep, we should have played Austin instead who is the most likely to score something in a crowded opposition box. We missed Armstrong's runs into the box from midfield yesterday to.

The main reason we couldn’t get it wide on the right was Valery who was too advanced and doesn’t show for the ball. He spent the whole game apart from one run ‘marking’ their left back - hopeless player... Or maybe decent if coached properly!

I think he sets us up with the 5 at the back because' date=' defensively, he doesn't feel we're up to it. However, we're still conceding goals even with the 5. It also means we're lighter up front, in an area where we are already poor. We don't hold it up well nor do we carry a real threat when we go forward. Honestly, we may as well ditch the back 5 and try to support the front guys more, in the hope we exert more pressure on the opposition defence & keep the ball away from our own. Shane Long as the sole striker can never be the answer (unless the question is "which Premier League team has the worst first team centre forward?").[/quote']

I think you're mostly right, just that the other 'benefit' of a back 3/5 is that it allows the full backs to push up and create some width. With a back 4 we'd rely on it coming from elsewhere and we simply have zero wingers in our squad (well, possibly sims).

Of course, teams know this which is why West Ham, palace and Cardiff (at least on bertrands side) put wingers on our wing backs to prevent them having free reign meaning we created the sum total of f@ck all in all three games. The only exception in all three games was Valery yesterday, who had some freedom and played as well as he ever has done.

We simply need another body up top, so he has to either sacrifice a centre back (and I think you're right, he's worried about doing that) or a midfielder. The issue with that is that it's our strongest part of the pitch - jwp, peh, Romeu, lemina, even slattery mean we have strength in depth there. What can't happen is playing three of those, plus a back three, leaving us with only two offensive players, especially in a must win game. And even more especially against a team happy to sit and defend. And even more especially if one of them is long, whose only asset is running from deep against tired legs, stretching a defence backwards when they're pushing up.

Ralph simply got it very wrong yesterday.

Personally, I'd sacrifice a midfielder, even though our midfield players are much better than our defenders, only because it helps provide width and I can't see any other way of getting it with our squad. However, I appreciate others might disagree.

What I can't fathom, and sympathise with Ralph for, is who in the hell your front three are, particularly when Armstrong and ings are injured. I don't actually have an issue with gabbi going, he didn't score and didn't suit the system. not replacing him is brainless, however. Austin can't run, long can't score, sims has 5 seconds of pl experience and a questionable championship loan behind him. Gallagher is considered worse than Austin and long so how bad must he be (he might not be, but what else can we surmise). Obafemi is 17 and injured. Eli is utterly pointless.

Unlike some on here, I do understand football finance, and do not expect us to have the attacking talent of a champions league team. I do, however, think a premier league football club board should somehow have managed to find slightly better attacking options than the utter shambles we have.

All is not lost and we may well survive, but for the second season running our board have made genuinely awful decisions (on the back of a season or two of poor decisions) that have made relegation a distinct possibility. If it goes wrong it will cost them as a business millions which I'd kind of find funny. But it will cost us fans a lot more than that, and I definitely won't find that funny.

How can you criticise him look at what the man has to work with?.Jack Stephens is not a premier league capable player. Why isn't Yosh playing? Our defence is continuous to many points I would throw the book at them and get them on double training sessions immediately. What is the point in attacking when we are to weak at the back sort the backline out first!

I think you're mostly right, just that the other 'benefit' of a back 3/5 is that it allows the full backs to push up and create some width. With a back 4 we'd rely on it coming from elsewhere and we simply have zero wingers in our squad (well, possibly sims).

Of course, teams know this which is why West Ham, palace and Cardiff (at least on bertrands side) put wingers on our wing backs to prevent them having free reign meaning we created the sum total of f@ck all in all three games. The only exception in all three games was Valery yesterday, who had some freedom and played as well as he ever has done.

We simply need another body up top, so he has to either sacrifice a centre back (and I think you're right, he's worried about doing that) or a midfielder. The issue with that is that it's our strongest part of the pitch - jwp, peh, Romeu, lemina, even slattery mean we have strength in depth there. What can't happen is playing three of those, plus a back three, leaving us with only two offensive players, especially in a must win game. And even more especially against a team happy to sit and defend. And even more especially if one of them is long, whose only asset is running from deep against tired legs, stretching a defence backwards when they're pushing up.

Ralph simply got it very wrong yesterday.

Personally, I'd sacrifice a midfielder, even though our midfield players are much better than our defenders, only because it helps provide width and I can't see any other way of getting it with our squad. However, I appreciate others might disagree.

What I can't fathom, and sympathise with Ralph for, is who in the hell your front three are, particularly when Armstrong and ings are injured. I don't actually have an issue with gabbi going, he didn't score and didn't suit the system. not replacing him is brainless, however. Austin can't run, long can't score, sims has 5 seconds of pl experience and a questionable championship loan behind him. Gallagher is considered worse than Austin and long so how bad must he be (he might not be, but what else can we surmise). Obafemi is 17 and injured. Eli is utterly pointless.

Unlike some on here, I do understand football finance, and do not expect us to have the attacking talent of a champions league team. I do, however, think a premier league football club board should somehow have managed to find slightly better attacking options than the utter shambles we have.

All is not lost and we may well survive, but for the second season running our board have made genuinely awful decisions (on the back of a season or two of poor decisions) that have made relegation a distinct possibility. If it goes wrong it will cost them as a business millions which I'd kind of find funny. But it will cost us fans a lot more than that, and I definitely won't find that funny.

Nice one well written! exactly how it is. Couldn't have put it any better than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hell yes it’s time to bloody criticise.

Poor team selection...poor tactics.

Trying to be too clever for his own good.

I think he believes his own hype....apparently he created trouble at Leipzig between him and Rangnick.

His ego seems to outweigh the players.

He’s doing nothing thus far except talk....and not produce.

I sincerely hope he can turn this shambles around....but at the moment,he’s not helping.

His honeymoon period was short lived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the last couple of weeks, he has been found wanting.

Obviously, we have a poor squad but he demanded a smaller squad and we shipped out experienced players. I believe he expected replacements but he still wanted certain players gone

He is not freezing out some of the experienced players we have left and no doubt, some fans will applaud him for it.

honeymoon period well and truly over and other teams are figuring him out.

An absolutely criminal transfer window. The board and owner should hang their heads in shame. Gao needs to sell, Kat seriously needs to f*ck off.

The manager has a hell of a job on his hands trying to keep us up with the sh*te he's got to work with.

Agree with absolutely all of that. Shambles, again. Gao, Krueger and Liebherr have seriously been let off the hook by our fans...so far.

Agree with absolutely all of that. Shambles, again. Gao, Krueger and Liebherr have seriously been let off the hook by our fans...so far.

You think it'll change ?

We're well past the 'branfoot' type protests in the car park, the support has changed, and the owners who are culpable, are too far removed for it to register with them. Time for a few 'open letters' on Forums or whip round for a fly-past anyone? I don't see the 'spoon fed' internet generation ramping this up to be honest.

You think it'll change ?

We're well past the 'branfoot' type protests in the car park, the support has changed, and the owners who are culpable, are too far removed for it to register with them. Time for a few 'open letters' on Forums or whip round for a fly-past anyone? I don't see the 'spoon fed' internet generation ramping this up to be honest.

Sadly I agree, I don't think it will. Swing Gao anyone?

Managers always get criticism

However, as many people have pointed out, we could have Pep Guadiola or Clippity Klopp here but I doubt they could do too much with the players we have.

Our recent recruitment has been diabolical and, in the main, the Manager's input (apart perhaps from the Pellegrino/Carillio connection) has been minimal.

If Ralph stays next season he can be judged on the impact he has on influencing the arrival of new blood which is critical to our future whatever League we are in.

He's a good manager, I think, destined for better things than trying to get a tune out of this rabble.

His hands are tied. He wants to play a back four, but we don't have two competent centre backs so he needs a five. He wants to play a high energy press, but he's got a squad that lacks physical conditioning. He wants to attack with pace, but almost all his options are plodders.

He definitely expected the board to strengthen in January.

Some of his decisions have been questionable, sure, but that's what you'd expect from a manager desperate to find a workable formula with these losers.

I can't understand his treatment of Gunn, though. A young keeper who has never played in the PL before, yet rather than easing him in at home, or letting him have a decent run in the side, he's been dropped into the deep end for two one-off outings away to Chelsea and Arsenal - two of the hardest games on the fixture list. I fully expect McCarthy to return against Fulham.

It's not a big thing, but it is weird.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Defensively we are poor but perhaps some of the problem is further up the field

Not only are our strikers poor at putting the ball in the net but they have very limited ability of holding on to the ball and it is recycled easily and this puts more pressure on our midfield and back four.

He's a good manager, I think, destined for better things than trying to get a tune out of this rabble.

His hands are tied. He wants to play a back four, but we don't have two competent centre backs so he needs a five. He wants to play a high energy press, but he's got a squad that lacks physical conditioning. He wants to attack with pace, but almost all his options are plodders.

He definitely expected the board to strengthen in January.

Some of his decisions have been questionable, sure, but that's what you'd expect from a manager desperate to find a workable formula with these losers.

I can't understand his treatment of Gunn, though. A young keeper who has never played in the PL before, yet rather than easing him in at home, or letting him have a decent run in the side, he's been dropped into the deep end for two one-off outings away to Chelsea and Arsenal - two of the hardest games on the fixture list. I fully expect McCarthy to return against Fulham.

It's not a big thing, but it is weird.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

the thing is why does he come out saying things like he wanted a smaller squad ?

theres two ways of looking at this Imo 1. he knew when he joined he had to reduce the squad and was expected to play youth more when agreeing to sign so in a way was playing club media mouthpiece with some of his comments.

or 2. he actually did want the smaller squad and was happy to freeze out the likes of gabbi etc and get rid. but if this 2nd scenario is the true one its puts a huge share of the blame at his doorstep for us weakening ourselves by having less options

Managers always get criticism

However, as many people have pointed out, we could have Pep Guadiola or Clippity Klopp here but I doubt they could do too much with the players we have.

Our recent recruitment has been diabolical and, in the main, the Manager's input (apart perhaps from the Pellegrino/Carillio connection) has been minimal.

If Ralph stays next season he can be judged on the impact he has on influencing the arrival of new blood which is critical to our future whatever League we are in.

Criticism can be both: negative or positive. Rather a question HOW to make criticism and after a loss many people easily start to overshoot, probably due to an overdose of emotionality. RH has made errors as everyone does, but he is clearly not the main reason for some of the losses during the last weeks. always needs to be viewed as a sum of many factors.

And if people would have had the chance to take 3 points out of 2 games against Arsenal - no question, of course you would have taken it.

Blame Ralph, blame individuals but nothing will change next season if we somehow survive this. The biggest issue at the club is the shambles that is our owner, our board and our abysmal transfer policy.

Gao will only invest from revenue generated by player sales so basically he’s skint... I foresee a Blackburn situation.

How can you blame the man? Look at the toilet he has to work with and alongside a board who are to stubborn to invest. When relegation hits us Ralph will go and I wouldn't blame him. This club currently is rotten under this ownership.

Well if it's true that he was happy to see the back of Gabbi and Cedric without them being replaced, then he has to take his share of the blame.

Well if it's true that he was happy to see the back of Gabbi and Cedric without them being replaced, then he has to take his share of the blame.

He probably got rid of them as he thought he was getting an upgrade.

Bet the board stitched him up good and proper like they have done to many other managers we’ve had.

Criticism can be both: negative or positive. Rather a question HOW to make criticism and after a loss many people easily start to overshoot, probably due to an overdose of emotionality. RH has made errors as everyone does, but he is clearly not the main reason for some of the losses during the last weeks. always needs to be viewed as a sum of many factors.

And if people would have had the chance to take 3 points out of 2 games against Arsenal - no question, of course you would have taken it.

Yes Ralph.

An absolutely criminal transfer window. The board and owner should hang their heads in shame. Gao needs to sell, Kat seriously needs to f*ck off.

The manager has a hell of a job on his hands trying to keep us up with the sh*te he's got to work with.

applauses............alot of frustrated fans cant figure out the chairman and why hes never accountable for such a poor transfere window che adams?really we couldnt get him?.............beyond belief atm this club.