Hasenhuttl ...can we criticise him yet...

saint lard

Reading this thread now is hilarious.

The difference RH has made is huge yet the usual suspects couldn't wait to run him down.

By my reckoning, since he arrived:

We've averaged 1.5 points per game.

We've beaten two top 6 teams.

He's shown faith in players previously ignored and got them back to their best (JWP. Romeu. Bednarek)

He's identified quality in the Academy (Valery mainly, but Slattery, Obafemi, Sims)

He's shown tactical flexibility

He's had to cope with virtually no fit effective strikers but got us scoring.

He's made supporting Saints exciting again.

That'll do for me. No, not planning on criticism.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Good post

@premierleague: Southampton have won 8 of 18 #PL matches under Ralph Hassenhuttl, as many as they’d won in 52 under their two previous permanent managers combined (Mark Hughes 3/22, Mauricio Pellegrino 5/30)
Crazy stat. Our 'standing still' target position for next season (based on form under RH) is 7th. With some shrewd player acquisitions...? Who knows....

are we going to do a Leicester next season?

Dilly dong dilly dang!

I think there are too many stronger teams this time for us to get near the top four let alone top six. The perfect storm has passed.

Oh for a Mahrez(creator), Vardy (goalscorer) and Kante (disruptor).

What big RH did and continues to do is unite the fans. The saints family

We have been split over Les Reed, Puel, Pellegrino, Hughes - but when RH was appointed we almost 100% backed it. It felt right, it's gone right. He is Mr Right and we all knew it then and now.

You will get occasional extreme views on both sides. For every post (just 2-3 as I can see) questioning him here you have an equal amount where he is "guaranteed to go to Spurs this summer" and that was after a couple games.

The saints family is together again. Let's not try to find fault in those nervous or those expectant. Let's stick together and back the lads 100%

#WeMarchOn #family #united

What big RH did and continues to do is unite the fans. The saints family

We have been split over Les Reed, Puel, Pellegrino, Hughes - but when RH was appointed we almost 100% backed it. It felt right, it's gone right. He is Mr Right and we all knew it then and now.

You will get occasional extreme views on both sides. For every post (just 2-3 as I can see) questioning him here you have an equal amount where he is "guaranteed to go to Spurs this summer" and that was after a couple games.

The saints family is together again. Let's not try to find fault in those nervous or those expectant. Let's stick together and back the lads 100%

#WeMarchOn #family #united

What on earth do you know about the Saints family?? You have to be a fan to know about the Saints family.

After your hilarious contributions in the first 6 posts on this thread I thought you would be too ashamed to post any more on this thread.... sorry make that too ashamed to post any more on this forum.

Edited by Tamesaint

are we going to do a Leicester next season?

Punting a tenner on it will be far better spend in August this year than it would have been last August. (Without hindsight)

If what is slowly being put together by Ralph and his team continues to develop, I don’t think many teams will be looking forward to playing us next season.

Relegation awaits for our forum expert.

Bold strategies this season but:

- Saints/Swansea comparison debacle

- Leicester

- trashing of Redmond/JWP

- Silva

Identical to Alpine who was relegated last season

You have omitted the "**** poor" description of Ralf fiasco.

Where does relegation take him ?? Pompey On Line?? The Everton forum??

Is anyone surprised that the starter of this thread is saintlard though? Lost all meaning when he started it. I mean, he still thinks Adkins failed and was one of our worst ever managers.

Never said Adkins was one of our worst ever managers....that’s one thing that would be incorrect.

Always maintained he was flawed and did not deserve the over the top adulation he received and still does.

He was extremely fortunate to have such a abundant of riches afforded to him during his tenure,compared to others in league one and the championship.

He gained promotions which is a good achievement,but by anyone’s standard that was duly expected with the calibre of players and facilities at his disposal.

Failing to win the league on either occasion was hugely underachieving.

And post us he was an abject failure.Just about gaining a little more credibility more recently.

As for Ralph....he now appears to be just what we need...on and off the pitch.

However at the time of starting this thread there was an air of ‘questionability’ over some of his decision making.

Thankfully it appears he has acclimatised himself to us....and the players to him.

Remembering however,we have had some abject displays and frustration in games also.

Nothing will always be perfect....that certainly applies to Adkins...although some of you find that difficult to grasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank goodness nothing can ever be perfect, or saint lard would have no subject matter for whinging critical posts.

Nigel Adkins wasn't a perfect manager - who is? But he didn't "massively underachieve" in not winning leagues. We twice finished one place short of perfection but achieved the primary aim of promotion to the PL. That's 9.5/10.

Yes, he had great resources but he used them really well. Excellent psychologist and man-manager. Yes, he's struggled subsequently, mainly due to the lack of resources at his new clubs.

Hasenhüttl hasn't adapted to Saints: if he had, he would have settled into mediocrity and the failed methods of the previous two managers. He has forced the club and players to adapt and accept him. With superb success.

The only disappointing performance under Ralph was Cardiff, before he had a chance to do anything. I can't recall questionable decisions - experimentation yes, but he quickly worked out which players and formations worked.

And there have been no abject, or even poor performances. Watching Saints has become exciting once more.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Never said Adkins was one of our worst ever managers....that’s one thing that would be incorrect.

Always maintained he was flawed and did not deserve the over the top adulation he received and still does.

He was extremely fortunate to have such a abundant of riches afforded to him during his tenure,compared to others in league one and the championship.

He gained promotions which is a good achievement,but by anyone’s standard that was duly expected with the calibre of players and facilities at his disposal.

Failing to win the league on either occasion was hugely underachieving.

And post us he was an abject failure.Just about gaining a little more credibility more recently.

As for Ralph....he now appears to be just what we need...on and off the pitch.

However at the time of starting this thread there was an air of ‘questionability’ over some of his decision making.

Thankfully it appears he has acclimatised himself to us....and the players to him.

Remembering however,we have had some abject displays and frustration in games also.

Nothing will always be perfect....that certainly applies to Adkins...although some of you find that difficult to grasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many clubs before us had achieved back to back promotions from league one to the premiership?

How many clubs before us had achieved back to back promotions from league one to the premiership?

Didn't Norwich do it - we knocked them out of the JPT they got promoted that season - then straight through the championship the following season.

If you listened to the strange Coventry post match interview from him, he had delivered what he was employed to do. Adkins is rightfully lauded by the majority of Saints fans - he was a bright ray of sunshine after some very dark days - yes Pardew won us some silverware, but after doing so he took the foot off the gas instead of pushing on for the play offs.

This thread is hilarious.

I presume (lets all hope this doesn't happen) if some bigger club steals Ralph from us, the many posters in here who were so quick to criticise him will not be that bothered?

I honestly think we probably have the 4th/5th best manager in the PL right now. It's good news for us that the likes of Utd and Arsenal are progressing ok wit new managers and Bayern have turned it around under their manager, otherwise I'd be worrying over the summer. (Chelsea might ditch Sarri, but I somehow can't see Ralph working there)

This thread is hilarious.

I presume (lets all hope this doesn't happen) if some bigger club steals Ralph from us, the many posters in here who were so quick to criticise him will not be that bothered?

I honestly think we probably have the 4th/5th best manager in the PL right now. It's good news for us that the likes of Utd and Arsenal are progressing ok wit new managers and Bayern have turned it around under their manager, otherwise I'd be worrying over the summer. (Chelsea might ditch Sarri, but I somehow can't see Ralph working there)

Behave.

I really like him but the idea that a big club would come calling and poach him after only half a season is ridiculous.

Behave.

I really like him but the idea that a big club would come calling and poach him after only half a season is ridiculous.

Not really hardly like this is his only success, I mean the guy was touted for the Bayern job last summer, and now he has proven his methods work in PL.

Sarri's biggest achievement was getting Napoli to 2nd place, and he got the Chelsea job off the back of that. Ralph did similar with RBL and has now shown his mettle in the EPL.

Dilly dong dilly dang!

I think there are too many stronger teams this time for us to get near the top four let alone top six. The perfect storm has passed.

Oh for a Mahrez(creator), Vardy (goalscorer) and Kante (disruptor).

If we signed players as good as those 3 and maybe a centre back with pace to play with Bednerek we would be some force

Man City in 2000

Norwich in 2011

Saints in 2012

I make that three in twelve. So not really that uncommon.

Fulham came close as well, L2>L1 with Man City same season but took an extra year to reach the PL. They went up both times as champions though (with 101 points both times)

• 5 months later...

Bertrand has to play at left back. Cedric is worth the right back slot. Great game today.

Bednarek needs to be replaced by Danso and slot in alongside Vester. Let them build up a partnership.

Boufal is a top player now, Redmond is unstoppable. Djenepo is a game changer. All 3 play.

Hojbjerg is captain.

Romeu is our player of the season so far.

There you have it Ralph. There is your team.

Stop the chopping and changing. Let the players build up an understanding of each other’s game

Bertrand has to play at left back. Cedric is worth the right back slot. Great game today.

Bednarek needs to be replaced by Danso and slot in alongside Vester. Let them build up a partnership.

Boufal is a top player now, Redmond is unstoppable. Djenepo is a game changer. All 3 play.

Hojbjerg is captain.

Romeu is our player of the season so far.

There you have it Ralph. There is your team.

Stop the chopping and changing. Let the players build up an understanding of each other’s game

Replacing Bednarek? :mcinnes: